KC9KAS

ARK 550 Bucket

KC9KAS

I have an ARK 550 front end loader for my D-200.

I have never installed it as the tractor front end needs repair, as well as the loader frame & bucket.

I have read on Red Square that the buckets do not curl back enough when you are loading it, causing material to spill out of the bucket.

I know some have made modifications to the bucket and/or pivot points.

I have search hundreds of "loader" posts but did not find any of these modifications and was wondering if someone here remembers someone that has made this bucket mod or remembers the thread about the mod.

Thanks in advance.

953 nut
9 hours ago, KC9KAS said:

buckets do not curl back enough when you are loading it, causing material to spill out of the bucket.

I have found that lifting the load up solves that problem.

• Like 1

KC9KAS
12 hours ago, 953 nut said:

That really doesn't seem like an issue to me....

Once the bucket is full, you would raise it and transport to another location to dump the load....DUH

JoeM

I have a couple loaders and it is a pain with the bucket in the low position. The one machine I modified by welding tabs with new pin holes at the lower pivot point. This moved the bottom of the bucket two more inches forward and greatly enhancing the tilt while in the low position. Only trade off is the bucket will not tilt and dump as well in the raised position. My machine had plenty of dump tilt when raised and was not a problem.

FEL Bucket Tilt More Mod 2.jpg

Edited by OILUJ52

953 nut

I guess you could fabricate a clamshell that can be lowered at the front of the bucket.

Image result for clamshell loader bucket

wallfish
10 hours ago, KC9KAS said:
23 hours ago, 953 nut said:

That really doesn't seem like an issue to me....

Once the bucket is full, you would raise it and transport to another location to dump the load....DUH

Think what Dick is say'n is to load the bucket, then raise it so the majority of the material moves to the rear of the bucket, then lower it back down to travel. At least that's what works for me.

You do not want to travel with the bucket raised and even more so when it's full. Once you do it you'll see why as there's a clear danger of tipping over.

Although adding a couple/few inches to the fulcrum point on the bottom of the bucket is a good idea.

• Excellent 1

953 nut
36 minutes ago, wallfish said:

You do not want to travel with the bucket raised and even more so when it's full. Once you do it you'll see why as there's a clear danger of tipping over.

Image result for amen brother

KC9KAS

@953 nut @wallfish @OILUJ52

I had mentioned that the bucket needed work. My thought was....If the bucket needed rebuilt, maybe there was something that could be changed with the bucket dimensions or design to make it more desirable.

• Like 1

953 nut

If the bottom were deeper that could improve the volume that you can carry. However, that would reduce the ground clearance when you  dump a load into a truck or trailer.

• Thanks 1

wallfish

Personally I'd prefer a few more inches of tilting back to hold the load better and sacrifice some tilt down. It doesn't necessarily need to tilt all the way down to vertical to dump.

Adding a couple or few more inches to the bottom pivot point like @OILUJ52 's pic shows is a good idea

• Thanks 1

JoeM

KC here is a bucket design I used on my son's machine. It works pretty good. Only change was in the back , lower corner, added a three inch strip. Maybe something to start with?

1708708639_WH48inchangledbucket1.JPG.16f02bdca34ed2ffeb80b1fb3c9b4cba.JPG