BMW1

D Series Replacement Gauges

BMW1

What brand of gauges are D series owners using for replacements?

I would like a matched set for a D200(oil pressure, transmission temp, volts or amps) with lights.

The ones on mine are in bad shape and don't work, except amps.  I think the sending units may be bad or maybe the inside of the gauges are bad from sitting outside for so long.

Thanks.

pfrederi

I used Sunpro.  One thing, you can use mechanical or electric for Oil pressure.  For the temp you have to use electrical  There isn't room in the hydro pump head for a mechanical head.

Sarge

Paul is correct - no way in this world would a mechanical bulb fit inside that pump head, not to mention the top of them are larger which would interfere with the Sundstrand's tapped ports for the hydraulic lifts. I used a SW electric hydraulic oil temp gauge for mine since the original went totally whacky. Plan to add a matching voltmeter, oil pressure as well. Be aware, SW's newer gauges are not US made, so the quality isn't what it used to be. You can score individual old school "tombstone" needle SW gauges once in a while on eBay - but be prepared to shell out some serious money for those vintage old school US made look.

Sarge

BMW1

Thank You for the information.

bo dawg

I found a nice chrome ring volt gauge at Rual King store for mine just last night. Looks really good with the stock oil temp gauge. But they had a pressure and temp gauge there of same mfg. They looked good too. You can see pic on my post “volt meter readings”

CBC398F9-33CE-433E-88E6-C3F605D5CE6F.jpeg

Edited by bo dawg
  • Like 1