Sign in to follow this  
jerrell

this is not rignt

jerrell

i just got a post from a very good person who i consider a good pc friend ..he has helped me and i know a lot of other people, :omg: he has quit the site and i will miss him, :drool:

this has happened to me before and i will not tolerate it any longer,

this is supposed to be a site without sarcastic comments against any person,... some of us are not as informed or learned as some others, we are here to help and assist each other,,and we ask stupid questions ,BUT i have seen some off color sarcastic comments against the person posting by some people ...and consider it very distasteful.... that is what the "preview post" is all about , is it used??? i always preview my posts to make sure i don't hurt another person feelings, or is it some people feel so superior they just use the posts to put down or make hurtful comments to hurt purposely and just type and post,,, ,if you feel so rotten about your self ....putting other people down by making stupid hurtful comments only shows what type of person you really are and other posters can easily distquinsh this major character flaw..

There are some people who feel it is OK to make a put down, sleaazy comment, or a condeming comment toward another poster, this is a tactic to make themselves feel better about themselves and boost their own ego. when they see it in writing it is a substanuation that they are superior,

this forum is growing and does not and cannot tolorate this kind of treatment toward another member or it will disolve into a one-sided commentary made by the members who think they own or control this site..

i will miss my friends who dropped from this site and feel disapointed that some have to make themselves feel better about themselves by haveing to attack or put someone else down,,this forum cannot afford to lose talented people because of one or two members who own or think they own this forum because of their position and can dictate to others/// enough said.

kj4kicks

Since you've disclosed all that, can you at least tell us who it is?

daemon2525

This is an Internet forum. Everything is not going to be to your liking.

If you have a problem with a member or post, then click on the "REPORT" button

that appears on every post.

The moderators will see that the forum rules are observed.

kpinnc

Jerrel,

I'm not 100% sure who you are speaking of, but I will tell you none of us intentionally plan to harass other members. We also try not to allow someone to get beat up too much when we find it.

Unfortunately, trying to discern whether a poster is trying to ask a serious question from whether they are serious or may actually be making a joke can be difficult.

There are some people who will always take offense to what other people say. There are personalities that just sometimes rub others the wrong way. And unfortunately, there are some who always feel they are being treated unfairly, regardless of how hard you try not to offend them.

There are always two sides to every misunderstanding. Perhaps this member you speak of could bring this to our attention (or you can PM me directly about it), and I'll try to make it right. Sometimes we can fix these things, and sometimes we can't.

Kevin

Brrly1

Think about it!!! I am absolutely sure it will come to mind,Oh wait that probably won't happen!!! Sorry

BadDad

Well I have had a board like this one for a game I play & have played since 1998. I have seen a lot of people get hurt & a lot of people leave. One thing I have noticed is: People communicate a lot by body language & with emotion in person. Now the internet doesn

kpinnc

Think about it!!! I am absolutely sure it will come to mind,Oh wait that probably won't happen!!! Sorry

Completely unnecessary John, but your opinion is noted. And thank you for proving my point. Whether you think so or not, we do try to keep things civil. As I'm sure you can understand, some people make it difficult.

Well I have had a board like this one for a game I play & have played since 1998. I have seen a lot of people get hurt & a lot of people leave. One thing I have noticed is: People communicate a lot by body language & with emotion in person. Now the internet doesn

Butch

Jerrell I got the same post. I was very surprised who it was from. I myself don't read all of the posts here so I may have missed something. Blogs and sites like this can bring out the worse in people. Many I think get an attitude and hide behind a screen name. I try and avoid the politics of these kinds of things. I don't like personal attacks unless it's all in jest. Although I'm not familiar with what he was addressing I hate to see him go. He's doing it out of principle and I can't argue with that.

Butch

Coadster32

I don't like personal attacks unless it's all in jest

I'm not sure what happened, but I see alot of Jesting around here. Mostly of what I see are personal inside type jokes, that not all will understand. I beleive that we're all here for the good of our hobbie (addiction), and not to personally harm others. If it was me who did the offending, :drool: please accept my deepest appology, but let me know what I did. Just my $.02. :omg:

Bill

Life is way to short to sweat the small stuff in a internet form. that's just my 2 cents on it all...

Brian1045

On every forum site there is always going to be a couple people who like to attack, or comment rudely, or just bully people around. There is no way to stop this. Someone else will rise up in their place after they are long gone anyhow.

You got to keep thinking to yourself...It's just words an a screen and will be forgotten about in a couple days by everyone else.

JimD

i too received the same message from the member in question. so it appears that all the bickering in the last several months has culminated in the loss of a fine member. many of you will remember the threads where i and some other members responded with what we hoped would appeal to the decency of normal adults. it appeared that things had gotten better recently and people were responding to threads with good humor, advice, and respect, but for one. i myself stopped posting for fear of being the butt of ridicule. i just didn't want to deal with it anymore, because i don't have it in me to tolerate it, and not fight back. i sit here now on the verge of joining that member, and i can imagine that ear to ear smile this brings to your face, because, you have won. to the victor go the spoils, such as they are. i'm a pretty good-sized guy, and i just put on my white t-shirt with the big RED BULLSEYE on it, so you will know where to aim those arrows you're getting ready to sling. you won't hear me whining about "people not fighting their own battles", if i started a fight with this, and i wasn't on a mission to, "save the world" either, just this forum. one final thought:

if i am remebered here, it'll not be for the boots i've licked.

"always leave em laughin"

fan :omg:

Guest fireman

I also got the message. I too have a problem with one of the persons mentioned in the message. After an incident and email last year, I now only post things here with very strict relevance to Wheel Horse Tractors as he likes to play god.

Fan, you hit the nail on the head with the ear to ear grin. I too can just picture it :omg: .

CasualObserver

Ok, guys, we all get it and this thread is beginning to take a very ugly turn.... A person is choosing to stay off the board. It's a personal decision. Whether or not they will be missed, or even if they're really gone for good is pure speculation. There doesn't need to be this bickering about whose to blame and what have you.

I'm also closing this thread. If you all choose to discuss this more, please take it off the board. I think we'll all agree the issue in general is a cancer to the health of the forum. Let's just let this go, and move back to all playing nicely again.