PeacemakerJack

Let’s Go Plowing—rolling Dirt!

WHX??

We could maybe work that field again... look for Dan's wallet?!?! :laughing-rolling:

Edited by WHX24
Speeling
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

PeacemakerJack
13 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

Agreed Jack... maybe a field around here just to get our shine on ?!?!:lol:

Ok Dan...time to insert that totally awesome super shiny pic of your Brinly from a few years ago—legendary

Achto

DSCN2485-min.JPG.60d547c87faf6fbd4af8ee2fe7a55a52.JPG

Would this be the picture that you're talking about Josh.:) On the day this picture was taken The driver of the rig below asked if I was trying to show him up. He said I was plowing deeper and leaving a better furrow than they were.:D

DSCN2482-min.JPG.95559521019187c1fd938a9a30fb3e82.JPG

32 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

We could maybe work that field again... look for Dan's wallet?!?! 

We could try but I don't think that there's a snow balls chance in Hades that we'll find it. :lol:

Edited by Achto
  • Excellent 4
  • Haha 1

PeacemakerJack

That’s the one Dan—aspiring plow dogs...when we talk of plowshare and moldboard shine...that is what we mean.  It is hard to explain how much easier dirt slides off a plow like that.  WHATEVER you do, don’t paint the face of the moldboard and share unless you are using it permanently as yard art.  Rust on those parts are very common on underused plows but a huge enemy to successful scouring of dirt off the moldboard...

NOW THAT’S A SHINE!!!

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Shynon
53 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

shine on

:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Haha 4

Greentored
9 hours ago, Achto said:

DSCN2485-min.JPG.60d547c87faf6fbd4af8ee2fe7a55a52.JPG

My God, if the sun happens to hit that just right, you're gonna set something nearby on fire!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Pullstart
10 hours ago, PeacemakerJack said:

I know Jim...once it gets in your blood...look at Kevin @pullstart 

One of these days we have to get to a serious “spring” PD.  Something more than a few passes in a short field.  It is too long to wait for October every year...good times!

10 hours ago, WHX24 said:

Agreed Jack... maybe a field around here just to get our shine on ?!?!:lol:

You guys are welcome to come over here and plow an acre or 20 👍

@Greentored these fellas are preaching gospel, best you listen up for some heavenly furrows!

I drove my girls around the pond we call Lake Michigan just to attend Uncle Jim’s plow day last year at the J&C Stables and Homestead.  We had a blast getting rained out and turning ground and will hope to attend annually just for the chance to stretch the Horses’ legs and see some good friends!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3
  • Heart 1

Razorback

It looks to me like the plough is not tracking straight behind the tractor, and that it needs to be hitched further to the right to get closer to the inside edge of the right rear tire. If it’s hitched properly and tracking straight there won’t be any unploughed ridge next to the previous furrow. I think that ridge of dirt on top of the left side of the furrow is due to the tracking.

But...... it’s better!

• Like 2

WHX??
21 hours ago, PeacemakerJack said:

I know Jim...once it gets in your blood...look at Kevin @pullstart 

Then why is he monkeyin around with hot rod customs instead of putting together a hi-test plow rig??? :ychain:

• Haha 3

WHX??
20 hours ago, Shynon said:

:handgestures-thumbupright:

Shynon you crazy mold board ....do doot doot do..:lol:

Edited by WHX24
  • Haha 3
  • Heart 1

Pullstart
28 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

Then why is he monkeyin around with hot rod customs instead of putting together a hi-test plow rig??? :ychain:

Show’s in June... I’ve got ‘till October to unveil a soil roller!

Dang.  Two in a year?  Do I have that in me?

• Haha 4

WHX??
22 minutes ago, pullstart said:

Show’s in June... I’ve got ‘till October to unveil a soil roller!

Best get real hot then... Oct rolls around 'for you know it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Shynon
23 minutes ago, pullstart said:

I’ve got ‘till October to unveil a soil roller!

You and @Rp.wh will show up late and tractor won't be ready:ychain:

• Haha 2

WHX??

Lol Tom.. Rp's tractor is going to be a "rental" this year since it's one of my harem now!

Edited by WHX24
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Shynon

@pullstart You can't build a plow tractor in a day. The Boss is gonna school you :ROTF:

20191019_123050.jpg

Edited by Shynon
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 2

Achto
34 minutes ago, pullstart said:

No prob Kevin, you just gotta focus. I have one custom paint job down this winter (not mine), just started mechanical / may be more resto on a tractor (not mine), have a Farmall H that I will be doing a top to bottom on (again not mine), & finally there is one of my tractors that I want to get done plus keep up a 40 to 58 hour work week. I've set my dead line to get all of this done for the end of June. My goal may be out there but like Yoggie once said " If you don't set goals, you'll never reach them. Or like they say in golf, if you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time.":lol:

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3

Pullstart
2 hours ago, Achto said:

No prob Kevin, you just gotta focus. I have one custom paint job down this winter (not mine), just started mechanical / may be more resto on a tractor (not mine), have a Farmall H that I will be doing a top to bottom on (again not mine), & finally there is one of my tractors that I want to get done plus keep up a 40 to 58 hour work week. I've set my dead line to get all of this done for the end of June. My goal may be out there but like Yoggie once said " If you don't set goals, you'll never reach them. Or like they say in golf, if you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time.":lol:

The golf saying we go by is “swing hard in case you hit it!”

We’ll see how far we get with a plow mule build.  There’s the C-81 “Steve” that looks like it would do aright in a furrow, but then again “Stormy” The 1056 already has the plow dog seat with arm rests... and maybe a limited slip in that 6 speed?

45D9BAEA-C5D1-4C47-B75F-752FDF648662.jpeg

3C7140F0-963E-4DE1-BDBE-5E97905EE73D.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Stormin

ARM RESTS! Good grief man. :confusion-confused:  They to stop you falling off? :hide:

• Haha 3

PeacemakerJack

If Kevin builds a plow rig with them, he picked that up from me.  I like to be comfortable while I’m plowing and I have arm rests on several of my plow rigs. I prefer the kind that tip up especially on the land side of the seat.  That way if I need to shift my weight over the fender for extra ballast on that wheel I can.  Arm rests definitely aren’t a necessity, I just had them on one of my first plow rigs and got used to them.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

C-101plowerpower
6 hours ago, Stormin said:

ARM RESTS! Good grief man. :confusion-confused:  They to stop you falling off? :hide:

hey i've got armrests, i use em to hold on to when its trying to buck me off:lol:

also im feeling the ploughing itch again, might enter some competitions again this year

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Greentored

Damn, this NC clay/dirt mixture packs down like concrete!  Have any of you ever had to turn a garden more than once?  I got the plow dialed in pretty good, then disc'd it a couple weeks after, planted potatoes, and a week later when I went to disc whats left again, that sucker is only cutting an inch or so- with plenty of weight on it. The frickin brush drag I built wouldnt even churn it up with a pair of concrete blocks strapped to it! I plan to plant this weekend, and am thinking I may turn the whole garden again, then disc and plant while its fresh.

Anyone else have issues like this?

......I mean, not that you have to twist my arm that hard.  I gotta hook the plow up again? Please no.......:lol::lol:

WVHillbilly520H

@Greentored you need you one of these "all in one :wh: garden tool"... And a tiller.

IMAG4773.jpg

IMAG4779.jpg

IMAG4778.jpg

IMAG4776.jpg

IMAG3046.jpg.fd8fbd40bd6a2100337970501abb0045.jpg

IMAG3050.jpg.aa38850c16e6659a11ae768beffa874f.jpg

IMAG3049.jpg.1ddffe89d4df6ff7773fb3e29c37358a.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Stormin

After ploughing/plowing and going over with the disc's, the ground can still be lumpy. It's a good idea to rotorvate, if you have a rotovator.

• Like 1

Greentored

Yep, I see a tiller attachment in the future for sure. We've had a lot of rain, definitely made the plowing a little tough but it is time to get some stuff in the ground so it had to be done. It disc'd up pretty good considering, certainly much easier when its a fresh turn.

On a good note, you guys were a GREAT help getting this plow dialed in, but I was still having issues with depth and a clean cut. I found that when crossing ANY slight 'raise' in the ground, the chain from the rock shaft was still going into a bind and would lift the plow out of the dirt, even though I had slack when dialing in on blocks. I also noticed the plow 'tilting' back and raising the landslide 3-4" when digging in- I was not snugging up the jamb nut on the adjustment, allowing the adjuster to slide back n forth.

That ol girl digs and snorts now ill tell ya!

Taters, carrots, onions, beets and peas are in! Beans, squash, cukes and peppers next month.

whd.jpeg

whc.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

19richie66

Can’t wait to get a garden going of my own.