The Tuul Crib

Where does this snap ring belong

The Tuul Crib

Where does this snap ring belong? Can anyone shed some light on my dilemma?

These don’t come with instructions Of course I can figure everything else out but this  snap ring  has me baffled !!

5FBCF0D6-63B0-4717-AC81-17877817B428.jpeg

Herder

Baffling!! I have never see a snap ring used in the install of a fuel pump. And it's too big for anything in the fuel system.  It's your lucky day you gotta freebie.:handgestures-thumbupright:

The Tuul Crib
1 minute ago, Herder said:

Baffling!! I have never see a snap ring used in the install of a fuel pump. And it's too big for anything in the fuel system.  It's your lucky day you gotta freebie.:handgestures-thumbupright:

Every fuel pump on eBay like this has the same ring !  This does not make any sense to me !

Herder

I would go with the gasket and not the red rubber o ring thingamajig. I have never been able to get them to seal properly.

Herder
1 minute ago, The Tool Crib said:

Every fuel pump on eBay like this has the same ring !  This does not make any sense to me !

I have no idea what it would be for.  Sorry I guess I cant help. Dam eBay.

The Tuul Crib

Maybe they are some stupid idiotic Chinese thing we don’t know about. Or they may fit on there rickshaws!

chip61

I'm not a fan of this setup, but it is used to depress the "buttons" when you install the fittings on the pump body. Depress the "buttons" with the snap ring, install the fitting at the angle you need and remove the snap ring.

• Like 5

JCM

@chip61     I could not for the life of me remember what that snap ring was for until your post, now I remember using that when I replaced a pump 3 years ago on my C-165-8.

• Like 1

The Tuul Crib

So do you remove the four screws on the 

diagram and disassemble to do this ?

chip61

No, look at the pump where the fittings go and you will see 2 small square indentations opposite each other. Use the snap ring to depress those and the fitting will pop right in, then remove the snap ring to lock the fitting in place. 

• Like 3

rmaynard
2 minutes ago, chip61 said:

No, look at the pump where the fittings go and you will see 2 small square indentations opposite each other. Use the snap ring to depress those and the fitting will pop right in, then remove the snap ring to lock the fitting in place. 

fuelpump.jpg.bd037aa26ed1aa3ae2a129e68c4d09a6.jpg

• Like 3

squonk
1 hour ago, The Tool Crib said:

Where does this snap ring belong? Can anyone shed some light on my dilemma?

These don’t come with instructions Of course I can figure everything else out but this  snap ring  has me baffled !!

5FBCF0D6-63B0-4717-AC81-17877817B428.jpeg

Speaking of instructions, notice how they only include pictures but no text now on almost everything nowadays. Tiny little pictures for you to figure out what the neck they are showing you.

The Tuul Crib

Yeh all the other parts fall in place except for that damn snap ring !

JAinVA

Since the pump was probably made in China you definitely don't want written instructions.If you have ever read their English instructions, they are funny but confusing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The Tuul Crib

Confucius say .ah ... good a ruck. !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

JoeM

It is handy if you choose the re-index the fittings.

The Tuul Crib

How about the electric pump options.

I have heard of other members here using the electric pump replacement. Is there any part numbers or recommendations for this application? 

• Like 1

midpack

I used electric on a C-175 when the cam lobe wouldn't push the pump lever anymore. Used a cheapo ($12) low pressure pump off ebay, couple fused connectors and some wire, a relay. Maybe $35 all in all. It's been at least 3 years now, still works great!

All the info is already on this site to hook it up

squonk

Napa 610-1052. A little more expensive than a E bay pump but if it fails you drive a few miles and they give you a new one. I've used 2 of them. Actually made by FacetNWMTMB.jpg.8a5453541248523da5164b841b875f70.jpg