Herder

speedex advice

Herder

Any thoughts on a speedex S 14.  Non running Brigs, been sitting outdoors of years. It's condition is poor but it still has rear wheel weights.  4-SALE local to me.  The relation to pond is what I like.  Thanks in advance. 

wildman

Pretty  crude made machine. I love all 3 of mine, grab it while you can

• Thanks 1

Herder
13 minutes ago, wildman said:

Pretty  crude made machine. I love all 3 of mine, grab it while you can

The sellers asking 3 bills.  Seems high to me for it condition, but I don't have anything to base a value off of. 

WHX??

If the price is right get it. It's probably worth more to the hard core Speedex fans and even if it's not resorable or to leave as is ther are  parts to save others.

• Thanks 1

WHX??

Three frankies might be a bit high non running or drivable.

• Thanks 1

Herder

This is what it looks like.

00Q0Q_jOqs7wcDppA_600x450.jpg

• Like 1

ebinmaine

Adam those rear wheel weights should fetch at least $100. If you're comfortable was 200 for the rest of the tractor go for it...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Herder
Just now, ebinmaine said:

Adam those rear wheel weights should fetch at least $100. If you're comfortable was 200 for the rest of the tractor go for it...

I do like the weights. Do you happen to know what size rear wheels they used? 12, 15 16" (?)

WHX??

I would flash 150 but go as high as 200 if I was nuts for a Speedex. 6/12 on the rears. The thing is if he has it on CL long enough one of the hardcores  guys is gonna eventually see it and go the 300. Those guys make us wheelhorse wranglers look like sheep when looking to score.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine
6 minutes ago, WHX22 said:

I would flash 150 but go as high as 200 if I was nuts for a Speedex. 6/12 on the rears. The thing is if he has it on CL long enough one of the hardcores  guys is gonna eventually see it and go the 300. Those guys make us wheelhorse wranglers look like sheep when looking to score.

:text-yeahthat:

• Like 1

Herder
4 minutes ago, WHX22 said:

Thanks. I am trying to make contact with the seller, I guess we will see. If anything it will look just as good sitting in my yard!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

WHX??

The only down side I might see is it's been sitting ther for a bit and the owner may not care if it does sell. Or the guy doesn't appreciate like we do and doesn't care if it may go to a good home where a fella might do something with it. Feel him out Herder and good luck & keep us posted.

Chris G

I'd honestly say the 300 is fair. It looks restorable to me. But if not, the wheel weights if they are casted with speedex on them, like the the ones in photo. There worth 200 to 250 to a heavy collector. The tractor parted out would be worth more then 100. But I would say 3 is fair. But still shoot lower never hurts to try. Also if you look under engine on frame rail for the stamped serial number,  you can use second photo to tell you the year made.

20180605_145348.jpg

post-75926-0-25802900-1500913958.jpg

Edited by Chris G
  • Excellent 2

WHX??

Never thought about  what might be the originality of the weights Chris. Good point. Stupid question but what does the Ravenna on them mean? 

Chris G
3 hours ago, Herder said:

Do you happen to know what size rear wheels they used? 12, 15 16" (?

If there 5 bolt hubs they should be 16in rims and 4 bolt hubs should be 15in rim.

2 minutes ago, WHX22 said:

question but what does the Ravenna on them mean? 

Ravenna Ohio

• Thanks 2

roadapples

I've got a 72 S19, 16" wheels with weights. Haven't advertised it because I can't do pictures. But I'm only 14mi. from the Big Show...

Super-C 4 me

@Herder I did end up with this tractor. I'm sorry if I got it out from under you.

I didn't pay $300 , I actually went there to get a Bush Hog and ended up leaving with 3 tractors.

but I believe it is worth it, wheel weights look to be David Bradley weights.

1689938204_speedex05.jpg.03dd8744189e01e4b2e4de517c12911d.jpg

1618014244_speedex04.jpg.020f15a5d461a0f6bad6c2b69952085a.jpg

482187780_speedex01.jpg.5dd4eaba9a8e7d19ef8b7388f309299c.jpg

• Like 3

AMC RULES

:rolleyes: Dig the patina on that old girl.

• Like 1

Herder
1 hour ago, bmiller0457 said:

@Herder I did end up with this tractor. I'm sorry if I got it out from under you.

I didn't pay $300 , I actually went there to get a Bush Hog and ended up leaving with 3 tractors.

but I believe it is worth it, wheel weights look to be David Bradley weights.

1689938204_speedex05.jpg.03dd8744189e01e4b2e4de517c12911d.jpg

1618014244_speedex04.jpg.020f15a5d461a0f6bad6c2b69952085a.jpg

482187780_speedex01.jpg.5dd4eaba9a8e7d19ef8b7388f309299c.jpg

Congrats I am happy for you.  It's been awhile, I had tried to make contact with the PO and had no success so I didn't pursue it.:handgestures-thumbupright:   

• Like 1

Super-C 4 me
14 minutes ago, Herder said:

Congrats I am happy for you.  It's been awhile, I had tried to make contact with the PO and had no success so I didn't pursue it.:handgestures-thumbupright:

@Herder Thanks, He still has a lot there. He'll be gone by this time next year.

Just have to catch him at the right time, :shhh: (after dinner) :D

RandyLittrell

Thats pretty cool looking!! Looks like it all there and very restorable. Those rear wheels look bigger than 12" to me. 

Randy

Edited by RandyLittrell

Super-C 4 me
1 minute ago, RandyLittrell said:

Thats pretty cool looking!! Looks like it all there and very restorable. Those rear wheels look bigger than 12" to me. 

Randy

@RandyLittrell they are 16" rear wheels

• Like 3