The Tuul Crib

1067 wire harness

The Tuul Crib

I’m about to wire up  my 1067. Now this 1067 originally had a 10 horse Tecumseh engine on it. Since I have added a 14 horse Kohler. It does not have a starter generator but has a stater and a starter solenoid.  I am running headlights taillights, and a cigar lighter. I have been looking on the manuals section and can’t seem to zero in on a wiring scheme for what I am doing. Anyone have a diagram that might help me out would be well appreciated !

ebinmaine

I'm thinking I'd wire it like a mid 70s C.

• Like 1

ebinmaine

Click here and poke around.

• Like 2

The Tuul Crib

I’ve been looking thru the 65 -72 manuals 

and haven’t found a match I guess I need broaden my search and do just that and look at the mid 70s C tractors. I’m also having a hard time finding a source for a five pin connector. 

9051C6BD-A2CD-431C-982B-F9E5C4CC7040.jpeg

ebinmaine
9 minutes ago, The Tool Crib said:

source for a five pin connector

Relatively sure I got one off of the fleabay.

Been at least a year since I bought it.

@953 nut... Maybe you have a link ?

Randy, there will be a schematic diagram in that link I sent to you that you could use. The one by Bob Ellison is the one I used to rewire my Patriot horse and Cinnamon horse.

The Tuul Crib
23 minutes ago, peter lena said:

tool crib,https://wheelhorsepartsandmore.com/electrical.html#!/Replacement-Switch-Pigtail/p/124032271/category=23725660, for the  cost and  and  swap this is a simple fix , use dielectric grease on your connections, for power transfer and stopping corrosion, pete

Thanx Pete!!

• Like 1

pfrederi

Be careful here.  A 1067 originally had a Kohler with battery ignition and a heavy duty ignition switch wired directly to battery and S/G.

Yours has a Techy....  Most Techies had magneto or Solid state ignitions not battery.  Also the kind of plug you are showing would mean the techy also had a solenoid between the switch and the battery and S/G.  (Those light wires would have burned up if directly hooked to battery and S/G)

Make sure you have the correct ignition switch for your Kohler.  I very much doubt you can reuse the Techy one.

The Tuul Crib
19 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

Be careful here.  A 1067 originally had a Kohler with battery ignition and a heavy duty ignition switch wired directly to battery and S/G.

Yours has a Techy....  Most Techies had magneto or Solid state ignitions not battery.  Also the kind of plug you are showing would mean the techy also had a solenoid between the switch and the battery and S/G.  (Those light wires would have burned up if directly hooked to battery and S/G)

Make sure you have the correct ignition switch for your Kohler.  I very much doubt you can reuse the Techy one.

I got rid of all the techy stuff and started

from scratch. The kohler has a stator

and a selinoid . This tractor also has a starter generator light on it on the dash so I think at one time it had a kohler with a starter generator on it.

Edited by The Tool Crib