oliver2-44

“Lifted” Tub Cart

oliver2-44

Not many  WH Tub Carts around Texas, so when this modified one showed up on the Dallas C-List For $50 I decided to go for it  one of our N Texas members was kind enough to pick it up and hold if for me until zip had a trip that direction  09485232-2B9F-4578-A526-AC3B8814D017.jpeg.2159f0fb83f40b2351fa919871f9a9dc.jpeg

It needs new tires.  The rims are solid and may actually be the correct offset for a Suburban.  The lifted modification is well done  But it could be put back to original with a little grinding and welding 

C45D287D-29A3-4893-A8E5-6E917F17AAE6.jpeg.d72cc8503bc10efcecce1471450a2d7d.jpeg87D39BA4-4CA4-4AFF-B18A-27081EE578E7.jpeg.feedde9287cd1c2f7a71603da4a582bc.jpeg

the carts rear lip area area was bent and the tap under the center of the lip was used to reinforce it. I would appreciate a picture of how this rear tab under the lip originally lookeB09ED91D-6B34-4934-A7B1-3A3EA2B750DB.jpeg.394cde807dd92b44be2255ae8be314eb.jpeg0B5DDA75-FDF4-4B02-B465-3181DFDD29EC.jpeg.91b2e9a943c89944ec3be81cf44b6619.jpeg

I’m in the fence on weather I will keep it in its unique “Lifted” construction or return it to original.  

What would y’all do????

• Like 4

Mike'sHorseBarn

I'd clean up some of those edges and leave it lifted. Looks awesome and you are right, it was pretty well done!

Mike

• Like 2

WHX??

Thats a nice score for the price. Return it to orginal but leave the patina alone. That rear is supposed to look like that except not bent and no tab. This bend is common and rare not to see it.Comes from dropping the rear and then backing up to unload which is was meant to do. Just not heavy enough steel back ther.

Edited by WHX20

roadapples

I like it the way it is...

• Like 1

953 nut
6 hours ago, oliver2-44 said:

It needs new tires.

:text-coolphotos:                Those tires and wheels appear to be factory originals. If you don't want them save them for someone who could use them on a restoration.

AMC RULES

Those lifted trailers definitely have their place...

depending on the job at hand, can be a real back saver.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

IMG_7818.thumb.JPG.049e50dc2c0a235e5ea47828fe94be4b.JPG

Seems like everything else :wh:...you almost need one of each standing at the ready. 

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

oliver2-44
13 hours ago, 953 nut said:

:text-coolphotos:                Those tires and wheels appear to be factory originals. If you don't want them save them for someone who could use them on a restoration.

Yes, those rims will be going on a Suburban

WHX??
15 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

each standing at the ready

True true ... ok leave as is since it's been messed with already. Would make it easier to dump anyway. I have two :wh: tubs and a big box cheapy that takes the abusive work. Seems like they are always in use so you can't have too many. Wheel barrow tires work good if you need to save those rims. The wide  burb rims are kinda getting hard to find. 

• Like 1