Achto

What to do with excess cash.

Sarge

I admire the man and his vision - as well as the insane accomplishments he's made in such a short time. I'm sure he will contribute to humanity in a very positive way in the future as long as he stays within the boundaries of what he's done so far - progress over profiteering. Gotta love the guy's sense of humor - just think if an alien race found it making laps around Mars..lol.

I would seriously love to prod the guy into loving our hobby here and Wheel Horses - think what he could do with them, lol. The exclamation point of landing the two boosters side-by-side was pretty staggering - I sat there with my jaw on the floor - didn't know that was planned as I lost track of the project in recent weeks - kudos to Elon for sure. I almost wish this guy was into medical science and gene research - hard telling what he could do with his teams he's built. They have had some spectacular failures, but they refuse to give up and you gotta love that.

I saw the thread title and thought - "wow, this is opening a can of super-sized worms" on this forum, lol .

Sarge

• Like 6

Vinylguy

I was just messing around with this photo but I liked it so much I made it my desktop image.

Showing off my dual Samsung 32 inch curved monitors. 

These make my work much easier and allow me to have multiple programs open at the same time.

Just a few short years ago monitors this size were not affordable for me. I paid much more for my first 24 inch monitor 

than for 2 of these this Christmas. 

5a7b4e66435ae_dualmonitors.png.b5ca9f376d671218f5eeea3b5d736f69.png

• Like 8
  • Excellent 1

WHX??
2 hours ago, Stormin said:

I don't understand what excess cash means? :think:

Who you kiddin Norm... we heard the bank comes to you when they need money! :ychain::lol:

Now me I am a simple man ... if I had even an eighth of Norm's money I would go get this...ok... the whole line of them! :D

00J0J_lw57NUtUYl_1200x900.jpg

00T0T_dToWwbKwQdb_600x450.jpg

00w0w_bjibCm5tM0Y_1200x900.jpg

53 minutes ago, Vinylguy said:

multiple programs open at the same time

I think that's called multi-tasking Terry but I wouldn't know ... I can't pick my nose and walk at the same time!

Edited by WHX14
can't speell either
  • Haha 4

elcamino/wheelhorse

When I saw title "excess cash" , my first thought don't any . I saw the launch and the two rockets landing at the same side by side and I said was HOLY COW. Mr. Musk sure knows how to get things done. Any member know anyone who maybe know a friend of a friend of a friend of his family ? It would be nice to see new limited production :wh: at a price us cheap guys could afford. 

• Like 5

pfrederi
2 hours ago, Sarge said:

I admire the man and his vision - as well as the insane accomplishments he's made in such a short time. I'm sure he will contribute to humanity in a very positive way in the future as long as he stays within the boundaries of what he's done so far - progress over profiteering. Gotta love the guy's sense of humor - just think if an alien race found it making laps around Mars..lol.

I would seriously love to prod the guy into loving our hobby here and Wheel Horses - think what he could do with them, lol. The exclamation point of landing the two boosters side-by-side was pretty staggering - I sat there with my jaw on the floor - didn't know that was planned as I lost track of the project in recent weeks - kudos to Elon for sure. I almost wish this guy was into medical science and gene research - hard telling what he could do with his teams he's built. They have had some spectacular failures, but they refuse to give up and you gotta love that.

I saw the thread title and thought - "wow, this is opening a can of super-sized worms" on this forum, lol .

Sarge

No ****.  That was to me way more impressive than the launch.  I mean the Saturn V was much more powerful but the technology to bring boosters back down..just beyond my feeble mind.  Many of us i am sure remember the days in school when they might wheel in a black and white TV  to watch a space launch Vanguard or Atlas...and how many times it never even got off the ground.

Edited by pfrederi
  • Like 5

squonk

They were saying that that rocket had a better chance of blowing up on the pad than lifting off. Imagine what they could do when they are confident of something.

Acouple of launches back they had a camera on a booster as it returned to earth. They landed it on a floating barge in the ocean. Pretty amazing getting it to stay upright on something floating like that. Even more amazing watching it thru the camera.

36 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

Meh, been there...

done that.  :dunno:

5a6e0caa680dc_WHinfinity.jpg.647dd039bfb7de4f03c126020d079a19.jpg

I see you have your work boots on and not your sandals. Safety First! :)

Edited by squonk
  • Like 4

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat: Look Momno helmet. 

• Haha 5

WHX??

Is he waving at us or flipping us the bird?? Some body hit the ejection seat button so we can get a valuable horse & tub back to earth! :ychain:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Big_Red_Fred

You knew i had to add some thing off the wall didnt you all hahahahaxdanger-will-robinson.jpg.pagespeed_ic.f_PvVrYglm.jpg.858eddf513d622041892d328e1b75e61.jpg Danger, Danger its BRF 

• Haha 3

KC9KAS
4 hours ago, Stormin said:

Yeah, when I saw the title of this thread, I thought "that has never happened to me"!

• Like 1

953 nut

What to do with excess cash.

What the heck is that?

Sad part is he can get tax wright-offs for the entire venture, if any of us want to have fun we need to pay taxes on every dollar we spend.

:text-coolphotos:             Thanks for posting this.

• Like 5

ztnoo

If you are seriously here asking or answering in response to the title of the thread "what to do with excess cash", besides "save" or "invest it", I can offer no further insights.

You may have missed a lecture or seminar somewhere along the path of life.......if you haven't already figured that out by now.

Tractors aren't going to earn you thousands of $$$ per month.

Only wise, counseled, long term investing will do that..........

Questions?

• Like 2

SylvanLakeWH

HHHMMM...I'm thinking that most RS members fall into the category of folks who have answered this question logically and soundly through the positive application of addictive behavior towards certain small red tractors...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

ztnoo

Huuummmm......umm.gif.c2e5cb09a6e955788c65844ee0b92ea4.gif ...... well maybe yes or maybe no.......

If you have expendable funds to "play with", then there's no problem with a little L & G tractor addiction.

Sometimes the problem occurs when discerning where that line is located.

That's just my personal opinion.......its not written in stone on a national monument......

• Like 2

JC 1965

" Excess cash "  I've never had that problem.      :confusion-confused:

• Like 2

Sarge

NASA spent a lot of years and untold billions trying to land a rocket, or much of anything else without a lot of success. Given today's technological advances, this venture doesn't surprise me but the technology is still amazing and I'm really interested what else they can do in the future. Wish I were younger, this is going to fun..

Sarge

• Like 3

Zeek
On 2/7/2018 at 12:45 PM, Stormin said:

Roger that, read my signature line . . .:whistle:

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 1