Sign in to follow this  
CHARGER9AUTO

Sale Of Wheel Horse Tractors

CHARGER9AUTO

I think when other RedSquare members advertise their tractors and myself in the Classifieds section . If they e-mail you that should not force the seller would you take $275 for Wheel Horse related items when the price is set by the owner me . I want $300 for my 551 Suburban as is sight unseen with out coming out and looking at it . :thumbs::whistle: Ben

kj4kicks

I think when other RedSquare members advertise their tractors and myself in the Classifieds section . If they e-mail you that should not force the seller would you take $275 for Wheel Horse related items when the price is set by the owner me . I want $300 for my 551 Suburban as is sight unseen with out coming out and looking at it . :thumbs::whistle: Ben

Hi Ben, It is up to the seller to set the terms of the sale, as you have done. If a potential buyer makes an offer, all you have to do is say "no" . A potential buyer cannot FORCE you to accept an offer.

Hope that helps.

E.

dodge78

If you want $300, advertise at $350, then when they ask for $300 both sides are happy.

Coadster32

I agree that it is hard to move on a price when the buyer has not looked at the item for sale. However, perhaps the price could be a little rich, so that moving is possible. As a buyer, this is not known untill asking. :whistle: It is hard to commit $300 to anything sight unseen. If somebody has a good reason for trying to lower the cost, a GRACEFUL decline of bid should be made. :thumbs: Tire kickers can take a hike. Just my opinion.

Michael Bullington

hi Ben :whistle:

Great to have sellers on Red Square!

You must be newby to selling and buying wheel horse tractors :whistle:

Hey just so No to the emails, nobody will be mad...its your tractor noone can FORCE you to sell it for less :dunno: Price what you want and sell it at the price you want. :thumbs:

Great to see you young wheel horse people out there..Make selling fun us older members will help you out!

past7971

I hear ya Ben---I have a bad addiction of snatching up every neglected Horses I can find and eventually end up selling some "multiples" off to keep the Zoning inspectors from thinking I have a mower repair shop at my house. I can understand buyers wanting to get that "great deal" but I get tired of dealing with people that call because they say they want it, know the price you want and then you wait for them to show, take the time so they can start it, drive it, make sure everything works and then they want to try to stand there and haggle over the price. As an example, I had a complete C-100 8-speed with 42" deck that ran great, NO mechanical issues or rot but had minor surface rust and could use a fresh coat of paint. Did the email pictures/set price at $350 routine and after waisting about 2 hours between guy showing up late and playing with tractor---he offered $200 cash because "thats all he has". Being of questionable mentality-I politely apoligized for any confusion he had over my price and thanked him for coming out to look any ways. He suddenly must have remembered the "other" money he had and said "OK, I'll take it". Needless to say, I reminded him of his "all I have is $200" and after a short no longer polite discussion from me--he did come back the next day with $400 new price and was actually on time. Totally avoidable and makes you question if its even worth dealing with people you dont really know.

CHARGER9AUTO

CHARGER9AUTO

I hear ya Ben---I have a bad addiction of snatching up every neglected Horses I can find and eventually end up selling some "multiples" off to keep the Zoning inspectors from thinking I have a mower repair shop at my house. I can understand buyers wanting to get that "great deal" but I get tired of dealing with people that call because they say they want it, know the price you want and then you wait for them to show, take the time so they can start it, drive it, make sure everything works and then they want to try to stand there and haggle over the price. As an example, I had a complete C-100 8-speed with 42" deck that ran great, NO mechanical issues or rot but had minor surface rust and could use a fresh coat of paint. Did the email pictures/set price at $350 routine and after waisting about 2 hours between guy showing up late and playing with tractor---he offered $200 cash because "thats all he has". Being of questionable mentality-I politely apoligized for any confusion he had over my price and thanked him for coming out to look any ways. He suddenly must have remembered the "other" money he had and said "OK, I'll take it". Needless to say, I reminded him of his "all I have is $200" and after a short no longer polite discussion from me--he did come back the next day with $400 new price and was actually on time. Totally avoidable and makes you question if its even worth dealing with people you dont really know.

Paul, I understand your post not everyone is a Wheel Horse collector like us people . The right person will come along and buy the tractor for $300 or what ever they think it's worth . Ben

Coadster32

Great to see you young wheel horse people out there..Make selling fun us older members will help you out!

Thanks, that's what we're hoping for. Someone's gotta carry this thing on. :thumbs:

The right person will come along and buy the tractor for $300 or what ever they think it's worth .

A little contradictory when a reasonable offer was made, and not accepted. At that point, it's not what the buyer thinks it's worth.

Michael Bullington

hey try words like THIS PRICE IS FIRM..I WILL NOT TAKE A PENNY LESS!

This will take the tire kickers away and all the buyers who are not serious! :thumbs:

Seems pretty simple to me! :whistle: