ebinmaine

Trina's next tractor. 867. Let's get this up and running !!

dells68

The k181 on my 857 did the same thing.  I checked the valves for clearance and they were fine.  I ended up setting the timing using the static method and the mark on the flywheel.  @oldredrider Helped me do this.  Check back on my build thread about it from last year.  Ran much quieter after that!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
On 12/31/2018 at 4:33 PM, ebinmaine said:

got another ignition switch for this one. I went with a Standard part number US14. This is a direct replacement for the switch that was in the tractor even though it is not actually correct for Wheel Horse application because it actually is a 4 position switch.

As much as I love putting things back to the way that they were built, sometimes it isn't justifiable to me. This switch was nearly half the price of the Cole hersee switch

Just wanted to update this thread...

After about 2 years usage of being the go-to tractor the ignition key switch failed. 

I'll be putting in a Cole Hersee brand I had here on hand. 

Sometimes it pays to buy the better quality piece. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

JCM

Somehow I missed this thread for the last few years.     :confusion-confused:        :thumbs:      :handgestures-thumbup:

• Thanks 2

DennisThornton
13 minutes ago, JCM said:

Somehow I missed this thread for the last few years.     :confusion-confused:        :thumbs:      :handgestures-thumbup:

Me too...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pullstart
On 2/28/2021 at 6:54 PM, JCM said:

On 2/28/2021 at 7:07 PM, DennisThornton said:

Me too...

On 2/28/2021 at 6:41 PM, ebinmaine said:

ME THREE!

:D  EB if you ever get curious and have some time, I’ve uncrimped the swedge on the back side of the switches and taken them apart to see what went wrong.  A quick cleanup and regrease job was enough to get it back going...

ebinmaine
9 minutes ago, pullstart said:

:D  EB if you ever get curious and have some time, I’ve uncrimped the swedge on the back side of the switches and taken them apart to see what went wrong.  A quick cleanup and regrease job was enough to get it back going...

I thought about doing that with one other switch but it turned out it had a loose terminal that was partially burnt.

The switch that was in this 867 was not only not original but it was the light duty style that isn't even designed for high current loads.

Another one of the many instances we've all seen about incorrect PO repairs and modifications. 

ebinmaine
11 minutes ago, pullstart said:
  On 2/28/2021 at 6:41 PM, ebinmaine said:

ME THREE!

That's funny right there

• Thanks 1