rmaynard

Calling All Electricians - ID this mystery box

WHX??
3 hours ago, squonk said:

LETS ALL GO TO BOB'S HOUSE AND TURN EVERYTHING ON!!! WHO'S GOT A BIG COMPRESSOR THEY CAN BRING!!!!!! 277109581avatar.gif.b9ff4f614f7c8ff2d3fa1b1e13bcec24.gif

Just kidding Bob stay safe! 

Ain't a bad idea Squonk... we'll let the smoke out the good leg and Bob gets all new service entrance on the power companies tab!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

rmaynard

They are installing brand new service next week. Until then it should be good for at least one batch of Mrs M's cookie bars.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

WHX??

Better idea yet Bob... burn out that good leg and high tail it to @Ed Kennell 's place for a stay ...heard tell Mrs K is a pretty fair cook! 

• Like 2

ohiofarmer

The same thing happened at my daughter's apartment in Ann Arbor. She described flickering lights and such things, so with a little coaching, she was able to use her free Harbor Freight multi meter to see 70 volts or so in part of the house and 115 elsewhere. She called the landlord and told him she ran a heavy extension cord to an outlet that tested OK to save the refrigerator.  Now he calls her his "dream tenant"

Of course, she unplugged her TV and all electronics as well.

Sarge

I'm starting to wonder if the weak leg issue we've had here for a while is the culprit to my compressor motor blowing up in spectacular fashion the other night - guess I'd better run some voltage tests again...ugh. I hate dealing with Comical Ed, getting them to fix anything is not a lot of fun.

Sarge