ebinmaine

What does Redsquare make you forget to do?

ebinmaine

So I'm sitting here looking at some website about tractors and people and all kinds of cool stuff and realized my cofffffeeeee is getting colder....

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Sparky

Haha Eric! 

Not just RS...the whole dang internet is a time stealer. I wake up on a Sat or Sun and spend all sorts of time checking my emails, replying, reading RS, replying to posts like this one, doing any RS Admin stuff that needs dealing with, scrolling thru FB ( right past all the religious and political rubbish or course) and a quick check of Craigslist for WH deals.

My coffee ends up in the microwave at least once to get the temps back up :lol: !

• Haha 1

dclarke

That's happened to me too, Eric. More than once. 

• Like 1

953 nut

Thanks for posting this!!!!    I need to eat breakfast.         :hide:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Pullstart

I had a cup of coffee at 4:30, sent my wife off to work, got into the shop about 5:10.  Forgot breakfast.  Yep, I’m getting hungry.  But I’m doing tractor stuff and the house is so far away...  at least 30 yards!

• Haha 2

ZXT

I don't seem to have that issue - but then again, I don't drink coffee!

My morning rituals consist of waking up, looking at RS, and then looking through FB marketplace and craigslist for things I don't need.

• Like 1

adsm08

Feed the kids and dogs.

• Haha 1

Stormin

Cold coffee here as well. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

WHNJ701

guess I am strange I like cold black coffee, as soon as I make it I put an ice cube in it.

I damn near burned my mouth with one those stupid yeti mugs, took a big gulp after it was in there for few hours, I swear it got hotter as sat in there

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

squonk

RS makes me forget to...........................................wait i'll be back shortly! :hide:

Edited by squonk
  • Haha 3

Digger 66

Reading here usually makes me remember more things than I forget .

FWIW .

• Like 1

ebinmaine
6 hours ago, adsm08 said:

Feed the kids and dogs.

No... It's "Fend for yourself day"

Call it a life skill.

• Like 1

adsm08
4 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

No... It's "Fend for yourself day"

Call it a life skill.

At my house every days is "Stop asking me for food until you can tell me what you want" day.

• Like 1

ebinmaine
On 6/15/2019 at 11:08 AM, adsm08 said:

Feed the kids and dogs.

Scrolling through lookin for something else and found this. Did you ever remember to feed the smaller creatures?

A year and a half has gone by.....

formariz
On 6/15/2019 at 7:27 AM, ebinmaine said:

So I'm sitting here looking at some website about tractors and people and all kinds of cool stuff and realized my cofffffeeeee is getting colder....

Sitting in front of a screen does take a lot of ones time and makes one forgetful of many other necessary tasks. The more important question about it is however whether that time was wasted or not. The answer is usually obvious afterwards unfortunately if not the favorable one, too late the time has been wasted and one cannot retrieve it. Its a tool like any other. Whether it is being  used correctly and efficiently or not is all up to the user. Its addictive. Like any other addiction it sucks you in. By choice this is basically the only forum I use and follow, reason being because I not only enjoy "being together" with individuals of similar interests and or  values, but also for its instructional and entertaining  value. Unlike other sites, off topic subjects that quickly lead to controversy are quickly extinguished . Some may say that such practice takes ones freedom of expression away but in reality even if it does that, the benefits outweigh it. We are so many from diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and geographically apart and yet can be civil and learn from each other. Unfortunately that is not possible with most other sites because of the lack of control.

• Excellent 2

Handy Don
23 minutes ago, formariz said:

civil and learn from each other

It was observing this while lurking here for months that finally overcame my general distain for social media sites so that I joined.

Edited by Handy Don
  • Like 1
  • Heart 1

ebinmaine
10 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

It was observing this while lurking here for months that finally overcame my general distain for social media sites so that joined.

Same here but I STILL can't believe they let me IINN!!

:ROTF:

adsm08
5 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Scrolling through lookin for something else and found this. Did you ever remember to feed the smaller creatures?

A year and a half has gone by.....

Well, they are still alive, so somebody fed them. The big one can feed himself now.

Although, I had  been spending a lot less time here until the 855 blew up two weeks ago.

• Like 1

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, adsm08 said:

Well, they are still alive, so somebody fed them

:lol:

rjg854

What does Redsquare make you forget to do?

Actually , it helps me think of things that should be done , maintenance things , improvements, or just other ideas to make this hobby even better.

My other jobs get done, as long as I remember to write them down :laughing-rolling:

• Like 1

ebinmaine
Just now, rjg854 said:

remember to write them down

I have my phone calendar for that. Without it I wouldn't remember to do anything but maybe eat. And eat more. 

rjg854
1 minute ago, ebinmaine said:

I have my phone calendar for that. Without it I wouldn't remember to do anything but maybe eat. And eat more. 

who uses pen and paper any more  :ychain:

• Haha 1

ebinmaine
14 minutes ago, rjg854 said:

who uses pen and paper any more  :ychain:

Trina's mom. Her place looks like a sticky confetti cannon went off!!

Post-it here. Post-it there.  Everywhere a Post-It. 

:ROTF:

• Haha 1