WHX??

Prayers for Wheelhorseman & Family

wheelhorseman

I went and cleaned out a few things left in the car. I must say God was truly watching over him.The tow truck driver said that he has been doing this for over 20 years and said he cannot believe he survived the crash.    All I can say is thank God he did!!! 

Here are a few more pictures and keep in mind Scott was sitting on the passenger side.

B7EDD84D-04CE-4E41-8949-58CAC51D8E81.jpeg

60725D99-568C-4FA9-B8EC-2B04637482A2.jpeg

4762696F-16EF-406F-80CD-24EC43F9C7C3.jpeg

DD1DF709-0E9D-4D18-B7D9-1922F5F16B14.jpeg

31A4D387-B8D4-47E3-BA3D-58703A9B1AB2.jpeg

Edited by wheelhorseman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 8

AMC RULES

Looks like he was in the hot seat...

what injuries did he suffer?  :scratchead:

PeacemakerJack
3 hours ago, wheelhorseman said:

Just a little update on our other son Bryan...Bryan who was driving the car had no physical injuries but he has the emotional injury of being the driver.  We ask for prayers for him as well and the continued prayers for Scottie and our family!

Lowell, thank you for the updates. We as a family are praying for Scottie, Bryan and the rest of your family. Tonight we have a teen Christmas party at our church...Scottie and Bryan’s names will be on the wall for prayer.  Please encourage Bryan for me.  I had an instance early in my career as a framing contractor that could’ve taken the life of my dad.  We were trying to raise a garage wall that was too heavy for the manpower that we had.  I was only about 25 years old at the time and dad was around 50.  Long story short, we got the wall to a point and couldn’t lift it any further, then it came back down. The three of us made it safely out but dad who was there to help got crushed underneath.  It tore up his ankle really bad. Lots of soft tissue damage and broken bones.  I remember how bad I felt at the hospital and in the upcoming weeks.  My grandfather was there and he spoke some words of wisdom to me, “Son, you need to stop beating yourself up.  This life is dangerous and unfortunately accidents happen.  If there were wrong decisions that you made which caused this accident, learn from it and plot a different course of action next time.  There will be times where accidents happen that are really no one’s fault but you have to keep putting one foot in front of the other and forging on.  God protected your dad from it being any worse, be thankful for that. The best thing you can do for your dad now is to pray for his healing, handle any of his physical responsibilities you can, and know that he still loves you very much.”  

I can’t tell you how much that encouraged me and challenged me at a point when I really needed it. I hope that it will be an encouragement to Bryan.

In spite of his injuries listed in your first post, God’s hand of protection was definitely on Scottie.  Makes me think of the verse...

“For the Lord God is a sun and shield: the Lord will give grace...”

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 3

Chris G

Wow,  Thank god he is alright and sounds like he's making progress. I pray he continues in a positive direction of recovery. Also I pray the burden your other boy is feeling will be lifted as well. Sometimes the survivors guilt i believe they call it, can weigh heavier then physical injuries. But you are all I'm my families prayers and thoughts.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

jebbear

Sorry I'm a little late with this post, but wanted to convey my prayers and best wishes for a speed recovery for both boys. May God strengthen and comfort all of your family in this time of need.

• Thanks 1

ztnoo

Lowell, my thoughts and prayers are with your family for steady improvement and a good outcomes, for both your boys.

Regards from Hoosierland,

Steve Koontz

• Thanks 1

Machineguy

Scary!! Best wishes to all involved! 

• Thanks 1

rmaynard
2 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

Looks like he was in the hot seat...

what injuries did he suffer?  :scratchead:

Craig,

His injuries are chronicled on the first page. 

AMC RULES

:text-imsorry: Obviously, I missed that post. 

Pullstart

Lowell and Joette, my family and I have been traveling since Thursday.  I pray for the best for Bryan, Scottie and the rest of the fam! 

• Haha 1

dells68

Lowell and Joette, both you and your boys are in my prayers.  I had a ball cutting up with your kids at the show this last summer.  I’m pretty sure it was Scottie that I kept picking with when he would ask “Are you sure you don’t want another rug?”  He was a hoot to talk with!  I wish both of your boys a speedy recovery and the peace and true spirit of Christmas for your family.  Like so many here, you are simply part of our extended family.  Love you guys!

-Dell

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WHX??
9 hours ago, 82Caddy said:

I'm sorry to hear about this but glad to hear things seem to be on the mend.  

I live in Rochester so if you need anything (hot shower, home cooked meal etc) feel free to reach out.  I'm only a few minutes (8-10 depending on lights and traffic) from the hospital.

Real nice of you to offer Caddy and please take him up on his offer Lowell if the roads get nasty. I'm sure you and Missus will be spending some time in Rochester. The good news to all is the medical facilities ther are considered to be one of the best in the Midwest.

Edited by WHX21
  • Like 2

DennisThornton

Oh my goodness!!  

That brings back some bad memories!  And mine weren't hurt as badly as yours...  What a horrible thing to happen! 

I certainly hope all goes as well as it can! 

• Thanks 1

Machineguy

What an awesome group of people you are! The outpouring of support here is something special. I don’t know the people involved in this personally and nor do many yet, they share words of encouragement. Great to know there’s still people that care and I thank you for being those people. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Tractorhead

My Prayers would be are bit stronger and deeper, because i survived same Crash.

Only diff was, the Impact was on Driver side and i was the Driver. Physican injuries was not the stronges Problem after.

Movie running again in my head, i wanna forget, but i can't.

Especially while see those Pics, memory refreshes in fract. seconds.

Not a nice memory , because of this experience i pray for Scotty, but even for Bryan.

Scotty has it's massive injuries, but Bryan has maybe same invisibe injuries, 

based on the experience i made, wich nobody shall made anytime in Life.

Trust me, i know where i talking about, 27 Years i took my ghost deep inside me and nobody can help me, loosing that till now.

It was allways painful to me, see such a crash, my memory starts some weired things and strong Pain comes up.

Thats the reason i Pray for both an find it's necessary to help also Bryan, even if you don't see any injuries on body,

I'll be close to both in my mind, 

pray for them and send get well Wishes and positive Prayers to both, Scotty and Bryan.

Amen

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Sarge

Cards on the way, Lowell. Glad to hear he's being taken care of in Rochester - those folks don't mess around and are certainly some of the best on the planet. 

Do both boys have any special, off-the-wall interests that can motivate them in a positive direction? Hobbies, interests, things they like?

Small stuff pays big dividends in the end when recovering - that period when you're stuck either at home or in a hospital creates boredom that can do damage. Giving them both something else to focus upon and enjoy would be a big help. When I got hurt at work there was a long period between surgeries and therapy where I was stuck at home and really couldn't do much more than sit - it drove me nuts. It got so bad at times I sat outside in a lawn chair with my legs propped up on a bucket and watched the world go by, or spent some time feeding flies to a spider by the back door. For a highly active person to be stuck with restrictions to movement, it is hard on a person's soul. Just an idea to help with the long road to recovery - the long-term effects of that alone can change a person quite a lot.

Sarge

• Like 2

Razorback

Lowell and Joette,

I am a relative newcomer to this community, as I just got my first Wheel Horse a couple of months ago. I continue to be impressed with the sense of "family" here..... pretty awesome. Nice to see a LOT of fellow, serious believers here!

My wife and I are praying for your family. I continue to read your updates to my wife..... she has also noticed that this is not just another tractor forum!

Five years ago, we drove through Medford on I-35 on our way to Hancock, MI to pick up our 1987 Avion travel trailer. Wish we would have known you then! We are currently enjoying our last camping trip of the year in Branson, MO. So, as we are goofing off and enjoying the beautiful sights at Silver Dollar City, you and your family will be constantly be on our minds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Daron1965

You are in my families prayers.  We pray for a healthy and speedy recovery for all involved.  May God continue to heal all, both physical and emotional.  

• Thanks 1

Tractorhead

@wheelhorseman

glad to hear, scottie is so far up and responsible. Best wishes and Prayers again for a quick healin.

I feel with him, so i sending painfree sleep for a quick convalescent.

But please also take care and an eye about Bryan, even if it looks - he's just guilty but everything shall be fine.

Trust me, the happen in himself will still do its work and he maybe cannot grasp now, what's happen inside.

I cannot put in words, what i have feelin, but it seems to be a protection issue of mankind that we try to repress such issues inside. 

It cannot be repressed, not along time. It grows still inside you, then you got your own ghost. 

You cannot imagine, what such an impression will done with you along the time.

I will pray also for Bryan, that he can get his freedom in mind and prevent his own Ghost like i have.

To all of you and your supporter, my prayers will gone, in this hardly Time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WHX??

Wow that is really good news Lowell... Cindy, being the medical person she is, thought he might be in the for many more weeks! This is really good news!

A few good things coming his way but don't let him in on our surprises... :) Thanks for keeping us updated but now we will expect you to do so untill he is playing soccer or piloting a tractor again!

20170826_124457.jpg

Edited by WHX21
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Chris G

AWESOME!!! Glad to hear he's making good progress and my prayers will continue for your family. I hope all continues to go well and the blessing continue to keep coming to your boys and the whole family.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1