Adams94

1855 Massey

Adams94

Just picked this up a few weeks ago, got a 60" wheel horse rear mower to put on it.  Anybody know anything about these tractors.  Seems like a beast.  Not the best picture.

IMG_1586.JPG

• Like 4

C-101plowerpower

@tractorhogg knows about these i think

pacer

Earlier this year I stumbled up on a MF1650 with 48" mower deck and a 42" tiller. At $150 I knew the tiller was worth that. But when I got to looking the tractor over I quickly decided it was pretty dern 'beefy' and cleaned up and running it IS "Beefy!"

So back in Sept I again found a MF 1655 with 2 54" decks and since the 1650 had turned out so well I bought it! Still refurbing it but does run and again this thing is well built.... As big a fan of our horses as I am with 3 of the "Big D's" it was surprising to see another GT in the same class as them.

This is the 1650 all cleaned up....

IMG_3539.JPG.2f03ccf7768778470b976a4b69188cca.JPG

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

rjg854

A real beauty :thumbs:

• Like 2

Adams94
20 hours ago, pacer said:

Earlier this year I stumbled up on a MF1650 with 48" mower deck and a 42" tiller. At $150 I knew the tiller was worth that. But when I got to looking the tractor over I quickly decided it was pretty dern 'beefy' and cleaned up and running it IS "Beefy!"

So back in Sept I again found a MF 1655 with 2 54" decks and since the 1650 had turned out so well I bought it! Still refurbing it but does run and again this thing is well built.... As big a fan of our horses as I am with 3 of the "Big D's" it was surprising to see another GT in the same class as them.

This is the 1650 all cleaned up....

IMG_3539.JPG.2f03ccf7768778470b976a4b69188cca.JPG

A beast they are. I love my c195 and the 1855 is atleast 6 inches taller hood to hood. I was shocked

oliver2-44

@Adams94 @pacer I am told that some of the Massey’s use the same hydraulic spool valve as the WHeelhorse C series, and that it has a “float” position in it. 

If it does have “float” and you come across a manual or something that had the parts breakdown please post it on here I know of several members on here including my self that have stacked multiple valves and would like to make them have float

Thanks, Jim G

Adams94
5 hours ago, oliver2-44 said:

@Adams94 @pacer I am told that some of the Massey’s use the same hydraulic spool valve as the WHeelhorse C series, and that it has a “float” position in it. 

If it does have “float” and you come across a manual or something that had the parts breakdown please post it on here I know of several members on here including my self that have stacked multiple valves and would like to make them have float

Thanks, Jim G

I will do that, also my c195 wheel horse has float on the 3 point system