bc.gold

My real passion - Prospecting

Jeff-C175
1 hour ago, bc.gold said:

operating at 28 MHz

Ohhhh, so THAT'S what I hear wiping out the 10 meter amateur radio band!  :ychain:  I thought it was the neighbor's 'grow lights' all this time!

• Excellent 1

bc.gold
17 minutes ago, Jeff-C175 said:

Ohhhh, so THAT'S what I hear wiping out the 10 meter amateur radio band!  :ychain:  I thought it was the neighbor's 'grow lights' all this time!

VA7ELM with honors.

• Excellent 1

bc.gold

DPF filter from a 2017 Duramax in he sonic tank, that's platinum float.

spacer.png

Edited by bc.gold

Wheel Horse 3D

Always cool stuff goin on over at @bc.golds!!!!

• Thanks 1

bc.gold
12 hours ago, bc.gold said:

DPF filter from a 2017 Duramax in he sonic tank, that's platinum float.

In the tube video above we see the platinum liberating oxygen from water,.

Last week I made some activated carbon and decided to use it to scavenge any platinum that passed through the filter paper.

The carbon did a fantastic job,the very small bits unseen to the human eye have attacked to the carbon, the reaction is instantaneous. Now i have platinum activated carbon as it reacts with the water once again we have oxygen. The oxygenated carbon floats making recovery easy.

spacer.png

• Like 1

bc.gold

With the $105.00  penny find I purchased a one inch portable gas water pump, river water with dissolved gold will get passed through this filter packed with activated carbon.

A buddy from Vancouver island sent me two liters of river water from Sooke not to far from Leachtown a well known gold producing area who's watercourse feeds into the Sooke River/ but after evaporating one liter down his water does not look near as promising as the location I discovered further north.

I made a mistake using a metal pan to evaporate the water, any gold that may have been there has certainly reacted with the metal which caused it to be cemented out. The pan had a nice shiny bottom when it first started out now it's showing some black.

Fortunately I have saved a sample for assay which will be mailed out tomorrow to a lab is Saskatchewan.

Leechtown is a ghost town on the Southern end of Vancouver Island in British Columbia, Canada. On 18 July 1864 the Leech River was named and 'payable' gold was discovered by members of the Vancouver Island Exploring Expedition (VIEE), which led to a gold rush and the establishment of Leechtown.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by bc.gold

bc.gold

The residue line looks metallic.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by bc.gold

bc.gold

Going camping bring your own water you never know what is that fresh looking stream or brook water. Elements below iron will react with cookware containing iron and discolor your cookware with its precipitate.

Aluminum cookware will react with elements below itself to precipitate those out of solution, fortunately aluminum being very reactive forms a passive layer but acidic foods easily break through this layer.

When the results of the water assay have been returned we'll know all the elements in our river water and wither its safe for domestic use.

As a youngster my father once told me to be careful in the woods what I used to wipe my butt with.

spacer.png

Edited by bc.gold

bc.gold

Interesting accumulation.

Sample is in the mail.

spacer.png

bc.gold
On 5/21/2021 at 4:45 PM, bc.gold said:

Interesting accumulation.

Sample is in the mail.

spacer.png

Assay report arrived, this river water is better to drink than most brands of bottled water.

Gold is present but at 2 parts per billion, sea water probably contains higher levels.

Edited by bc.gold

bc.gold

Silver soldered joints being prepared, burn off any oil and anneal the copper making it easier to compress into bricks.

spacer.png

bc.gold

Using an un-glazed flower pot the copper ions pass freely, within a couple of hours the copper has begun to plate over to the stainless steel cathode the silver will be left as sludge in the flower pot.

The DC power supply is running at 6 volts and the copper parting cell is pulling 10 amps, once the accumulated copper has thickened on the stainless plate it's easily peeled away as a single sheet.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by bc.gold

bc.gold

Copper deposit is fluffy because I'm running the cell at high voltage.

spacer.png

• Like 1

bc.gold

Day two the copper peeled away nicely from the stainless steel sheet and we have some sludge already forming in the cell this will be the silver I'm after.

The blue crystals in the large pan will be taken up with hot water then returned the cell, the blue is home made copper sulfate.

spacer.png

Edited by bc.gold

bc.gold

Platinum sister mud, this would make a nice black hood paint.

• Excellent 1

Wheel Horse 3D

Always loved getting a good black sand deposit in a stream and start workin it and see the color show up in the pan!

• Like 1

bc.gold

This mornings copper harvest, I'm using copper sulfate in my electrolyte could have demonstrated the same procedure copper plating via immersion but have instead borrowed a tube video from another tuber.

For successful plating the manufactures oil must be washed then rinsed before submersing.

Using this process is how they plate screws and clamps on cheap battery chargers into making the consumer think they're buying copper. Put a magnet to this cheap crap and the truth shall be revealed.

spacer.png

Edited by bc.gold

bc.gold

Sold my Petter 15kw generator and the Allis 720 along with related attachments, time to move along into the next chapter, prospecting and essential oils which have no place on this forum it's time to say adios.

Handy Don
6 hours ago, bc.gold said:

Sold my Petter 15kw generator and the Allis 720 along with related attachments, time to move along into the next chapter, prospecting and essential oils which have no place on this forum it's time to say adios.

So long and safe travels. As someone who never really grasped chemistry (barely passed it in college, whew!), I've enjoyed learning from your posts of ways it can be usefully applied!

• Thanks 1

bc.gold

Working with a larger parting cell/

Edited by bc.gold

bc.gold

First copper harvest, one side of the stainless steel cathode had a nice sheet that peeled off while the side facing the anode was fluffy.

spacer.png

• Like 1

bc.gold
Looks like I have a promising summer ahead of me.

spacer.png

Jeff-C175
1 hour ago, bc.gold said:

Looks like I have a promising summer ahead of me

Not if you eat that!

What are we looking at?

bc.gold
4 hours ago, Jeff-C175 said:

Not if you eat that!

What are we looking at?

When ya have the fever, everything looks like gold.

• Haha 1

bc.gold
7 hours ago, bc.gold said:
Looks like I have a promising summer ahead of me.

spacer.png

Tablespoon full of black sand mixed with flux, there was no visible gold to begin with. Had I added a collector metal the gold would have been scavenged by the collector.

As it is I'm impressed with the results, I have 1kg of this sample to smelt, the other sample I had received from Rod tested barren for au.

The flux I'm using is a home made recipe, Borax, Silica with some Fluorspar to make the flux more fluid.

Edited by bc.gold
  • Excellent 1