Ed Kennell

Whatizit Do Over

SylvanLakeWH
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

Just checking to see if I can post to this thread.

Yep...you can!

• Thanks 1

Ed Kennell

:woohoo:  I was just now able to post on this thread again after being unsuccessful since yesterday.            The latest clue was ….WAGON.

• Like 1

ebinmaine

Trina says

:P

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:ROTF::ROTF::ROTF:

• Haha 1

formariz
18 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

It's a bull cinch.  You put that one end in a bull's buttocks and the other end on a fence...and it is a cinch that bull is not going anywhere. :occasion-xmas:

15 hours ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Normally you provide excellent pictures, video, detailed references to owners manuals and parts etc...

Could we get such documentation, video etc. of you demonstrating the appropriation insertion technique, angles, type of lubrication (what viscosity) etc...

Confucius say: One must pass on knowledge when mastery is achieved...

:ychain:

I think this is the reason why there are problems posting for some since last night. As Steve @stevasaurusis trying to comply to Jim's @SylvanLakeWHrequest, the system is getting overloaded with the amount of redactions on the report.

Edited by formariz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

formariz

Is it the chain that goes from the draw ring on the yoke clevis to the wagon? Or perhaps the heel chain?

Edited by formariz
  • Like 1

Ed Kennell

My Grandson was here and cleaned up some files and cookies.       If this post works,  concentrate on the rear of the wagon.

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

953 nut
2 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

Grandson was here and cleaned up some files and cookies.

We are visiting our granddaughter and she helped me with a few IT issues too.       Gotta love those youngins!

• Heart 1

formariz

Is it the chain that would hold the tail board?Trace chain?

Edited by formariz
  • Like 1

Ed Kennell

Thank you all for the great guesses and I am sorry I could not reply to them all due to the posting problems we were having the past few days. 

So here is the answer.

This short chain is used to create braking traction on a rear wheel of a heavily loaded wagon when descending a steep muddy or snow covered slope.

The chain is looped through the spokes around the outer rim of the wheel. the wheel is rotated so the chain is at the bottom and the wheel is locked in this position with a rope or another light chain.    The wagon is then pulled down the hill with the rear wheel(s) locked and sliding thus preventing the wagon from overrunning the pulling animals.

It is a wagon brake.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
23 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

Thank you all for the great guesses and I am sorry I could not reply to them all due to the posting problems we were having the past few days. 

So here is the answer.

This short chain is used to create braking traction on a rear wheel of a heavily loaded wagon when descending a steep muddy or snow covered slope.

The chain is looped through the spokes around the outer rim of the wheel. the wheel is rotated so the chain is at the bottom and the wheel is locked in this position with a rope or another light chain.    The wagon is then pulled down the hill with the rear wheel(s) locked and sliding thus preventing the wagon from overrunning the pulling animals.

It is a wagon brake.

AAAAHHHHH

:party:

• Like 1

formariz

Great one. Not a typical part .Would never think of that.

• Thanks 1