TSC Lawn Roller

Ed Kennell

The TSC bandit.

See the source image

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Achto

Awesome deal Jeff!! I like the hitch up grade.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

squonk

That's a good deal but that tongue looks short to me. I could see it hitting rear wheels maybe or is it an illusion?

WVHillbilly520H
57 minutes ago, squonk said:

That's a good deal but that tongue looks short to me. I could see it hitting rear wheels maybe or is it an illusion?

Technically I didn't make it any shorter...compare pic 3 & 6... I cut the welds off the tabs not any off the drawbar then add the ball coupler.

Ed Kennell

Hey Jeff,  just a suggestion, you may want to add a piece of flat stock for a scraper .   Keeps those mud clumps from collecting on the roller.

It would also add some strength to keep the cross bar from bending in case you pull it up some of those steep sides over in the Hillbilly.   :rolleyes:

Here's mine...not a TSC. I guess it's a ELK.         :twocents-mytwocents:

P5040260.JPG.e039d22cb55edddfdfa0d26c3d36fc05.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

WVHillbilly520H

Ed, I may take your suggestion and modify it angle iron so I can easily attach it to the existing crossbars, also thinking of adding sand instead of water for ballast.

Ed Kennell

I filled mine with oil.     When I was still employed, I had to dispose of about 100 gal of oil every year.   It was used to pressurize the hydrostatic bearings in my dynamometers.

I used most of it to oil my stone road and to fill lawn rollers.      Wish I had a barrel now for chain saw bar oil.

• Like 2

WVHillbilly520H
52 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

I filled mine with oil.     When I was still employed, I had to dispose of about 100 gal of oil every year.   It was used to pressurize the hydrostatic bearings in my dynamometers.

I used most of it to oil my stone road and to fill lawn rollers.      Wish I had a barrel now for chain saw bar oil.

I have plenty of used oil, but I would hate to see the plug work it's way out and spill over the lawn...water or sand eco friendly.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

WVHillbilly520H

Was really needing to roll the frost splits and mole hills before I mow so got at it and filled the drum full of water and hitched it up the eMax, glad I did because on this hilly property and grass slick from yesterdays rain it was pushing the eMax (4wd engaged and with FEL attached) while turning and on the steepest part of the yard... I just don't know how a standard lawn and garden tractor like our horses or any other brand for that matter can handle this roller on anything other than flat lawns JMO,  @squonk here's pic of the drawbar hitched up on my eMax , I suppose it is a bit short but the drawbar on the eMax is 2 position adjustable and completely removable with just a pin.

IMAG5911.jpg

IMAG2783.jpg

• Like 1

oldredrider
16 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

on this hilly property

East Virginia hillbilly...:ROTF:

• Thanks 1

WHwest8597

Nice deal.  I'm currently in the market for a new roller.  I'm trying to decide material and size.

WVHillbilly520H
39 minutes ago, WHwest8597 said:

Nice deal.  I'm currently in the market for a new roller.  I'm trying to decide material and size.

I had/have a smaller poly one...Bluehawk from Lowe's but this one actually flattened the the ground compared to it and I'm sure if I was on a more level/flat lot I wouldn't have any trouble tugging it with the :wh:s...also I believe this steel drum will be easier to repair if needed. I rented an aerator style one last spring.

IMAG3425.jpg

IMAG4420.jpg

• Like 1