ohiofarmer

A different kind of snow blower

ohiofarmer

Picture an old guy who does not want to shovel and a foot of snow with 25 MPH winds.  His Bobcat skid steer is just too far away and needs a new battery anyway,

Thinking and worrying we just conclude that sustained effort before that snow hardens to concrete is probably the only way to handle it. the trouble is, that when you plow it

And then i remember that i have the Binford of all leaf  blowers, Tim Allen would have no need to give it more power -- the biggest one that Stihl makes!. it will blow apples that fall in the yard into piles with all the power it has . I can move leaves into huge piles 4 feet tall. I figure that i can use the wind to my advantage to keep the driveway clear. I guess that we will see..

• Like 1

ebinmaine

Oh yeah!!

More power!!

We'll need video of that.

• Like 1

Mows4three

Hmmmm.    You involved the Binford name.  This must be something really profound. 

This can't be gasoline powered. I'd say diesel, but you're just too danged excited about it.   Electric would be a pain because of the umbilical cord.  Solar is just fraught full of inconveniences.  Water power is plain silly. 

I got it.   But I won't tell anyone.   This is just between me and you.

THERMONUCLEAR.   

You have a genuine Kim Jung Ilk atom-smashing snow melter.   I'm right, aren't I?

Cheers!  LOL.

Dave

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Sarge

Must be the backpack 360 series - those will indeed move some serious air, and yes, it does work at moving snow if its fluffy. I've used my BG series blower/vac several times to clear areas that I can't get to with the tractor - just watch your mixture screws with the colder weather, usually takes a little bit of adjusting to make them run full power in the cold. 

I've even used a 48" deck with double blades once when we got a super early snow and no blade was mounted that day - worked, but I wore most of what it moved.

Sarge

Edited by Sarge
grammer