ebinmaine

K582S. Will it run? YESSS!!!

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, pullstart said:

Sounds good, plus it runs on peanuts!  How much would you say you’ve got into this power plant... out of curiosity?

It does Kev. Thanks.

Believe it or not it burns gasoline not peanuts. But wouldn't that be cool. :banana-wrench:

Price wise... Let's see...

Initial investment for the trailer with engine and generator all in and connected.

$4.

Yes, 4.

I couldn't get it in the U-Haul when we picked up the rest of the stuff at the auction so I had to make a separate trip.

Gas money? I don't know. Ten bucks.

I bought a coil. $20.

Rebuild kit and an air filter. $30.?.

Two spark plugs from stock and I made new spark plug wires from stock. If I had to buy them. $20?

So that comes out to about $84 I guess.

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 2

953 nut
On 8/20/2019 at 8:02 AM, pullstart said:

Maybe Richard can help here, but I think the 953’s and maybe other large frame tractors used strategically placed angle iron to act as the “brake” for the belt when slack is introduced into the belt routing.  Maybe you could follow after that theory instead of all the trial and error of belt guard fab... then make a cover essentially that has no use but to keep your legs outta the loop?  @953 nut what say you?

I made one for a :wh: that had a Predator heart transplant and standard guard wouldn't fit. I ran a piece of angle iron at the top and and another at the bottom and welded a piece of 18 gauge to it as a cover. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

AHS
On 8/25/2019 at 11:56 AM, Burnerman said:

Run a compression test after she cools off and see how imbalanced you are after the resurrection. It sounds pretty good. 

Ok, so what’s the compression? It must have decompression, cause of how huge it is! I don’t know how you figure it out from there..

ebinmaine
8 minutes ago, AHS said:

Ok, so what’s the compression? It must have decompression, cause of how huge it is! I don’t know how you figure it out from there..

I haven't been able to retest it yet.

Work. Busy lately... Gross.

:sleeping-drool:

:P

I might get to it Sunday or Monday.

• Like 1

AHS
10 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

I haven't been able to retest it yet.

Work. Busy lately... Gross.

:sleeping-drool:

:P

I might get to it Sunday or Monday.

Work always gets in the way of wheel horse stuff!😄

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, AHS said:

Work always gets in the way of wheel horse stuff!😄

I KNOW !!!!

IT'S HORRIFIC

:ROTF:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

AHS

Ok, how long will that gallon of gunk carb cleaner last?  1 use? With all that crap in there. Is the basket included with it? I’m just blown away that it cleaned the carb up that good!! I’m gonna buy one, once I have a carb to clean! Once the original fluid is dumped out, what is to fill it with then? 

ebinmaine
5 minutes ago, AHS said:

Ok, how long will that gallon of gunk carb cleaner last?  1 use? With all that crap in there. Is the basket included with it? I’m just blown away that it cleaned the carb up that good!! I’m gonna buy one, once I have a carb to clean! Once the original fluid is dumped out, what is to fill it with then? 

I've cleaned at least a half-a-dozen carbs with this same can and not even filtered it yet. I've wondered if one could run the fluid through a gas filter very slowly and carefully or something along that line.

• Like 1