Bravehart450

1976 D-250 cap and rotor help

Bravehart450

Hello everyone I’m new here but always have turned here for answers on the web public forums.. I have a 1976 D-250 I just acquired and I got it running decent however I ordered what I thought was the correct cap and rotor cap#ep176 and rotor#ep173 and they were both wrong and cap was about 1/4” too large in diameter.. can anyone help me find the correct part numbers and where to order from? Any info would be grateful appraciated thanks 

• Thanks 1

953 nut

:WRS:

The engine in the D-250 is from a Renault Dauphine and NAPA or any European auto parts supplier should be able to get them for you.

I bet :techie-ebay:has sellers who could fix you up too.

• Thanks 1

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

squonk

Good luck. Best to get a distributor number if you can. Another way is to take the cap & rotor off and go to a Napa that has someone working there over 40 yrs. old that still has an Echlin picture book laying under the counter collecting dust. That may be the only way. Renault is a french word for "Continental" As in you might have to search all of the continents! 

Can you post pics of them here? 

• Like 1

squonk

Do these look like what you need? 

cap.jpg.79e13cdb08a2f71a7d4105b9fdfd789a.jpg

NWMTMB.jpg.2cf9715b0215fa859f111ef031fe02c5.jpg

squonk

Got these #'s by looking back a ways. Don't know if they will fit your tractor. Pay close attention to the inside of the cap edge where it would fit on the distributor and the inside of the rotor where it would press onto the shaft.  Take a look at these pics:

Napa EP 163 Cap ;

1419917658_cr006.JPG.0cf14787507ba120715308a5a862e3a3.JPG

299292216_cr005.JPG.ea7081aacd9282098c7285faf345d538.JPG

EP 173 rotor:

1876861765_cr008.JPG.22a53632e74349cee28d59870a08a2cd.JPG

1342104119_cr007.JPG.a32b254a2991e127426610ed9ee45d36.JPG

• Excellent 1

roadapples

@squonk  did you take your books with you when you left. I worked there before computers when they covered about seven feet of counter space...

• Like 2

squonk
24 minutes ago, roadapples said:

@squonk  did you take your books with you when you left. I worked there before computers when they covered about seven feet of counter space...

Not to get off topic but when I worked there we still had books but the computer system was in it's infancy. I started there in 94. We still got new catalogs on occasion so I saved everything and took some of them home. I still have an Echlin truck and industrial book and Echlin Parts Illustration catalog but my unit part book seems to be missing. I know the new system they have at the store is pretty nice but they hired a bunch of flunkys who are there most weekends so not a lot of knowledge left. I have Napa Prolink so I could see the 2 parts I Illustrated were in stock here so I went there and took the pictures. I told the kid what I wanted them for and he insisted on trying to look them up. I told him you won't even find a listing for the tractor. 

• Like 2

953 nut
11 hours ago, Bravehart450 said:

Any info would be grateful appraciated thanks 

Please pass along any part numbers you find that are correct and ask our moderators to pin them to the Engine Tutorials on here so others will be able to benefit from your search.                 :thanks:         You could also PM them to @squonk or @953 nut and we could do the part number post for you.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

squonk

@Bravehart450 look at this link and see if these look like yours. I cannot match this cap pictured. Closest rotor I can come up with are EP 172 and EP174

Edited by squonk
  • Like 1