Sign in to follow this  
Sarge

Blew up my office today

Pullstart

Looks like a blast!  Yep, pun intended :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

CasualObserver

@Sarge is that that skinny-ass old bridge on 89 coming up from Varna and McNabb? Used to take that a lot when I lived down in Goodfield, between Peoria and Bloomington. Wasn`t as bad as that one they just replaced at Savanna. Did you get to work on that one?

AMC RULES

Long overdue...

the state of our infrastructure is a mess. 

• Like 2

Sarge

Yeah, it was that super skinny Penn truss on the south side of Spring Valley - lot of local folks were afraid to cross it. I didn't work on the Savannah bridge project - well outside of my district. 

20180808_060304.jpg.67fbe97ac24be9badaaffb12047f4827.jpg

There were a lot of mixed feelings around here about it's demise, but the thing was far too narrow for the traffic volume and badly rusted out in quite a few areas. As with many things, this one should have been taken down around 20yrs ago and replaced - we're that far behind in our infrastructure. You'd think the collapse of the I-35 bridge in Minnesota would have taught a lesson, but it did not. 

Sarge

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Cvans

Now that was a nice clean blow. :greetings-clappingyellow:

Sarge

All we could ask for was the sections dropped straight down and didn't hit the new bridge sitting next to it - all went perfectly. Next week, if all goes well the main span over the river and 2 smaller ones will go down in one shot. Excavator with a shear has already munched up the first of the two spans dropped Tuesday, the other one should be done today.

Sarge