ebinmaine

It's Labor Day. What's everyone doing?

ebinmaine

Just curious what you folks are up to...

• Like 1

stevebo

Beating the heat by heading out on the boat. :greetings-clappingyellow:

• Like 2

SylvanLakeWH

Volunteer clean up day at a local church getting ready for big event next weekend.

Putting the "LABOR" in Labor Day!!!

:chores-mowlawn:     :tools-hammer:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

RandyLittrell

Waiting for my Son to come over, we are going to buy some lumber and build a new bed today. I just bought a pocket hole setup by Kreg and dieing to put it to work!

Randy

• Like 5

Sarge

I'm a Laborer, Local #393 out of Marseilles, Illinois - used to be in Local #287 out of Spring Valley until a forced merger by the International. I have no real holidays here - yes, days off work, but that means just more other work to get done elsewhere. Got off work at 16:00 Friday - spent the rest of the evening working on the kid's house installing a new steel roof. 

Today - working at home, as always - got at least a 12hr day ahead rain or shine. I've literally had one vacation in my life - spent 4 days at an offroad park destroying my truck, helping others and in the evenings turning wrenches. If that's what vacations are like - no thanks. An old friend always said - "rest when you die", guess I took that to heart, lol. 

Btw - to the other Trades -

It's Labor Day, brought to you by the Labor Union, not the Operators/Carpenters/Fitters/Boilermakers/Millwrights/ect....get your butt to work!!!

Sarge

• Like 4

Racinbob

No problem getting my butt to work. Like most every day since we bought this place I'm in the middle of a major remodel. Demo 95% done and will be building some walls today. Getting close to a complete tear out of all the old plumbing in the original half of the house and all new piping. My wife is a bit nervous about that. Could it be because I'm a retired...…...electrician? :wacko:

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

squonk

Heat advisory here. If the schools AC or coolers go down, no one's there including me. :)

Going to finish up the cellar doors I put on last week and shampoo the truck seats and carpet before it gets too hot. After that ,sit in front of the Fedders! :occasion-xmas:

Edited by squonk
  • Like 4

pfrederi

Have still more mowing to do...The grass has never stopped this year.  Also will spend most of the day dodging mosquitoes.  Had almost none all summer until about a week ago now they are the worst i have ever seen here. Flooding around here a couple weeks ago started it I guess.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

953 nut
27 minutes ago, Racinbob said:

complete tear out of all the old plumbing

I too am a retired electrician, but plumbing has always been a side line for me. Are you replacing it with PEX? I was old school copper all the way until I started doing plumbing for Habitat for Humanities as a volunteer and began using PEX, that changed my mind immediately.

• Like 5

squonk
40 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

I too am a retired electrician, but plumbing has always been a side line for me. Are you replacing it with PEX? I was old school copper all the way until I started doing plumbing for Habitat for Humanities as a volunteer and began using PEX, that changed my mind immediately.

As long as you get everything crimped! :)

We got called to a school last Tues. They were getting new walk-ins and the refer guy didn't show up. Food was coming the next day so there we were 6:30 at night doing startups. Well the refer guy was using Zoomlock fittings on the refer lines instead of brazing. It's a crimp connection on copper a lot like a hyd. hose would have. Well the refer guy forgot to crimp a connection in the basement ceiling. They don't call it ZOOM lock for nothing! :o:o:occasion-xmas:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

squonk
49 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

Recovering today from our being first in line at Bethel Woods last night.  :music-rockout:

15359199180094216289583871216339.jpg.d8156f446774c9c6300fbacb7088f930.jpg.07f6837cbf81c6368870e93713af264b.jpg

20180725_211116.jpg.d1a3365886f08c5a1890107b712fdb50.jpg

Did you keep track on how many people passed out before the show and compared it to how many passed out during ? :lol::occasion-xmas:

• Haha 3

Lane Ranger

Worked on the B100 automatic motor today. I changed the battery (old one 2012 and dead) , the solenoid, coil and condenser.  My neighbor sold this tractor back tome for $60 ( he would not take the more I offered) after a newer bad hydro was installed.  I have the original hydro he had in this tractor ready to install again.  It had a bad needle bearing (busted out an bottom of transaxle) that I replaced two weeks ago.  

My my first time working on a hydro.  Heavy things they are!  Cleanest and most complete gears I ever saw I. The traxaxle on a WheelHorse!

When I get two more guys over here some day I will install the revived old hydro!  I think it will take two jacks and three guys to install!  That is my Labor Day and finished motor work before 1$0:30 am!

C37D225D-24D1-477F-9CC9-682B262D0D85.jpeg

4B8B511C-A66D-41AE-BEFA-C444B6B40C08.jpeg

6352CCCF-339E-44FA-8E8E-05E659976123.jpeg

0EA4D2F1-B924-460B-AE5A-4183C8925DE4.jpeg

BFEA4630-2982-4C34-89BA-277EA7FB7AB4.jpeg

A081C3C7-BA9C-42BE-8B5C-A1677A659120.jpeg

5E9F2A04-2695-4A22-BFB0-93A9E3252199.jpeg

885ECD46-4180-4711-B9D4-82082EA80B81.jpeg

384BFBA6-9604-4A5C-96E7-70F9AE302EBD.jpeg

58B674B1-B942-4A1D-97C4-A4502D079849.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Excellent 2

squonk
38 minutes ago, Lane Ranger said:

Worked on the B100 automatic motor today. I changed the battery (old one 2012 and dead) , the solenoid, coil and condenser.  My neighbor sold this tractor back tome for $60 ( he would not take the more I offered) after a newer bad hydro was installed.  I have the original hydro he had in this tractor ready to install again.  It had a bad needle bearing (busted out an bottom of transaxle) that I replaced two weeks ago.  

My my first time working on a hydro.  Heavy things they are!  Cleanest and most complete gears I ever saw I. The traxaxle on a WheelHorse!

When I get two more guys over here some day I will install the revived old hydro!  I think it will take two jacks and three guys to install!  That is my Labor Day and finished motor work before 1$0:30 am!

One of these along with some long studs make quick work installing a WH Tranny. Plus they are handy for working on decks and all kinds of stuff. Mine has paid for itself 10 times over! 

https://www.harborfreight.com/1000-lbs-capacity-hydraulic-table-cart-69148.html

Edited by squonk
  • Like 5
  • Excellent 1

953 nut
20 minutes ago, dclarke said:

Mowing.

:thanks:                      You know how to celebrate a birthday!              :ychain:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Racinbob
2 hours ago, 953 nut said:

I was old school copper too but it would be an absolute nightmare in this place. PEX it is with everything zoned. I'm relocating the water heater and softener and will use some copper there but then I have to tear out all the old iron pipe. That should have been done when the addition was built and new well installed. They even had the old well back fed to the new well and we were getting crud from the iron in the new addition which is all copper. This will be my first PEX job so I researched it quite a bit. Geez! the stuff is amazing and simple to install. Almost every site made mention that it's the only way to go on a complete retrofit like this. :)

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

stevasaurus

I am listening to my doctor...told me don't do anything if it hurts your back.  Been doing back therapy for a couple weeks now, and it is working.  :handgestures-thumbupright:  So, I am spending the day watching Tiger Woods and messing with the puter.  :occasion-xmas:

• Like 6

squonk

5b8d6e84088fc_temp002.JPG.ce3c507381f4c2fdab9145b381e9d660.JPG:o:o:o

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Sad 2

ebinmaine
24 minutes ago, squonk said:

5b8d6e84088fc_temp002.JPG.ce3c507381f4c2fdab9145b381e9d660.JPG:o:o:o

Bit toasty

rjg854

We had planted a tree a few years ago in order to shade the west side of the barn.  Well it has gotten so tall, it blocked the flag pole from view.  So this morning I dug up the concrete base which consists of 3 bags of mix buried about 30" deep.  Dug a new hole out in front of that tree and reset the base. That was enough for today.  Like Mike just posted a picture of, it's a tad warm out there :ychain:

• Like 4

squonk
18 minutes ago, rjg854 said:

We had planted a tree a few years ago in order to shade the west side of the barn.  Well it has gotten so tall, it blocked the flag pole from view.  So this morning I dug up the concrete base which consists of 3 bags of mix buried about 30" deep.  Dug a new hole out in front of that tree and reset the base. That was enough for today.  Like Mike just posted a picture of, it's a tad warm out there :ychain:

You animal You! :)

rjg854

It's been a tough summer with all this humidity and heat, must be getting used to it.  Got another week of it coming.  Yuk

• Sad 1