67 WH 877

New to me Case 220

67 WH 877

I recently picked this case up from a neighbor, says it has a knock. Anyone familiar with these old Case 220, has the 10 horse Kohler. Thanks in advance.Screenshot_2019-07-12-11-13-23.png.722b3f346fe00681c8c27d5a7410daca.png

• Like 2

ol550

Yup, got a pair of them. Sure ride better with a couple of Wheel Horse seat springs. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

WHNJ701

tough machines, this was my wife's grandfathers that he used.  it's now in our collection of tractors.  a lot of power behind them.  you should be able to get the manuals off the ingersoll website.

20181016_164548.jpg

• Like 3

ebinmaine
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

67 WH 877

He said it was running and cutting great, then started knocking and shut it down. I have yet to figure out what year it is, 70s model from the # on it...

67 WH 877
2 hours ago, jabelman said:

tough machines, this was my wife's grandfathers that he used.  it's now in our collection of tractors.  a lot of power behind them.  you should be able to get the manuals off the ingersoll website.

20181016_164548.jpg

Thanks bud Ill check that site out,,,Nice Case, what year and size motor? 

Edited by 67 WH 877
error

WHNJ701

If I remember right it's a 71, has the k241 10hp.  I have it running and usable  again someday plan to redo it.  unfortunately it sat for a few years outside but I was able to drive on the trailer, gotta love a kohler!  what really stinks was the snowcaster which I wanted rotted into the ground was junk, but I was able to save a mower deck and snowplow for it, which I used the snowplow last spring to push back some brush piles on the property which was fun.  

• Like 2

67 WH 877
3 hours ago, jabelman said:

If I remember right it's a 71, has the k241 10hp.  I have it running and usable  again someday plan to redo it.  unfortunately it sat for a few years outside but I was able to drive on the trailer, gotta love a kohler!  what really stinks was the snowcaster which I wanted rotted into the ground was junk, but I was able to save a mower deck and snowplow for it, which I used the snowplow last spring to push back some brush piles on the property which was fun.  

This one has the Kohler 241A (special oil pan.) Kohlers are awesome motors, easy to work on. Unfortunate when these tools turn to dust! Good you saved the two and are working with them. Im planning on keeping the deck on this one and use my WH for plowing and gardening. Enjoying every minute working with these ol tractors... Thanks again for the Info:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

67 WH 877
8 hours ago, ol550 said:

Yup, got a pair of them. Sure ride better with a couple of Wheel Horse seat springs. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Same year Bud? I have several # on here so Im not sure of the year yet. Haven't had much seat time on it yet, half to get that knock fixed first thing,:auto-layrubber:

PeacemakerJack

Thanks @ebinmainefor bringing me in on this one.  I am certainly not a guru when it comes to Case GT’s but I have owned one for 19 years!  Mine had a 14hp K321 in it when I purchased it from my Uncle.  I worked it for several years and it developed a knock.  Rather then mess with a rebuild at the time, I located a NOS Magnum 16hp Kohler and reported it.  Let me say that the Case Kohler powered GT’s are about as easy to do an engine swap as any tractor out there.  Any K series 10-16hp will fit on your Case provides that it has a straight output shaft on the crank that is at least a couple inches long.  They use a lovejoy coupler to mate the engine to the hydraulic pump.  Even if your output shaft diameter changes like mine did, you just purchase the correct “half” a lovejoy sized to your new spec.  The flywheel side has the typical 4 bolt pattern which holds the PTO on the Case.  The only other thing which was mentioned above is the oil pan.  You will have to change and put that on your new block because of how it is designed.  If you decide to rebuild the motor, it would be typical to the Kohler’s that you find in Wheel Horses, Cubs, JD’s, etc.  Each brand has certain things that they spec but overall it would be a similar process.  I’m including a link to the thread on my tractor...

I will say this for the record, Case GT’s are unique and tough little machines.  I can’t say that I always like their HyDrive system for user friendliness compared to a true Hydrostatic drive. However, they are extremely tough and run as smooth as the engine is capable of working.  Good luck and keep us posted.

• Like 2

ol550
8 hours ago, 67 WH 877 said:

Same year Bud? I have several # on here so Im not sure of the year yet. Haven't had much seat time on it yet, half to get that knock fixed first thing,:auto-layrubber:

I may be wrong but I think the model number 220-__ is the year. :techie-studyinggray:

• Like 1

PeacemakerJack

:text-yeahthat: 200 is the series and the 0 is for the Hp rating.  For instance a 226 would be 200 series tractor with a 16hp motor.  When that tractor was made, they also produced the 400 series which was a big wheel tractor and the 600 series which was a commercial duty machine with a front end loader attached. This is my cousin’s 648 with a custom grapple attached.

Very sweet machines!

• Like 1

WHNJ701
26 minutes ago, ol550 said:

I may be wrong but I think the model number 220-__ is the year. :techie-studyinggray:

case/ingersoll has very detailed spreadsheets which you can tell the year by the serial number.  

• Like 2

67 WH 877
18 hours ago, ol550 said:

Thanks..Ill check into that:handgestures-thumbupright:

67 WH 877
18 hours ago, jabelman said:

case/ingersoll has very detailed spreadsheets which you can tell the year by the serial number.  

Got so busy today havent got to that site yet, checking it out tomorrow. :techie-computer:

67 WH 877
On 7/20/2019 at 2:43 AM, 67 WH 877 said:

Got so busy today havent got to that site yet, checking it out tomorrow. :techie-computer:

I had no luck finding this tractor on the case/Ingersoll site...Unfortunately I am missing the last number. Looks like something hit the tag and its gone... at any rate I was still not able to match the # I do have. Production # 1401963? any ideas on this? 

67 WH 877
On 7/19/2019 at 8:31 AM, jabelman said:

Any idea why this # is not found on the chart they have...#1401963?

WHNJ701
On 7/24/2019 at 10:53 PM, 67 WH 877 said:

Any idea why this # is not found on the chart they have...#1401963?

that number on the chart I have puts it 1982

• Like 1

67 WH 877
1 hour ago, jabelman said:

that number on the chart I have puts it 1982

Ok... Thank you, Not sure why its not on the I/C web site.