ebinmaine

First time using the mid mount grader today

PeacemakerJack

Well done Eric!  Looks like a great attachment to have handy for leveling out the drive and seems fairly quick and easy to install even when having to remove the blade first.

• Thanks 1

953 nut
2 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

I fully believe that we should all be allowed ONE TRACTOR PER IMPLEMENT,

:text-yeahthat:             Eric,    isn't it time that you bought a few more implements?             :ychain:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, 953 nut said:

:text-yeahthat:             Eric,    isn't it time that you bought a few more implements?             :ychain:

ABSOLUTELY.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Chris G

I'm glad to see the blade worked out for you. I know I love mine, use them often. 

• Excellent 1

WHNJ701

was there someone that was making these repro blades?

WHX??

I woulda thought the ground was frozen solid?? Mid mount use is a summertime sport only around here. It is amazing how well they work. Not one shovel was hurt in the making of this driveway! :lol:

20181011_173022.jpg

20181013_085702.jpg

20181013_115415.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3

bds1984
21 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Now all that said. That absolutely DOES NOT MEAN that I have any intention of swapping implements because I fully believe that we should all be allowed ONE TRACTOR PER IMPLEMENT, minimum.

:party:

That is all the justification I need for three more tractors!

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine
3 minutes ago, bds1984 said:

That is all the justification I need for three more tractors!

Agreed

ebinmaine
49 minutes ago, WHX21 said:

woulda thought the ground was frozen solid

In the sunny areas only, it was thawed for a few inches on the surface.

• Thanks 1

Sarge

I just noticed - your 1267 has a headlight opening - is that the original hood by any chance? Almost all '67 year models had a 7-slot grill and no headlight, but it seems some late model year units were shipped with the '68 headlight-equipped hoods. Just wondered...

Sarge

WHX??

If I'm not mistaken Sarge the '67 six speeds had the headlight & 6 slot.

My 1067 does but I do not know if it was a late '67 model. Might have been a late year 67 thing?

The 3 speed 67's did not nor does my 10 & 1277's autos. I guessing so WH could sell the optional HL kit??

ebinmaine
8 minutes ago, Sarge said:

I just noticed - your 1267 has a headlight opening - is that the original hood by any chance? Almost all '67 year models had a 7-slot grill and no headlight, but it seems some late model year units were shipped with the '68 headlight-equipped hoods. Just wondered...

Sarge

Sarge, I've only had it since last August so ... I have no way of knowing. Sometimes you can look at a machine of any given type and decide for yourself that it "probably might be this" or "probably might be that."

This particular machine has a 1970 model 8-speed instead of the original 6 speed, and also had the later vintage heavy duty hubs installed.

Other than the non Wheelhorse replacement generator that was in it the rest of the tractor did not appear to be altered and had a similar patina.

My guess would be that it likely is the original Hood.

• Thanks 1

Sarge

Ah, no problem. As I've found - seems the later built '67 1077 & 1277 models had the headlight opening, some were even blocked off with a metal plate, some actually had the light and a different dash panel with the switch. The second 1277 I had came with the opening in the hood and the metal plate - my early serial number 1277 I've had for the longest of all the WH models has the original 7-slot grill and no light opening, as most of the '67 models that had the hydro. I forgot the manual transmission models had the later style hood - no idea why they did that but then again in the '60s WH did some odd things to use up old inventory.

It is fun to see what the differences were and the somewhat oddballs we find out there. The history of unknown owners doing things to these tractors adds to the fun - trying to decipher what someone did in the past can be interesting, to say the least.

Sarge

• Excellent 1