The Tuul Crib

Why?

The Tuul Crib

I roll down this road every day from work and I go buy this house that has this tractor sitting outside in the yard for weeks. Although it is red it is not our brand here on red square. The reason for this post is  to say  why have a shed a few feet away and not be able to put your tractor in it. What a shame! 

IMG_5167.JPG

Edited by The Tool Crib
  • Like 1

ebinmaine

People that do this kind of thing are exactly the same ones that have a two car garage. With two cars. With them outside. Because the garage is stuffed full of crap.

:rolleyes:

• Like 4

The Tuul Crib

Sad to see things go to rot .! The world we live is what I call a disposable world.They would sooner go buy a new rather to take care of what they have or even repair!

:eusa-shifty:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

squonk
8 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

People that do this kind of thing are exactly the same ones that have a two car garage. With two cars. With them outside. Because the garage is stuffed full of crap.

:rolleyes:

My niece's garage is like that. I had to go there right before Christmas because of an electrical issue. Panel box was not only buried, We had to clear a path to even walk to it. 

• Like 1

ebinmaine
3 minutes ago, squonk said:

My niece's garage is like that. I had to go there right before Christmas because of an electrical issue. Panel box was not only buried, We had to clear a path to even walk to it. 

I can't tell you I don't understand the "keep stuff" mentality. I try not to throw away something I can use later.

But there's a limit...............

• Like 1

KC9KAS
9 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Because the garage is stuffed full of crap

Or full of garden tractors!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine
48 minutes ago, KC9KAS said:

I'm a lot more okay with that then I am okay with the range of hoarder material that I've seen in the past.:D

• Like 1

WHNJ701

I would be more embarrassed having that vw convertible in front of my house

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Achto
1 hour ago, KC9KAS said:

Ummm ,:hide:  Our pop up camper & garden tractors fills my 3 1/2 car garage. A couple of tractors (Ladies in waiting)  have to sit under a tarp out side.:(

• Sad 1

Dan693

It's a multi-generational mindset. Parents like that, Grandparents like that.....on and on

• Like 1

midpack
2 hours ago, KC9KAS said:

Orrr...  full of Mustangs... I have a 66 convertible, 66 Coupe, and a 91 "Notch" in my 3 1/2 car garage...  

My best tractors are in a shed, the rest are geared up for snow removal under tarps :)

• Heart 1

Pullstart
51 minutes ago, Dan693 said:

It's a multi-generational mindset. Parents like that, Grandparents like that.....on and on

Unfortunately I can relate.  I am not close with my father, in fact I grew up without him in my life and when we tried to re-unite in my mid 20’s it just didn’t work out.  I went to his house to pick up a saw one time before he lost the house, his entire pole barn was packed full of crap.  I then proceeded to go home and clean up and throw out for quite some time.  I still battle with not hoarding, but I’m better if you can believe it from my pictures I post!

On the other hand, I have worked quite hard to treat my tractors different and out of the weather.  My mother in-law once asked my wife why I parked those old tractors inside, why it was such a bid deal.  My Lovely Lady went to bat for me, explaining that those old tractors are tougher than nails, but need to be parked out of the weather!

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Appears to be...

IMG_5167.JPG

one of them disposable tractors anyway.  :confusion-shrug: 

:clap: Imagine it's no big loss there where it sits.  

• Like 1

ebinmaine

@pullstart

You got a good woman and you can tell her I said so

Alot of the time when people ask me a question like... Why would I want all my stuff under cover?....

I don't even bother to explain very much because I know they don't have the mindset to understand the answer.

Generally speaking if you take care of anything you have, it obviously is going to last longer on average.

We view the things that we have as long-term Equipment. These are repairable 'n maintainable not disposable.

If someone looks at the things that we are using and sees it as just an old tractor you tell them to stop asking silly questions and go to a big box store so they can buy a lawn mower. :P

• Like 3

Razorback
5 hours ago, KC9KAS said:

Yes..... but THAT is OK!

• Like 1

LengerichKA88

Only thing at our house in the weather is the mower decks that came with the tractors. And that’s not for much longer. 

Our house is cluttered (not to “Hoarders” level, by far lol), not dirty, but cluttered. We moved in with my FIL after my MIL passed, so we had to get two families worth of stuff into a one family home. That’s not easy. 

I hold onto a lot of things, coming from a very large German/Catholic farming family, we have more people in the ground than above. Being the oldest grandchild, I’ve come into a lot of things from people who’ve passed. My wife was the only grandkid for 22 years, so she’s come into a lot of things from memebers of her family that have passed.

Maybe that ones out because there’s something with more meaning to them in the shed. Maybe that’s where it was when someone got the call about a family emergency and with everything else going on it’s the last of their worries at the moment 🤷🏻‍♂️  

• Like 3

Tractorhead
8 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

I can't tell you I don't understand the "keep stuff" mentality. I try not to throw away something I can use later.

But there's a limit...............

But this is for some reason the problem for this persons.

they can mostly not realy decide, what is useful, so they collect everything.

I had a Fellow, years Ago, he collects Styropor form parts from all different sort of enclosures.

Nobody know's why, once i ask him:"why you collecting so much trash?"

He answered this was more important, because it was extreme useful Material.

At my ask what about with you Car he just means, it was just a car, if it rusts get a new one...

.. And what about the Car of you Girlfriend, he means: not my problem...

he has 4 Garages full of that crap.

i had no more words for... Honestly, just headscraping....

Edited by Tractorhead
  • Confused 1