Tach-a-matic

Narrow wheels/tires for 300/400/500 Series?

Tach-a-matic

I would like to put narrow tires on my 416. Not concerned about saving any turf or low ground pressure. Are there narrower rims available? 

these :)

2018-08-07_18-47-35.png

instead of these :(

2018-08-07_18-48-58.png

Edited by Tach-a-matic

Pullstart

Don’t quote me on this, but I think @Stormin ?  Recently posted about skinney’s.  If not him, then one of the other UK fellas

RandyLittrell

I would say almost any skinny wheel should fit the bill. Cub, Sears, Horse should all be just about the same. I will say that some have valve stems on the inside and some on the outside. I picked up some of the these so I could run duals and have innies and outies. 

Randy

Stormin

Pullstart is correct. I fitted narrow tyres to my C-121. There is a thread on how I did it. Wheel Mod. Febuary 17th. 2017.

DSCF0009.JPG.3d4d8105ec0c4e9cb031cb0d284c2ccf.JPG

Edited by Stormin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

gwest_ca

The wheels Simplicity used on the mid-1950's into the 1960's 2-wheel walking tractors often came with 6-12 tires. Those wheels are identical to what Wheel Horse used except for the color of the paint applied.

There are narrower wheels for 4-12 and 5-12 tires available back in the day but need to measure rim width. My guess is 3" between the beads.

Garry

squonk

All I use are 6-12 wheels off another Horse. It's a common hub bolt pattern. I can fit 6-12 WH wheels on the front of my Power King. 

• Like 1