Cetan08

local tractor clubs

Cetan08

Not sure if this is the place to post this but here goes. Every year in the county that I live in they have what they call a Fall foilage tour. Sometimes the leaves cooperate but the real reason for it is to get folks out for a good time and to learn about businesses and activities in the area that they otherwise wouldn't of known existed. Of course there is always a lunch stop and we always get to meet the most wonderful people. This event is held in different parts of the county each year giving everyone a chance to display what they offer. Now to the point as to why I posted this in a tractor site.
Turns out that the first stop on the tour was at a farm displaying antique farming equipment provided by the local antique power equipment club. They had a 1955 John Deere crawler, a corn shucker made from the engine of an antique combine and numerous other tractors demonstrating their plowing capabilities. I did not see any Gt's so I enquired as to why not. I was promptly informed that they had no members that owned any but would love to have because the children were always attracted to them.
Needless to say that when my wife and I told them that we had several and would love to help out, the club President signed us up and we became members on the spot. We are looking forward to participating in the outings but most of all, putting smiles on the faces of children along with hopefully building a new generation of GT enthusiast.
You just never know what opportunities are out there.

• Like 7
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

520hC-120

Sounds nice. Hope the tractors do well!

ebinmaine
10 minutes ago, Cetan08 said:

You just never know what opportunities are out there.

We ended up doing something similar here in Maine. Also kind of by accident.

I've been going to the Owls Head transportation museum Truck and Tractor Show for 3 or 4 years in a row now.

Originally it was for the full-size trucks. My father was a driver. I'm a driver. Been around them my whole life. I love trucks. No Way Around It. My blood is probably made out of slightly red tinted Diesel.

Then Along Came the Wheelhorses.

So this year we wanted to bring one or two tractors and I called the museum and one of the executive level people there took the time to call me back.

He was actually - excited - that I was going to bring a garden tractor because they've been wanting them there for years and get very little tractor showing of any size at that event.

As it turns out anybody who brings a vehicle of any kind to a display at Owls Head gets in for free.

Pretty cool stuff.

• Like 4
  • Excellent 3
  • Thanks 1

Cetan08

Know what you mean.  Drove Autocars in the oilfield years ago. Told the wife the other day that diesel smoke to me is like top of the line perfume to a woman. LOL

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Achto
54 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

My blood is probably made out of slightly red tinted Diesel.

Carful Eric, red diesel is for off road use only.:D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, Cetan08 said:

Know what you mean.  Drove Autocars in the oilfield years ago. Told the wife the other day that diesel smoke to me is like top of the line perfume to a woman. LOL

Facts is facts...

Sometimes I think women try to smell good for each other, not men.

I have never one single time seen a bottle that was marked:

Ode De Gear Oil

Or Chanel Number 10 W 30.

1 hour ago, Achto said:

Carful Eric, red diesel is for off road use only.:D 

True enough Dan. I'll make sure I keep that stuff in the forklift.

:lol:

• Haha 5

WVHillbilly520H
8 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Facts is facts...

Sometimes I think women try to smell good for each other, not men.

I have never one single time seen a bottle that was marked:

Ode De Gear Oil

Or Chanel Number 10 W 30.

:lol:

Eric IDK. :confusion-confused:...hhhmmmm...:ROTF:

Screenshot_20181022-075805.png

• Haha 4

JAinVA

Eric, 

Are you familiar with the American Truck Historical Society? I have been a member for 30 years and have every issue of Wheels of Time they have ever sent me.Great organization.

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, JAinVA said:

Eric, 

Are you familiar with the American Truck Historical Society? I have been a member for 30 years and have every issue of Wheels of Time they have ever sent me.Great organization.

I've heard of them and I've seen their posters and such at the Owls Head truck show.

I'll have to look into that membership and magazine.

• Like 1

Cetan08

This is interesting. Last summer my wife and I went to a truck show. I never knew that such a thing existed but it had everything from pickups to full size rigs and covered just about every year. We had a blast.

• Like 3

Mows4three

Nothing like the smell of Kroil in the morning.   Makes my heart race....

Cheers!

Dave

• Haha 4