Ice chipper for an ice cream maker?

Dave

• Excellent 1

Ed Kennell
8 hours ago, Mows4three said:

Ice chipper for an ice cream maker?

Dave

Image result for cigar pictures images 

This is the only ice cream freezer I have seen with the ice cube chipper attached.

P5010387.JPG.05769220b14fc6ebaf7e1ff42b071235.JPG

Edited by Ed Kennell
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 2

Mows4three

Ed,   Are you serious?   It's an ice chipper?

• Like 1

Mows4three

Holy cannoli...!   That was just a wild guess after seeing the big drive pulley in the background.  

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

Good guess Dave....your turn to challenge us with the next WHATIZIT.

• Like 1

Mows4three

Alrighty, then.    Here is the next Whatzit.   

This photo was sent sent to me by a friend who truly has no idea what this object is, or was used for.   He would like to know what it is.  The handle is wood and is too lightweight to have been used for striking.  We thought it was some kind of roofing tool used in removing copper nails from slate, but that theory didn't seem plausible.  

What in tarnation is it?

Dave

IMG_5236.JPG

Edited by Mows4three
  • Like 2

Ed Kennell

I've been searching but not finding anything similar.    Roofing tool seems reasonable to me.

• Like 1

Mows4three

We think it's too lightweight to be used in roofing.  The little hook on it has some use but we can't figure it out. 

Edited by Mows4three

formariz

I seen that tool before, and I am sure somewhere here I have a picture of it. I am not going to swear by it, but i believe that it is a wood siding tool. Ill have to spend some time looking but I believe it is in Diderot's Pictorial Encyclopedia of Trades and Industry.

Edited by formariz

Mows4three

If it is a wood siding tool, that would make a lot more sense than a roofing tool. 

stevasaurus

Whether for roofs or siding, I would say give me my 2 foot bar.  :confusion-confused:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

WVHillbilly520H

After you'all figure that out , I definitely have a puzzler for you folks that I found in the back yard while cleaning up the tree limbs next to where I nearly met my maker..it was buried in the dirt and old wire fence next to the corner post...

IMAG5853.jpg

IMAG5556.jpg

• Like 1

formariz
28 minutes ago, stevasaurus said:

Whether for roofs or siding, I would say give me my 2 foot bar.  :confusion-confused:

Just like a slate nail puller /remover this is a highly specialized tool that obviously it is designed to slide under designated material and remove it without damage. This particular one is too short to be used in slate and does not have the end hooks to catch nail. Slate remover is also designed to be struck in rear of handle. This one is definitely hands only judging by type of wood handle that allows tool to be pushed and also pulled. The intent of these types of tools is not demolition but carefully planed removal so material can be adjusted or re utilized.

• Thanks 1

formariz
32 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

After you'all figure that out , I definitely have a puzzler for you folks that I found in the back yard while cleaning up the tree limbs next to where I nearly met my maker..it was buried in the dirt and old wire fence next to the corner post...

What does the end that is in ground look like?

What are you showing on second photo?

WVHillbilly520H
44 minutes ago, formariz said:

What does the end that is in ground look like?

What are you showing on second photo?

1) just 8-12" more of what you see... 2) the corner post where I unearthed it , near my tree mishap.

stevasaurus

I know what I'd use that find for  there WH...clean it up, stick it in the front yard and hang a Wheel Horse head sign from the round part.  :occasion-xmas:

• Like 3

Stormin

Looks as if it could be a drawbar for a trailer or similar. Really need to see the part that buried.

• Like 1

ebinmaine
4 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

2 foot bar is only for light-duty work Steve

When we built the granite steps two or three years ago by hand, I needed something with maximum leverage and I'm well known for breaking things so I opted for... Go big or go home.

I ended up getting a six foot long crowbar that probably weighs one side or the other of 50lb.

• Like 1

Mows4three

Here is a good picture of slater's tools.  Close but not close enough in similarity to the tool I posted.   I have developed a theory on what it's used for but I'm still coming up short on enough hard evidence to hang a name on it.  

Dave

IMG_5385.JPG

Edited by Mows4three
  • Like 2

formariz

OK I think I got it. Looks from the photo that hook part of tool actually has a bevel therefor it was sharp. Front spade of tool with rounded edge must be sharp also.

It is a Farrier's Buttress used to clean and trim horse's hooves. These things were usually made by local blacksmiths and there are numerous variations .

Edited by formariz
  • Like 1

Ed Kennell

See the source imageSee the source image     Cas may have it.  These are farrier tools.

Edited by Ed Kennell

formariz

The handle is what led me to it. I knew I had seen it before.A handle like that is rather unique and something that would definitely stick in my mind.

Mows4three

I think you got it formariz.    I was leaning toward a boot sole deconstruction tool used by cobblers, but I had the wrong kind of feet in mind!  

Have a cigar on me.  

You're on deck!

Dave

IMG_5387.JPG

Edited by Mows4three
  • Haha 2

formariz

A few more woodworking tools. What are they used for? Tips are all different.

IMG_1809.JPG.a68842159dcf820cd5b26ddba1b129bc.JPG