Pullstart

HVAC and Plumbing at it’s finest

Pullstart

Hey Jim @WHX22 how da’ya like this power venter?  We’ve replaced the pilot trying to get enough millivolts to run the valve, but the draft is too weak to sustain even a pilot.  Today’s fix... a Bradford White light duty commercial electric water heater.  I’ll wire it to run non-simultaneous and we’ll never have a draft issue again.

F160B92E-198C-4D9C-9C16-A6C97578BA81.jpeg

CC02335B-1AFE-4FF1-8228-2B247044511E.jpeg

4C55CE9D-383B-4E2F-9B9E-5E0FE0442B18.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

953 nut

:scared-eek:             The unsecured 2X4 brace under the fan fits Murphy's Law perfectly!               :ychain:

Image result for murphy's law

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

peter lena

adapt and conquer, old school ,pete

• Like 2

Pullstart

Surefire KISS. Keep it simple stupid.  It’s slow to recover, but reliable.  Kinda like me lately!

5AC158F7-86E2-45F3-9B96-E851AA2A5681.jpeg

• Like 1

ericj

it never stops to amaze me at some of the things people do, was this another contractor or the home owner jerry rig

I probably would have put in a real power vented water heater, but they are expensive, the electric water heater is definitely cheaper 

eric j

• Like 1

953 nut

You may want to consider a tankless demand water heater in the future. I installed a Navien Tankless gas water heater and it saves a lot of money on gas by only running when there is a demand. The up front cost is higher, but you will never run out of hot water and the gas cost savings will pay for it during it's useful life.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart

I was helping out a friend in need.  They bought the house this way, the previous owner installed this to close the deal.  A joke if you ask me!  Power vent would have been a viable option, but this was the cheapest option available and still much more reliable than the previous unit.

• Like 2

peter lena

little grey box, installed one on my w/h to minimize the time its on. my w/h is off 16 hrs.' a day, with this separate  timer unit. once you wire it in at the main box you can set it to go on /off as needed. found it to be very economical compared to always on. just look up  LITTLE GREY BOX , there was to much on the site or I would have added it to this info. I also have Bradford white heater, wrapped in foil bubble wrap, and sitting on a leak tray just in case. pete

• Like 1

Pullstart
10 hours ago, peter lena said:

little grey box, installed one on my w/h to minimize the time its on. my w/h is off 16 hrs.' a day, with this separate  timer unit. once you wire it in at the main box you can set it to go on /off as needed. found it to be very economical compared to always on. just look up  LITTLE GREY BOX , there was to much on the site or I would have added it to this info. I also have Bradford white heater, wrapped in foil bubble wrap, and sitting on a leak tray just in case. pete

Essentially a pool control box :handgestures-thumbupright:

When I worked in the R&D lab at Bradford White, setback control testing was one ommy projects.  Ultimately, maintaining a lower Delta T is more efficient.  If your desired temperature is 130, room temperature is 68, you are heating 62 degrees.  If you lower your Delta T during off peak hours, it requires less btu’s to maintain that temperature.  This little grey box is a manual way to “lower your Delta T,” therefore increasing efficiency.