Ed Kennell

Are you ready for E-15

KC9KAS
The EPA has proposed a new mandate to increase the amount of ethanol in our fuel even more than there already is. I received this notice from Smarter Fuel Future, which is running a petition which you can take a couple minutes to sign electronically. The petition is to tell the EPA to reduce, not increase ethanol in fuel, and can be found here: SmarterFuel Future EPA Renewable Fuel Standard petition. It takes about 30 seconds to complete.
Here's their notice:
The recently proposed 2019 Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS) volume obligations are clear indicators that the Environmental Protection Agency is doubling down on the failures of the ethanol mandates.
Instead of recognizing what’s broken with the RFS, EPA decided to increase some of the mandates’ biggest flaws. As a result, the 2019 renewable volume obligations (RVOs), which dictate how much ethanol and other biofuels will be forced into the U.S. fuel supply next year, could be the highest ever.
Bigger biofuel mandates are bad news for our country and our energy security—and could cost consumers dearly. NPR reports that taxpayers have already poured out an average of $5.4 BILLION a year on biodiesel—a fuel that’s more expensive and less energy dense per gallon than regular diesel. It’s also frequently imported from overseas. With the 2019 RVOs, costs to consumers could skyrocket and our dependence on foreign biofuels will continue.
Additionally, most engines are not designed to run on gasoline with more than 10 percent ethanol. For boats, small engines and many cars, misfueling can lead to metal corrosion, rubber swelling and full engine break-downs.
That’s where you come in.
We have the chance to push back on the EPA about the way it’s handling RFS mandates. Submit a comment today and urge them to lower the 2019 RVOs.
The RFS is a failed government mandate, and as long as it’s on the books, consumers will be paying the price. With your help, we can urge the EPA to lower the 2019 RFS mandate to levels that are better for consumers, and better for our country. And we can continue to push Congress to repeal and reform RFS once and for all.
Click here to submit your comment to the EPA on the out-of-touch 2019 RVO proposal
  • Like 2

953 nut

Very enlightening article Ed. The corn lobby has been riding this gravy train all the way to the bank and will fight any rational replacement.

Those of us who are old enough to remember the first "ethanol enhanced fuel" fiasco of the early '80s know that you couldn't go much more than a week without having to change fuel filters because that junk was cleaning everything in the fuel system. The owner of the station I bought from said the canister filters on his pumps were clogging up every day or so. Pule mileage suffered and so did performance. I don't know what ratio they were running but was happy when it went away.

• Like 1

rjg854

@KC9KAS there's no link in your post

Sarge

If they actually get this idiot mandate approved, I'm moving to another planet.

Sarge

• Like 2

clueless

On the bright side, well maybe not so bright, because of the many concerns with ethanol gas, more stations are carrying non ethanol now, at least down here. Most of the marinas down here carry non- ethanol :handgestures-thumbupright:.

• Like 3

Cvans

I'm not ready for 2% much less 15%. Talk about having something shoved down our throats. I wish people would realize what a crock of snake oil this ethanol thing is. :huh: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19richie66

Done ✅ 

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Done...all four topics