Sign in to follow this  
kthack657

Another one followed us home

kthack657

So jimt1971 was cruising the fb marketplace last week when he came across what he knew was an xi, but no idea what model...the description was toro riding mower.  He spent the next week trying to message the guy with no luck.  Finally he looked up they guy and saw the post on his homepage as well, and left a comment.  Long story short he doesn't use messenger, but does text.  So Jimt1971 communicates with the guy and made arrangements to pick up today, well the plans changed and he told us Friday night or Saturday morning only...we werr going to a show on Saturday so Friday at 5:30 we grab the 5x8 trailer and make the 2 hour trip down to get the tractor.  We go over and look at it, and everything works, and sounds good too, just needs a good greasing and some small adjustments.  Also need to see about getting a new deck.  

• Like 4

stevasaurus

Karen, you should know that this kind of post "REQUIRES" pictures.  :notworthy:  :occasion-xmas:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Herder
26 minutes ago, stevasaurus said:

Karen, you should know that this kind of post "REQUIRES" pictures.  :notworthy:  :occasion-xmas:

:text-thankyouyellow::wwp::woohoo:

kthack657

Ok ok here are some pixs...lol it is raining here so they may not be the best, also why the seat is up.  All in all it is really a clean tractor!!

20190505_121926.jpg

20190505_121932.jpg

20190505_121940.jpg

20190505_121950.jpg

20190505_122003.jpg

20190505_122018.jpg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 2

stevasaurus

Thank you for the pics.  that is a clean horse and it went to a good home.  :occasion-xmas:

• Like 1

kthack657

Back in January I picked up a rougher 522xi, it needs work, but I could not pass up on the deal either...so now we have a pair of xi's!!

Have the tins for the sides but am missing a seat and the front grill, but it has a 22hp kohler

20190112_105938.jpg

20190112_105955.jpg

20190112_105959.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

WVHillbilly520H
10 hours ago, kthack657 said:

We go over and look at it, and everything works, and sounds good too, just needs a good greasing and some small adjustments.  Also need to see about getting a new deck.  

I hear the 52" deck has the best cut of all the xi decks...IDK as I had a 48" and a 60" which cut really good.

jimt1971

I have five hours into this tractor so far and I found a broken shaft on the side of the frame for the hydro pedal. I am used to my 520 and I keep looking for the motion lever. Hopefully once I weld the shaft and lube everything up it will stop when I release the pedal. Currently using the parking brake to stop it.

• Like 2

kthack657

JimT1971 put the 522xi's deck under the 518xi, and he says the deck is nice and quiet and does a good job!! So happy it mows nice!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• gfullz
      By gfullz
      Hey guys! new wheel horse owner here. I picked up a 2001 523xi that came with a berco subframe. I happened to find a 40" compact berco that was hardly used to slap on it only I'm not sure where to start as there are no resources for this that I can find. I'm mechanically inclined, rebuilt the injection pump, injectors etc... as I purchased it non-running as it wasn't receiving any fuel to the injectors (it runs amazing now btw). 

so for starters I'm going to go out on a whim here and say that this will require the mule drive or "pulley box". and I've got the rest of the parts in the picture. The parts of the subframe that look to bolt up seem so narrow compared to the hookups on the rest of the tractor. Any help is greatly appreciated.

• Berco
      By Berco
      I have a transaxle from a 518XI that i have as a spare. I would like to put some caps on the two open hydraulic lines, but i am having some hard time figuring out the thread and type to mate with the existing tubing. Does anyone know the specs for can point me to a fitting that will work? thanks!
    • Berco
      By Berco
      Heads up for those in the midwest, there seems to be a good candidate for a project or fixer upper 522xi on chambana CL. I hope someone in the St Louis area grabs it so i can lend a hand an learn a bunch too (i currently own a 522XI). For $400 you get a 522XI with electric issues (wires chewed from mice), plus 52" deck and snow blower. I would be all over this but i do not have the time, money or space right now.
    • FELOPZD
      By FELOPZD
      Hello everyone,

I NEED HELP!

I came across a gentleman that is selling his whole Wheel Horse collection to clear out his garage.  This is what he has:

($600)   93 520H, 1400hrs  runs perfect, 48" deck. Torn seat. 20hp Onan.  Has owned since new.  He says it is a gas guzzler.
      ($1000) 01 520xi, 2889 hrs (key must have been left on).  20hp kohler. Looks in good shape.  tight and shows little wear.   Starts, runs fine. only a puff of smoke at initial start-up. minor Hydro noise, but it was 25 degrees out.
                    comes with 78363 48" deck, 42" blower.
      ($500)  additional 60" xi deck, clean, no rust, original
      ($1000) 268h with 360hrs in the best condition of the 3.
      ($1200) 52" Z-master zero-turn with 600 hrs.
      ($500)   02 520lxi for parts, running.
      ($3500) for everything above.

I am upgrading, potentially from a Deere GT225 with around 500hrs.  The GT is uncomfortable, and the 42" deck is small.  I have hilly terrain and about an acre of grass.  
      I need the tractor for snow removal and mowing only, in addition to hauling a trailer to/from the woods.  I have a 1981 1710 Ford tractor with a FEL, PTO/3pt, and back blade for big jobs.

Please steer me correctly.  Tell me what to look for specifically, as I am new to Wheel Horse.  Thanks for any/ALL input!!!

-Eric

• John1957
      By John1957
      I am considering buying a 2001 518xi with 750 hours in average condition.  Are these machines reliable and if what is a reasonable value for it?  Thanks, John1957