p38js

875 the first hydro

SylvanLakeWH

Lucky man...Wife and daughter like that!!!

Nice ride!

Do whatever you want with it - Yours as a gift!!! :twocents-02cents:

• Like 2

Pullstart

I would love to see some 26” tires under that thing, by the way!

953 nut
1 hour ago, p38js said:

My wife and youngest daughter bought it out from under me.  What a great surprise.  It turns out my kids actually do listen to me there is hope in this world yet.

Related image

That is sooooo Koooool!    Since they have been so involve in this :wh: I think it is fitting that they have a lot of input in the finishing touches too. You may have to point them in the correct direction with subtle hints and showing them tractors with what you are thinking of, but it will be neat to keep them involved.

As for that guy in the blue truck, what can I tell you, @pullstart has a family that needed wheels!    :ychain:

CA1E5A1D-6317-4DCC-958B-82EE015259C0.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

p38js

Pullstart that is the truck I even helped you load a couple of them and thinking to myself this is a brand new truck.  My daughter doesn’t really care what it looks like she just likes to cruise around the show.  She went through 15gallons of fuel on the GT14 that weekend.   do you think 26’s will fit I’m looking at Carlisle tru powers

• Excellent 1

953 nut
2 minutes ago, p38js said:

do you think 26’s will fit I’m looking at Carlisle tru powers

You will need to improvise a little to get them to fit, raise the fender pan and seat and be sure the new rims have enough back spacing.

• Like 2

p38js

@953nut the back spacing is the part i’m not sure about miller tire has wheels with 4.5 in back spacing already to go or a blank wheel with weld in centers.  Not sure which way to go yet.  The tractor is still on the trailer.  Waiting for room in the shop and time. 

• Like 1

953 nut

Remove one of your rims and lay a straight edge across it, measure the backspace, that is what you need. 4 1/2 sounds too deep.

ebinmaine

Most older horse wheels are closer to 1-1/2" or a little more.

AWESOME story.

Glad to see the family is in on it.

I'm almost positive a tire bigger than 24" won't fit without modifying the fender or raising it.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart
23 minutes ago, p38js said:

Pullstart that is the truck I even helped you load a couple of them and thinking to myself this is a brand new truck.  My daughter doesn’t really care what it looks like she just likes to cruise around the show.  She went through 15gallons of fuel on the GT14 that weekend.   do you think 26’s will fit I’m looking at Carlisle tru powers

It it was virtually brand new at the show, somewhere around 6,000 miles on it.  I’m pushing 24,000 now...

In case you didn’t see the “full” pictures, here is the final load, and proof they went back together!  Thanks again for the help with Rylee’s Commando!

56C7C5F1-0EC2-4822-9690-58D4A7546048.jpeg

DAE7CC27-9980-4AD7-B0C0-CE955B790CBF.jpeg

32686D10-8146-4B28-8AB0-21541EF5EBF9.jpeg

9F919F28-A294-4BB8-BD16-74077F56B2B5.jpeg

Edited by pullstart
  • Like 5
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

p38js

@pullstart that is an awesome picture and load of tractors i’m glad to see the whole family has their own ride.

@953nut looks like wheel blanks and center sections are the way to go,  that should give me that nice deep dish look

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

ebinmaine
10 minutes ago, p38js said:

nice deep dish look

Good look.

ericj

they make a 24x12x12 that should work with out modifications, and would still look tough as all get out.

eric j 

• Like 1

p38js
10 hours ago, ericj said:

they make a 24x12x12 that should work with out modifications, and would still look tough as all get out.

eric j 

@ericj I have been looking for pictures of the different sizes on a short frame and this gentleman man used 26’s and it is what got me started on 26’s.  But i’m definitely open to the 24’s,  I believe the only difference is in height if i’m reading the tire charts correctly. 

BDCA6AE4-DF7D-4514-9040-C048104A0C72.png

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

Ed Kennell
18 hours ago, p38js said:

AE48093A-9C53-4E92-B195-E2C4B412F44B.png

Hmmm, where have I seen that tractor before?

p38js

She got it up around Redding found it on Facebook 

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

That may be the one I sold on CL. 

• Like 1

p38js

If it is Ed it is in good hands.

• Like 2

p38js

Finally have sometime to start digging into this little 875. I have managed to find all the plastic bushings for the hydro control arm.  But now I’m searching for the idler pulley, link and brake spring.  Any help being pointed in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

9705BA78-F986-4FB3-B293-3261CC15FE0A.jpeg

DDAF6924-1A7F-4976-8060-F492868D901C.jpeg

oliver2-44

If you can’t find the idler pulley, you can drill out the spot welds on the existing one and replace the bearing.  Then bolt it back together with small screws and locknuts

Edited by oliver2-44

p38js

Jim, I think I found a pulley and a new bolt, and I will probably have to make a link and a spacer.  I’m going to check on the spring at the local Toro dealer and hope it is not discontinued like the link and spacer

p38js

I actually found the bolt p/n 911400 the spacer p/n 100309 bushing p/n MW2195 and the pulley p/n MW8821 from the local Toro dealer score, locally sourced 3/16” bar stock and in the process of make a new link.

installed new point condenser coil and plug. Put a new fuel pump and rebuilt the carb.  Hooked up a fuel source and a battery fired on the first couple of turns and no smoke success. 

started to rewire. And now I noticed hydraulic fluid leaking from the cam box I hope it is just “o” rings. Then I will be able to see if the hydro will work. Never ending on these old machines.

65882075-1672-484B-850D-4AD15C76A40B.jpeg

9B1204F4-4631-4A7E-B35C-8D1986295A56.jpeg

43F62FD6-1E32-4C91-B5CA-4ECE2A730BA8.jpeg

F6D2BAB9-8789-48B2-897E-617F7ECD532B.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

pfrederi

WH wasn't very forthcoming with parts listings for Wheel a Matics, the 875 manual shows nothing...I have a WheelaMatic manual also shows nothing  But by 69 they showed  the O rings...but since this and the later hydrogears are essentially the same I would suspect you need a dash #026 I use the square profile version ( Dash # 026S ) as it is easier to install and I haven't had any leaks.  The other shaft O ring  is dash #116..  If you need the O rings pm your address i will mail you a pair.  I bought in bulk from McMaster

wheel.JPG

Edited by pfrederi
  • Like 1

bellevillerod

Those 26in tires you want to run are bigger than you think. Here is a set I made up to go on a 74 roper SS16 I use to pull a 10 in moldboard plow. I had to space them out 4.5in to clear my fenders. I still had to twerk the fenders a little to get 1/4 of clearance. It is a neat look and they work great. A set of turf savers would look really good that wide on the 875. Go for it.

261.jpg

262.jpg

263.jpg

264.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1