Sign in to follow this  
Jim_M

The name makes all the difference

Jim_M

I'm sure most of you remember the toy tractors that a guy was passing off as Wheel Horses on eBay. They were bringing pretty good money for an obvious fake.

Take a look at this one. It's being sold as what it really is and it's not going to bring anywhere near what the fake Wheel Horses bring.

The name makes all the difference.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ACE-HARDWARE-LAWN-MOWE...S:B:SRCH:US:101

HorseFixer

Thats a shame people have to be so decieving! <_< Id like to get one of those WH Semis truck trailer jobbies for my stable if anyone ever see's one.

Brrly1

Huh, Imagine That!!! <_

Eriks Red horse herd

People will do anything to make a buck. once they know theres a need. Take for instance THOSE GREEN TRACTORS ( every one knows what i mean. Has to do with a two legged animal that everyone likes to hunt, out of respect I won't mention that name here!) Well there a Amish consignment auction in the spring and fall not to far from me. and it seems like some one always brings in equipment painted Green & yellow and you no its not original. But it always goes for more than it should have. Just because of the color! You got to take it for the guy whose selling them Knock off wheel horses he's pretty smart. You know supply and demand. Theres always going to be a demand if someone wants it. Even though we all know there not real. Just my take on the situation.

TT

Has to do with a two legged animal that everyone likes to hunt, out of respect I won't mention that name here!

Women? :thumbs:

perry

Women? :thumbs:

well ya, that would be my two legged critter of choice :whistle: .

oldandred

you all must be talking about this one

001-7.jpg

Eriks Red horse herd

Thanks guys. Women would be my to legged choice two. What I ment was four legged Deer. When you have two kids about ready to kill each other in the other room and your trying to hurry up and reply and you don't proof read this is what happens. I better slow down and put in some ear plugs.

Nick

I think his mistake was not to simply say it was a customized toy that had nice Wheel Horse decals added to it. My bet is he would have sold nearly as many plus kept a better name for himself.

Now that said.. Just for Duke I looked around and found this ULTRA RARE new in box Wheel Horse tractor trailer made by ERTLE. I might be listing it on ebay with a modest $200 starting bid. :thumbs:

horsesemi.jpg

Ok Scot Lad Foods with some windows paint addition. :whistle:

fun003.jpg

HorseFixer

Thats a Steal! :thumbs: