Sign in to follow this  
Hammerhead

1955 RJ-35

Hammerhead

Here is my early production RJ35. Made probably in the 2nd batch of 1955 tractors, not in the first 100 produced. Has the cast iron steering wheel, gas tank stand and some other early production parts. I added the non original Kohler engine but it should be a Clinton engine. bth_017-2.jpgbth_018-4.jpg

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• BillKC
      By BillKC
      Price reduced to $1,350. Please IM BillKC if you are interested or have questions.

I have an RJ-35 and two RJ-58s for sale that need to go to a good home. Also included is a snowplow, three K91s, and two spare rear wheels w/tires mounted. I mounted a newer engine on the RJ-58 just to push snow and do some light mowing for fun. The RJ-35 runs great and fun to drive around and experience the beginning history of the Wheel Horse lineup. Someone before me started restoring one of them so it is a project. Paint is great but needs put back together. I also have a copy of Straight from the Horse’s Mouth (2000 copyright) that goes with these tractors.

I don't have any way to transport these so Local pickup in Smithville, MO.

Do not want to separate the lot. You can buy them all and sell what you don't want to other collectors.

Thanks,

Bill

• chompinthebit
      By chompinthebit
      Hi all,

this is a early 1956 rj-35 I picked up and named Ol’ Crusty. I thought I’d share a picture timeline of things I’ve done on it since I’ve gotten it. The reason I say early 1956 is because it has a C channel frame like the 55’s with 55 style hub backing plates and some 1955 features but has a 1956 hood with small kill switch hole.

the tractor has been cleaned and clear coated. Also wheels were stripped and painted original black.

i believe this tractor was a local government owned tractor for mowing around a township building or something since it had many payers of the typical yellow paint you see on Govt owned equipment.

reproduction aluminum steering wheel
      reproduction belt guard
      restored k90
      added electric starter

• chompinthebit
      By chompinthebit
      I found this K-90 at an auction and it turned out to be a wheel horse spec engine dating to 1956. I attached some pictures of it as I did the paint work. I didn’t start taking pictures until then unfortunately. I then put it in a 1956 rj-35 I have

• Aldon
      By Aldon
      Well, most of the regulars here are aware I will be relocating this Spring/Summer. I had hoped to take the remaining collection of tractors with me. However more and more it is becoming obvious that this plan wont work out for numerous reasons. As such, once I make up my mind as to which one to keep, I will be posting the remainder as well as most parts etc up for sale in the Forum Classifieds and CL.

As I hope shows in poll info, I have 2 Stage Blower, Restored 48 & 60 inch(195) decks, 54 inch blade, GT14 style Tiller and a project Sickle Bar. The Sickle BAr can likely be made to work on the GT14 style tractors and the C160.

I enjoy working on them but as I get older I may not have time or ability to do so. As such, maintenance and parts and ease of use of a single tractor are part of the equation.

A couple of these I have poured a lot of time into but I am not emotionally tied to them and I believe if I relocate back east where Grass and tractor need becomes more necessary, I can re-create them.

So help me out with my decision. 

A couple pics of the beasts in question: