Sign in to follow this  
Operator

Photo Bucket

Operator

OK I need a bit more advice/help. I want to change my avatar picture, I have Photo Bucket with my picture, got it sized, got the url thingy yellow box and all. But that is as far as I can get. There is no "preveiw or submit" box. Keep in mind I'm not that computer literate but I got er done on first try on another forum and got purty proud of myself and figured I could do it here--the proud part went out the window. If I can get the details now I'll get computer help later "after she gets home from work". :thumbs:

Thanks guys:

Randy

Nick

Go to "My Controls" then click "Edit Avatar settings" on the bottom left. Paste the Photobucket URL in the online avatar image box then click on "Update Avatar". After that you might have to refresh the page to see it come up.

Operator

No luck yet, on RS site after all the URL stuff then I get a "Sorry, That is not a valid file extension"

Got to get my computer helper on this, and she will say "I don't know what Photobucket is"

Randy

Operator

Well I got that URL thingy moved to RS My controls avatar place. Then I copied into the spot and hit "Update avatar" and I get URL for avatar incorectly formated or the link is not valid" I sized it down to 640 x 480. Even took my old avatar out. :thumbs::whistle:

Randy

Operator

Where do I get the "direct link" ? type it in? The URL from Photo Bucket got pasted to the RS spot like I thought it should but that is as far as I can get. Like I said earlier my computer adviser said "I don't know what a Photo Bucket is" So she isn't any help. She tries to say that since my laptop is a "business" style it's different than hers. :thumbs:

I'll get this yet. Didn't have any problems on --- even got it on first try!

Randy

Operator

Maybe got the problem figured out --Photo Bucket 640 X 480 but 136 kb

Red Square says no bigger than 128 kb

That the problem? How to get it down a little?

Operator

Nope resized to 43 kb 320X240 still get the "Not valid" thingy

I even removed my old avatar, Got to go find him now. :thumbs:

Randy

Nick

Randy, When you go to Photobucket there are 4 choices shown under the picture. The 2nd option is Direct link. Copy the Direct link then bring that to RS and put it in the Online avatar Image box. Click update avatar and hopefully that will work.

You can see part of my image link in the box.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff27/tr...Rvsgreen007.jpg

I forgot to say the online photo size shouldnt matter. The one Im using from photobucket is 350x517.

Operator

The only thing that shows is "img thumb" forums and bulletin boards. And that is under Image link code. Under that is image info . I appreciate this help Nick but my PB site doesn't have Four choices. Why can't I just download right from my computer files I tried that too, and no luck.

Operator

I'm sorry Nick but there is no page on PB that shows "Direct Link" And I'm getting p------ I'm done for the nite.

Nick

You should be able to load it right onto RS. But then the picture will need to be at or less than 128 x 128 in size and the file size has to be under 128kb.

Im not the best at splainin things so that might be part of the problem. :thumbs: If you go to the photobucket album then put the mouse pointer on the picture a box should open under the picture. For me that box has 4 options listed. :whistle:

Operator

I don't have the four option box under the little picture.

I e-mailed Photo Bucket last nite, The "help" box on their site doesn't get beyond "buffering" so that doesn't help.

Randy

Operator

Nick I was over on another forum and veiwing a members video, from Photo Bucket and I seen the four box thingy, I now know what you mean but I will have to figure out what happened to it on my PB page. I just have one URL line and that's it.

Randy

nylyon

Post the URL or img code or e-mail it to me and I will change your avatar

KyBlue

Randy, you have to load the picture on the PB site to get those Four Boxes.

Heres a Screen Shot with one of my pictures loaded up.. Youll see the four boxes circled in orange...Crudely circled I might add!

PBScreenShot.jpg

Hope this helps..

Teddy da Bear

If you are using a browser other than internet explorer.....

Websites will sometimes not display features correctly....

Just something to think about.

Not sure if that is your situation.

HorseFixer

OK I need a bit more advice/help. I want to change my avatar picture,

Randy

Looks like ya need to send yer Av to the dentist! :thumbs:

Operator

Karl I appriciate that offer, I my take you up on it, but just not yet. What I might have done when I first started [can't remember] was to pick the wrong URL link line thingy. So I was going to delete all and start over. But Photo Bucket answered my "plea of help" and during the day went in to my acc. and put in the "Direct link" line. I haven't checked it yet. I want to say thanks for the help guys first before I chuck the puter out the window. My curent avatar looks like that due to the evening we had last night trying and failing.

They say us Swede's are stuborn, I'm not letting a box beat me!

Randy

Operator

I got farther, Got a square on the avatar page. I'll post and see---

Operator

Now?

Operator

I copy then paste then update avatar- and get a square.----- :thumbs:

TJ

All of that for a little square? :thumbs:

I like it!

Operator

Ya rite, I'm opening the window and chucking this out------

Teddy da Bear

:thumbs: Sometimes they are just no fun!