davidtmercer

10 pinion axle gear failure

davidtmercer

Just recently had a 10 pinion differential axle gears lose their teeth as shown in this picture from a post in 2014.  

Was wondering if others have had this happen and if they determined the root cause and corrective actions.

I am considering replacing the two axle gears and five pinions that were destroyed but did not want the same thing to happen again.

I assume the failure was due to a worn cylindrical spring that I also plan to replace.

image.png.1e2f30d1d8e407365e1e7c9a1cda42e8.png

• Like 1

daveoman1966

I don't know  why that would happen, but I can replace the 10-pinion diff parts you need less axles.

here  are the gears u grenaded

I count 17 spines on axle ends and 25 tooth gear...right?

I should have the other parts too..

contact me via direct email...  i am  :daveoman@windstream.net

10-PIN B.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• AndyZ
      By AndyZ
      Operator manual #A-5274
      Wiring
      6 pages 7.31MB

Illustrated parts list link
      Use the 1970 parts list for the Raider 10 model 1-6051 and Raider 12 models 1-6251 and 1-6253 with the following exceptions
      For 1970 electric clutch use Electro 12 model 1-7255
      2 pages 282KB
      We also have the 1971 tractor parts manual that followed

1971 Raider 10 model 1-0300 - (1-0300-6) - Uses HH100-115145C with magneto ignition (Engine oil capacity 2 quarts)

1971 Raider 12 model 1-0310 - (1-0310-6) - Uses K301S-47407C with breakerless magneto ignition (This model also made in Belgium) (Engine oil capacity 2 quarts)
    • mmmmmdonuts
      By mmmmmdonuts
      My cheap-o walmart U1 battery is starting to bite the dust again (barely able to crank it over fully charged, and ozzing everywhere) after 3 years on my 68' Raider and I am looking into a new battery for winter as I now have a plow setup. I was thinking of either getting the original 22NF battery that came with it or running a mazda mita battery which is a U1 size. Is the AGM worth the extra money over the 22nF even in the smaller size? I think the vibrations keep killing the cheapo batteries and I am trying to make sure I can leave it out in the cold and not have a problem starting in the winter. It does get down to 0F or below zero every once in a while. I don't think I want to go all the way to a 22nF AGM as it is $200. 

Thoughts? 

• ohiofarmer
      By ohiofarmer
      I am picking away at the k series on the raider10. Basically the Piston blew through at the ring grooves as it appears the rings may have had too large a gap. I can feel a slight erosion of the bore where the ring gaps All lined up, but not even close to catching a finger nail.
      I am hoping just hoping out the bore will get it back to round close enough that a ring job will do .
      In any case I can measure the bore and report back. Discipline demands that I do not tear this engine down right now as too many things are taking up my time.
      Just hoping the gurus can offer a bit of guidance

• 12 hp Kohler
      By 12 hp Kohler
      Been looking at a lot or Raiders and Chargers lately and was wondering if they all have LSD? I know most of them did but I was wondering if some of the later models might have had the Uni drives instead ? 

Thanks, Robbie. 
    • DANIEL/ALEASHA
      By DANIEL/ALEASHA
      I have a 1968 Raider 10 3 speed forward with reverse and low and high range shifter 2 what kind of fluid do I put in the transmission because it is like a transmission slash rear end and also where do you find the headlight switch that pops into the dash