ebinmaine

How's your weather today? Spring isn't here in Maine yet. :-)

Ed Kennell

All rain and wind here as the big storm moves up the coast.   Sure glad I got my yards mowed yesterday.    It could take a while to dry out after this one.

• Like 1

Darb1964

It's snowing in Peru Ma. I planted cabbage, broccoli, my peas are just breaking through. Hope they can take the chill.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19richie66

92* here and HUMID. Luckily today is an inside job, kinda.

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

Rain,, wind, and 49 degrees here on Mothers Day.   Again, glad I took advantage of the warm dry day yesterday to mow the ranch.   More rain forecast all next week.

• Like 2

pfrederi

40 degrees 18 mph wind 3/4 inch of rain and more to come  This is mid MAY??:wacko:

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

JimmyJam
1 hour ago, Ed Kennell said:

Rain,, wind, and 49 degrees here on Mothers Day.   Again, glad I took advantage of the warm dry day yesterday to mow the ranch.   More rain forecast all next week.

Same here in Southeast Massachusetts. Had to fire up the wood-stove to take the chill and dampness out of the house today.

BTW: HAPPY MOTHER"S DAY!!! :USA:

Worked on C-111 and prepped gardens yesterday. Thank God we enjoyed our sunny 68-degree weather for one day and one day only.

Edited by JimmyJam
  • Like 2

WHGuy413

Cold and rainy here in Deerfield Mass. At this rate I will never get our veggies and pumpkins started.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

JimmyJam
24 minutes ago, WHGuy413 said:

Cold and rainy here in Deerfield Mass. At this rate I will never get our veggies and pumpkins started.

:(

Our veggies plants we started from seed in early March are still inside under grow lights. Garlic we planted outdoors in October rotted away due to dampness.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Stormin

Been a glorious sunny day here in north west UK. 14c 57f. Yesterday was the same and the forecast for the week is things to get warmer.

• Like 2

ebinmaine

Turned out to be a very nice day here in Southwest Maine.

High 50s and mostly sunny.

Funny how you folks in southern New England are dealing with rain.

Trina, her mom, our friend and I all went for a lovely train ride out  of North Conway, NH.

• Like 3

AMC RULES

Not so funny for these little guys...20190512_164153.jpg.9914cca6eebf72dafe0afd7d308e4063.jpg

dipping into the mid 30's here over the next few nights.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Herder

Cold, rainy, just plain crappy. Again. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

WHGuy413
1 hour ago, JimmyJam said:

:(

Our veggies plants we started from seed in early March are still inside under grow lights. Garlic we planted outdoors in October rotted away due to dampness.

We started some pumpkins that really need to get outside. They are starting to die out on us.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

rjg854

Mid 40's here,  got 3/4" of rain on  Friday,  50's yesterday and was able to get the lawn mowed. Today it's raining yet again, just about another 1/2" so far and its supposed to rain through tomorrow. Just one of those cold raw days.

• Like 1

Darb1964

I started the wood stove in my work shop,changed the oil and cleaned up my old wood splitter that had been sitting outside for ten years. See if my old friend will fire up tomorrow.

• Like 2

adsm08
13 minutes ago, Darb1964 said:

I started the wood stove in my work shop,changed the oil and cleaned up my old wood splitter that had been sitting outside for ten years. See if my old friend will fire up tomorrow.

Lucky. Wood is my primary heat, I am out, and I have been told by every logger in my area that if I am lucky they can get me a truck load of pole wood some time in mid to late August. I wish I had a reason to do work on a log splitter.

We had almost 1.5 inches of rain here today. Supposed to get to 45 tonight.

Edited by adsm08
  • Like 1

Darb1964

I haven't burned wood in my house in years because of my health problems.I neglected my splitter for to long and tree came down in the backyard gave me a reason to get it going. Been burning skids in my shop. I was lucky to have land to cut off when I heated with wood.I miss it.

• Like 1

ebinmaine
7 hours ago, adsm08 said:

Wood is my primary heat, I am out, 

7 hours ago, Darb1964 said:

have land to cut off when I heated with wood

We have 11 ish acres of land here.

As of last year we built a bridge over a swamp/stream so now we have tractor access to most of it.

• Like 4

ztnoo

I's been raining here for what seems like forever.

It's 45°F here right now at 6:25 am.

There has been ABSOLUTELY NO field work done by the farmers here locally.

Needless to say they are as nervous as a ho in church right now.

I'm going to try out my new purchase either today (still raining) or tomorrow.

Just have to get it mowed for second time as its way ahead of me.

60335545_1251314538378346_7404530077934813184_n.jpg.147ca9af439607dede388670091de44b.jpg

Edited by ztnoo
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 2
  • Haha 2

Ed Kennell
32 minutes ago, ztnoo said:

I's been raining here for what seems like forever.

It's 45°F here right now at 6:25 am.

There has been ABSOLUTELY NO field work done by the farmers here locally.

Needless to say they are a nervous as a ho in church right now.

I'm going to try out my new purchase either today (still raining) or tomorrow.

Just have to get it mowed for second time as its way ahead of me.

60335545_1251314538378346_7404530077934813184_n.jpg.147ca9af439607dede388670091de44b.jpg

Now that is funny.   Someone still has hope and a sense of humor.

The farmers here are doing OK.    Most of the English do no-till and their field corn is up 2-3 inches.    The Amish work the horses in the rain and most of their produce crops have been planted under plastic for 4-5 weeks.   My neighbor has removed the plastic from his earliest sweet corn and it is up over a foot. and he has sprayed and cultivated it one time.   Not sure the spraying was effective with rain every day.  During the heavy rain, they work inside the greenhouses.    Everyone could use some sunshine though.

Removing the plastic from the early sweet corn last week.

P4290377.JPG.e90bcc5924722753f219ac8ef8b8c62b.JPGP4290375.JPG.56d382a70279139043e81d46e3512d1b.JPG

• Like 3

Stormin
6 hours ago, ztnoo said:

Be grand for harvesting watercress. :thumbs:

Removing the plastic from the early sweet corn last week.

P4290377.JPG.e90bcc5924722753f219ac8ef8b8c62b.JPGP4290375.JPG.56d382a70279139043e81d46e3512d1b.JPG

That's how they start of maize over here. It's not removed though. It's biodegradable and the maize grows through it.

Edited by Stormin
  • Like 3

Stormin

Weather here today has been brilliant sunshine all day. 15C 59F. Got some new slats for a couple of benches first coat of yacht varnish. Got my bicycle and tandem out of the shed and gave them a service. Later went for a ride for the first time in two years. Just 6 miles but enough for now with my dodgy knee.

Edited by Stormin
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Ed Kennell

The latest model Image may contain: textavailable here in Pensylrainy.

• Haha 3

Stormin

Now that would harvest watercress. :laughing-rolling:

• Haha 1

Herder

Still raining.  It started some time back in August of last year and it stopped raining just long enough for it to snow!!  Now the snow is gone and it's still raining.  

• Like 1