RandyLittrell

Anybody camp at the big show?

RandyLittrell

I hope someday I can make it to the big show, but its a long way from the show-me state!  I would probably camp if I went, just curious if anyone camps? 

Randy

Ed Kennell

Quite a few campers.   I only live 41 miles away and I like to tent.

IMG_5987.JPG.7cfaf42a069f76f2c975c15efcb205e0.JPGIMG_5988.JPG.6cc12a9f3ae9943a4b521b21277b4d0f.JPG

• Like 4

RandyLittrell
12 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

Quite a few campers.   I only live 41 miles away and I like to tent.

IMG_5987.JPG.7cfaf42a069f76f2c975c15efcb205e0.JPGIMG_5988.JPG.6cc12a9f3ae9943a4b521b21277b4d0f.JPG

That mid mount disc is cool!!!!!

Randy

• Thanks 1

pfrederi

I spent 28 years with Uncle Sam...my idea of roughing it now is a hotel without a pool and bar.:P

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

elcamino/wheelhorse

@pfrederi I didn't spend that long with Uncle Sam but I agree with you.  Nice quite hotel with hot water , AC , and coffee in the morning .

• Like 3

19richie66

Nothing better after a 900 mile trip than a hot shower and a cool beverage (your choice) by the pool :orcs-cheers:

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 3

oldredrider

Randy, I've camped there for about 12-14 years. Always had a good time. Lots of good folks there after dark and really enjoyed the "chill time" with people you don't get a chance to spend time with during all the daytime activities. 

Highly recommend it, if the weather is good.

• Like 1

rmaynard

Since 2010 I have camped in my tent each year except the year following my back surgery.

DSCN6785.JPG

This is the "Maynard Hotel" with Zeeks horse hauler/camper in the background.

For me, camping is the way to go at the show. I'm 68 and I never thought I'd sleep in a tent again, but there is something about sleeping amongst the horses, campfires with friends, and the comraderie that you just can't get at a hotel. 

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

WHX??

My wife and I have been known to camp there and many other tractor shows as well.The tent has since gave way to a queen size air mattress in the horse hauler.

20160623_154019.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

19richie66

I love camping but my wife, not so much. Both of us have back pains and its hard to find something to sleep on that matches our bed. Even hotel beds kill me to sleep in. We want to het an enclosed trailer and convert it for sleeping in. Build it myself the way we want it. We’ll see if that happens. :popcorn:

• Like 4

dells68

I've tried and tried to get my wife to sleep in our enclosed trailer, but she went do it!  Says she needs the running water in a hotel.  Can't even get her to camp in our back yard.  Emory and I would love to be there among our friends!

• Like 4

Ed Kennell

Hey, we have running water at the Show.    We even have showers.....bring your own towels and bathmat..

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

dells68

I've tried to explain that to her.  She keeps paying for the room, so I guess we'll be at the Holiday Inn again.  If it was me, air mattress in the trailer, canopy out front, and a cooler for drinks and snacks  and I'd be good!:icecream:

• Like 3

DennisThornton
On 4/6/2018 at 9:21 AM, RandyLittrell said:

That mid mount disc is cool!!!!!

Randy

I missed!  If you hadn't pointed it out!  That's awesome!  Can't remember ever seeing one.

• Like 1

RandyLittrell

Thanks for all the responses guys!! I might be a few years, but I will get there! 

My wife is really not a camper, but I love it. She won't want to go to a tractor show anyway, and maybe by the time I can go, the grandson will want to go with me. So far, he loves to do whatever PaPa does! So ya know he is gonna have a nice horse!! Just got to find the right one! 

Randy