Razorback

Brought home a new toy

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

I had a 62 Falcon Futura. Best of luck, sounds like a mouse with a roar.  Keep uh s posted.

Glenn

• Like 1

ebinmaine

That's an awesome car....

I'm a huge fan of "not your average" anything.

Fantastic that it's a wagon and muscle ish.

Love to see more pics!!

• Like 3

Razorback

A bunch of current pictures, and a couple of what it used to look like.

I'd like to thump someone on the head that thought that magnetic sign on the door was a good idea. As is typical for those signs, it "stuck" to some of the paint..... now there are places to fix on each door.

Current needs: tinted windows, shocks, fix the wipers (went up and quit), get the rear window working, and figure out why the AC isn't working.

It's a blast to drive, and it sounds really nice. Still has some kind of hot-rod shifter in it..... hard-shifting and strong.

My intent is to get this thing to where I can use it for my drive-to-work car and let my pickup rest. It is a low-miles (140K) 1995 F250 PowerStroke. Would like to keep it mainly for pulling our travel trailer.

00000_4TKLKZOw8e8_600x450.jpg

00g0g_irIEnhgHsEb_600x450.jpg

00H0H_7XcDFQNhPX4_600x450.jpg

00k0k_2cRz07AEbJR_600x450.jpg

00m0m_dbw2fqmYOSt_600x450.jpg

00n0n_j2wOODX3cbL_600x450.jpg

00o0o_jYNEUYGFPc8_600x450.jpg

00p0p_40Tv8EjB6GT_600x450.jpg

00p0p_gkRvQRXMlvo_600x450.jpg

00p0p_hGkVGGkVeNS_600x450.jpg

00r0r_jSQFPlYtHFS_600x450.jpg

00R0R_hF6ZnbLvCyc_600x450.jpg

00v0v_hAeJ39LPAcm_600x450.jpg

00V0V_hxMA4OLbp1I_600x450.jpg

001.jpg

011.jpg

01010_jBDWBcGB8oi_600x450.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

peter lena

probably the best thing today is all the related mustang chassis parts available, you can go from pathetic to fantastic in a bolt on swap. in the mean time i would start to oil spray into closed body areas, to stop and prevent rust . interior panels come off easily, exposing the outer rust area , i like chain and cable spray , it creeps and  soaks into closed seams  killing rust. looks like a fun recovery , good luck , pete

• Like 2

ebinmaine

Boy that thing is something else. We don't see that kind of solid, what used to be a daily driver, up here in the Northeast too often.

I looked at one in a similar manner probably 25 years ago and I should have bought the thing. It was a late 70s Chevy Malibu wagon with a really angry 350 in it. Four on the floor. That was actually the only thing that gave it away as non-stop from the outside and of course you had to look in the window even to see that.

as to those bad magnetic sign areas on the door... I'm just about twisted enough to create some different kind of sign to cover the damage.

You got yourself a great piece of history and daily driver all rolled into one there. Good luck with it and keep us posted for whatever you do.

• Like 2

The Tuul Crib

Those 302 engines were hard to beat! 

I had 289 302 351 windsor and Cleveland. 

And a wicked cobra jet.l guess you could say l loved fords !!

• Like 2

JCM

@ebinmaine is right,how about a Red & Black Wheelhorse Hauler  sign to cover up the existing one, by the way ,nice ride.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
Just now, JCM said:

@ebinmaine is right,how about a Red & Black Wheelhorse Hauler  sign to cover up the existing one, by the way ,nice ride.

Oh yeah. There you go. You call up that vinyl guy and get yourself a nice sticker for both sides of that vehicle and drive it to work and drive it to shows and drive it to groceries and drive it everywhere.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

953 nut
18 hours ago, Razorback said:

ought to be fun! 1969 Falcon,

:text-coolphotos:    Nice car, glad you will be giving it some love. :handgestures-thumbupright:     I had a Falcon land in my yard once,    :ychain:

image.jpeg.e4d2c41779bb56e170b63375880a7821.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Razorback

Well, got closer on one problem..... did a little investigation into the wipers... no fuse blown, connections tight. Didn’t get the meter out yet, but gave the wiper motor a well-calibrated “tunk” and they started moving again! I might need to replace the motor, we’ll see.

• Haha 1

Razorback

Got the windshield washer system installed and working again! Went to a You-Pull-It yard and got a combination radiator expansion/washer reservoir tank and pump..... for $16!!! Then got a washer nozzle kit from O’Reilly..... all works like a champ now!

Also, took the Falcon to my local shop today to get the AC system serviced, hoping that all it needed was a charge. They put it on their machine, verified pressure and vacuum were good! Added almost 2lbs of R134, now it’s good to go! The radiator shroud is missing..... hoping that the shroud that I kept from our 1981 Bronco will fit it. 

• Like 1

ebinmaine

I've had some older cars that had no shroud. Did yours have one originally or are you adding one?

Razorback
28 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

I've had some older cars that had no shroud. Did yours have one originally or are you adding one?

I really don’t know. 

Looking at the old Bronco shroud, I believe I can make it work. Might add a fan clutch while I’m at it.....

• Like 1

ebinmaine

Fan clutch would be recommended if you know you can get a good one that doesn't seep out the back seal that faces the engine.

Save you a little bit of fuel.

• Like 1

Razorback
1 minute ago, ebinmaine said:

Fan clutch would be recommended if you know you can get a good one that doesn't seep out the back seal that faces the engine.

Save you a little bit of fuel.

I’ll check and see where I purchased a fan clutch for my 7.3L PowerStroke several years ago. It has been a good one.

Razorback
19 minutes ago, Razorback said:

I’ll check and see where I purchased a fan clutch for my 7.3L PowerStroke several years ago. It has been a good one.

Looks like a Four Seasons brand, purchased through RockAuto in April 2012

adsm08
On 5/17/2019 at 9:11 AM, peter lena said:

probably the best thing today is all the related mustang chassis parts available, you can go from pathetic to fantastic in a bolt on swap. in the mean time i would start to oil spray into closed body areas, to stop and prevent rust . interior panels come off easily, exposing the outer rust area , i like chain and cable spray , it creeps and  soaks into closed seams  killing rust. looks like a fun recovery , good luck , pete

There is one of those running around near me that thinks it is a 97 Mustang. It's got the Mustang fire wall, power train, gas tank, dash has been modified to use all the Mustang electronics, but looks stock, hydroboost brakes...

Its insane.

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H
1 hour ago, Razorback said:

I really don’t know. 

Looking at the old Bronco shroud, I believe I can make it work. Might add a fan clutch while I’m at it.....

Honestly on your set-up there I would get one of those double electric fan/shroud sets like Jegs/Summit sells, and forget trying to get a clutch fan and shroud, I wish I had went that route on my car... I actually have an electric pusher fan plus the SFI flex fan in a shroud and still runs "warm" in "parade" traffic.

IMAG3309.jpg

• Like 2

ebinmaine
18 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

Honestly on your set-up there I would get one of those double electric fan/shroud sets

The man's got a point there.

Electric fan would be more efficient and reliable... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Razorback

Thanks for that..... you have helped convince myself that I should proceed with my original plan of installing a “3-row equivalent” aluminum radiator and a Flex-a-Lite thermostatically controlled electric fan setup like I put on our Bronco.

• Like 1

ebinmaine
Just now, Razorback said:

Thanks for that..... you have helped convince myself that I should proceed with my original plan of installing a “3-row equivalent” aluminum radiator and a Flex-a-Lite thermostatically controlled electric fan setup like I put on our Bronco.

That would not be the worst decision you ever made.

:handgestures-thumbupright: