Sign in to follow this  
jerrell

Sick,Stupid, and Depressed

jerrell

:thumbs: :whistle::whistle: I am so depressed i don't know what to do. I went to the bank wed. drew out 5700.00 to make a purchased on thursday, got back home and being as it was a very nice day went directly to the shop and started to work on the horse for a while, worked about 2 hours and decided to change into my work clothes as i was going to start putting oil in the transmisssion and didn't want to get my good clothes dirty, got into the house and LORD the money wasn't in my pocket 57 100.00 bills , can't find them any where.have looked all over the shop, in the truck, every pocket, now i'm just sick, sick sick...i didn't go anywhere else , just to the bank and home....sick, and stupid,and sick

Teddy da Bear

First thing to do is go back to the bank and

ask if it possible to see the surveilance video.

See if anything unusual happened while leaving

the bank with the money.

Also check with your homeowners insurance

company....maybe there is replacement for

cash lost.

Other than the normal....retrace your steps....

Think about each thing you did....no matter

how insignificant. The changing of your clothes

does sound significant to losing your cash....

hodge

Man, Jerrell, sorry to hear that! I have lost things before and lamented it, but never that costly. I will say a prayer- keep us posted on your loss, and hopeful find.

Sarge

Ok, first , I'm praying for you hard....

Was it in a bank envelope? If you lost it outside, most likely it's gone but maybe someone turned it in , check with the bank and local police. Also, many times when I'm working on stuff I've lost reciepts ect. due to putting them down somewhere or in the tool box so I don't lose them :thumbs: .

Other than that, re-tracing your steps in a calm manner usually helps, I know the frustration makes it harder to think clearly.

Hope for the best,

Sarge

past7971

Hopefully it works out like Sarge suggested and you just set it somewhere "safe" and just have to remember where that safe spot was. Would hate to have to admit how many times I've ranted in garage over a wrench, screwdriver, bolt, or nut that "I just had the darn thing" only to find out I either set it somewhere or find it in my shirt/back pocket. My Wife refers to them as my "senior-moments". Hope you have a happy outcome over this.

Teddy da Bear

And don't forget to look in and around your vehicle's seats.

Even if it was in your pocket...it could slip out and fall

between the backrest and the seat...or on the side near

the door. And in between driver's and passenger seat.

And also where you got out of the car ....it could fall on the ground

Prayers for you also..... .

Operator

I had money stolen when I was out of town and my homeowners covered it , no problem. Check all the nooks and crannys , truck console etc. Think positive!

Randy

Docwheelhorse

Man--I hope you find it. I did something similar---withdrew $1600 to pay my mortgage and had to deliver it to another bank. I put the 16 $100's into MY CELL PHONE CASE with the phone. Then I stopped ON MY MOTORCYCLE for gas. The phone rang and I answered it and put it back in its case and ON THE SEAT. I drove away and when I got to the other bank I remembered what I did. :thumbs: I drove back following my route @ warp 10....... by the grace of god I found the phone, money and case in the road just out of the gas station parking. The phone was destroyed as it had been hit 12 times---but the $$$ was there. I hope hope hope that you have a similar result.

Tony

WHC-125

Tony,

I would rather a broken phone any day than loosing money

Jerrell,

I hope your money turns up or maybe it went throught the washing machine :whistle:

I have had money stolen from me and I hate when it happens but you cant do anything besides retrace your steps, look in between your seats of you car and under them, in between you couch cushins as well, and check anywhere and everywhere you were today

Best of Luck :thumbs:

bmuone

Good gravy Jerrell......I have never had 57 $100 bills to hold but where they flat, folded, rolled?? That big a wad had to have a different feel in the pants or shirt. Go slow and think about every move you made since getting the money. I figure you have checked your tool boxes.....shelves....underneath the WH and stuff. Maybe you walked into house and put the money down with your keys. Wear a coat? I hope you find it soon!! DT

Rollerman

Jerrel any updates on your lost cash?

Any luck traceing your steps & searching any of the places you may have inadvertanly left it.

HorseFixer

Jerry :whistle: I hope ya find yer cash! that would make me sick too! :thumbs:

Operator

Any luck yet Jerrell? :thumbs:

Randy

Teddy da Bear

Would like to hear from him and know he is ok...

stevebo

That happened to my brother one day. He had about $1500 in cash and actually crumpled it up with a bunch of old newspaper and trashed it. He did firnd it however that was after re tracing everything that day. Hope it turns up.

KyBlue

Yep, I hope you find it!!! Would love to know if you did or not...Will keep my fingers crossed!

jerrell

:thumbs: No guys i have not found it, have gone thru the truck, and tore the shop apart, i have gone over and over everthing i did, it is a complete mystery to me. i can't keep from thinking how stupid i was for not putting it up when i arrived back home. my wife is absolutely wonderful, she has only understanding for me and has been awfully graceful to me. i don't know how i would handle that if she had lost the $... i have sorta accepted that it's gone ,but i go th the shop at least 2 times a day and look around again..

Operator

Check with your home owners ins. Jerrell, And thanks for the update. We all were concerned.

Randy

Mike

Did you call the bank? are you sure you had it when you left the bank?

Hope you find it.

Teddy da Bear

Jerrell....sounds like your wife is alot like mine.

She is very understanding about those kinds of things too...

I definately would be contacting my insurance company

as I said earlier.

ronscat

Jerrell,

I read your post right after you wrote it. I have been reluctant to write anything on here. I've noticed your age. My buddy that is my age (in his 60s also) and I were just commenting Saturday about how we walk to the other side of the shop and forget about half the time what we went after. It's so easy to misplace something. I can feel your pain and do so sympathise with you. I too am blessed with a wife that is so understanding and supportive when I make a mistake that is simple and seems so hard to understand for the kids and others.

I just hope for peace of mind for you and yours. May some good come from all of this. Follow the advice of the others on here about your insurance and check back with the bank.

Ron

Duff

Jerrell,

Awfully sorry to hear about your loss. :whistle:

You're probably miles ahead of me on this one, or I may have missed it earlier in the thread, but have you contacted the local police? You'd be amazed at how often cash - even large amounts - gets turned in. Often the PD won't advertise it so they don't have a bunch of kooks trying to claim it, but my experience has been pretty positive with cops and found money. I think Linen Beige will back me up on this. :whistle:

We had a charity event here in my area and the organizers gave the proceeds - all small unmarked bills to the tune of about $8,000 to a woman to take home (Sunday) until the banks opened the next day. She had it in a brown paper bag and left it on the roof of her car when she put an armload of other stuff on the back seat, then drove off with the bag on the roof. A Good Samaritan found it about a half mile down the road and turned it in to our local PD. The organization had it back within 24 hours - right after they called to report the loss!

Good luck, and praying for you!

Duff :thumbs:

jerrell

:whistle: :whistle: ]I FOUND IT

Or to be more corect my wife found it..i had given up on finding it BUT the wife just went around looking , not making a comment or anything ...and i have to give RONSCAT , a mention here, you were rignt on the money :dunno: You all will never guess where it was .. IT WAS IN MY BIBLE.... honestly i can't remember coming into the house and putting it up. and to put it in my bible?????? i have a small security box in the house and a large safe build into the shop, BUT in the bible??? i can't understand it. this is the first time something like has ever happen to me and i am confused as how it ended up there. maybe it's time for a check up. i just don't understand it.. spooky to say the least. My wife says it was because we asked god for guidance and help in finding the money,, in the bible??? this is true.. just at a loss BUT SMILING TODAY :thumbs:

I do want to thank each and every one for the comments made , you are all great computer friends...thank you again...jerrell

past7971

GREAT!!! Glad it was found. You may end up getting harrassed about "senior-moments" by your Wife now but sounds like you might owe her a nice dinner/night out.

Operator

That is great to hear Jerrell! It is a little spooky - just maybe you didn't put it there. :thumbs:

Glad to hear it.

Randy