ebinmaine

Mother's day train ride from North Conway New Hampshire

oliver2-44

i love the old trains that have been turned into tourist trains.  There a cool step back in time

• Like 2

Daddy Don

Aren't all MOTHERS DAYS GREAT. You are one lucky man to have a day like this. To take a trip like this is the great finish to the day. Happy MOTHERS DAY TO ALL MOMS.:USA:

• Like 2

JAinVA

Thanks for sharing Eric! Great pictures and a memorable Mothers Day outing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

DET

My wife and I spent a few days in North Conway a few years ago and took the same train ride. Very nice area, just don’t go in June, the bugs were terrible.

• Like 2

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, DET said:

My wife and I spent a few days in North Conway a few years ago and took the same train ride. Very nice area, just don’t go in June, the bugs were terrible.

Hahahaha....

Yeah. This is Northern New England. We're running an extremely late spring this year but normally the bugs are terrible from late April until the first freeze sometime in September.

Lots of woods to make the black flies and ticks happy and lots and lots of water in all forms to make the black flies and mosquitoes happy..

I should probably buy stock in the insect repellent industry.

:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

dclarke

Thanks for the pics, Eric. Looks like a nice way to spend Mothers Day! 

• Like 2

ebinmaine

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

Mows4three

Next to old tractors, I love old trains.   And ice cream.    

Thanks for sharing.   Always thought it would be cool to have a private car and cruise the rails from coast to coast.   Of course, an RV gives you more utility and access to places the tracks don't go.   Plus, you can stop anywhere to take pictures or eat at a roadside diner.  

Nice pictures.   Glad you all enjoyed the day, Eric!

Dave

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

bottjernat1

Music to my ears my late dad was a train guy he loved them. He collected trains and lanterns. We had around 300 lanterns. I kept alot of them and gave some away and sold a few. 

• Like 1

Pullstart

With a train being around that long, how many times would one might think it’s been robbed or held up in the olden days?

• Haha 2

ebinmaine
3 hours ago, pullstart said:

With a train being around that long, how many times would one might think it’s been robbed or held up in the olden days?

That's a good question right there I guess. The northern half of the White Mountains was a very very sought after tourist destination all the way from about the 1830s. Lots of money would have been going up and down those tracks.

• Like 1