Sign in to follow this  
Amoootray

552 Tecumseh

Amoootray

I have a 552 with a 5.5 hp Tecumseh that has was running then one day would not start cause it had no spark . I cleaned the points put it back together and still have no spark. Looking for magneto parts and having trouble finding parts wonder if anyone could help me locate one .

gwest_ca

Do you need part numbers? Don't know if this covers your spec # or not. Click on the picture.

Garry

Amoootray

Garry thanks for the model number info it’s great to have a little more info but do you have any idea who would carry magneto parts for these ?

formariz

I am not sure how familiar you are with that engine, and the wiring associated with it but I would recommend getting well acquainted with it. Your problem may lie elsewhere. In any case parts for that engine are rare. However what you need is this,  https://www.ebay.com/itm/WICO-12915-5-5033-COIL-FITS-LAUSON-ENGINES-28259-NEW-OLD-STOCK/262862626885?epid=699605457&hash=item3d33d56045:g:U4AAAOSwfVpYqyD9

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• illinibrew
      By illinibrew
      I have been into garden tractors for a few years.  Wanted to learn about small engines and buying an old sear suburban was cheaper than the class at the local community college.  Just got a 1980 C85 (with a johnny bucket on it).  
    • 953 nut
      By 953 nut
      I have a few basic electrical system diagrams that are helpful in understanding how the wiring system works. They are not specific to any particular tractor and do not include safety switches. All use the 5 post ignition switches 103-991 for Magneto and 103-990 for Battery Ignition. I failed to include fuses in the Starter Generator drawing, this is an over-site and I would encourage fuses be used as shown in the other two drawings. 
      Hope this is helpful.
      Magneto Ignition system with electric start and solenoid.

Battery powered ignition system with points, condenser, solenoid and electric start.

Battery powered ignition with solenoid, points, condenser, Starter Generator and a mechanical voltage regulator.

We have uncovered a shortcoming in the factory  wiring diagrams for S/G battery ignition systems with a four terminal voltage regulator. The wire from the regulator "Gen" terminal to the S/G  "A" terminal was omitted. This drawing should clear that up.

• Brianrollins
      By Brianrollins
      Ok heres the deal I have set plenty of points and mags on engines that were on the outside of the fly wheel but how the heck are you suppose to do so to a mag that is on the inside of a fly wheel. I mean I am use to putting a card between the mag and fly wheel and then tightening down the mag but I can not do that with this engine please help me both by telling me how to test the mag and coil and also by how to set it . EMAIL ME OR GET AHOLD of me on Facebook if you want