Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

kpinnc
3 hours ago, adsm08 said:

Brian, your office looks like more fun than my office.

Truer words have not been spoken... :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Monstrosity

Got done a little early at work today got to burn in some brackets for the tank quickly, need to tweek just a bit and she be straight! Also made the bracket for the compressor from an old c series seat pan that will mount to the front still need to fab that up but for today i quickly wanted to get the majority of the welding done be fore 5pm.20240525_211303.jpg.1024b5e200f0d341c414f2529dcaf1a6.jpg

• Like 7
  • Excellent 2

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, JCM said:

Nice day here in Maine to bring out 6 tractors to soak up some sun. Then take the old pickup for a ride and run through the gears. Have a great weekend all.

Excellent pics Jim! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

rjg854
7 hours ago, JCM said:

Nice day here in Maine to bring out 6 tractors to soak up some sun. Then take the old pickup for a ride and run through the gears. Have a great weekend all.

IMG_1694.JPG

IMG_1684.JPG

IMG_1679.JPG

They soaked up all the sun, and now all that's left is shade :teasing-poke:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

peter lena

@Ed Kennell  regular  aeritator  towing ,both  single and double  has really helped out my lawn , between the rain , and soil spiking , the color is much better , and related worm / bird action , verifies  its life . the clay base , in my lawn , can get , very hard / dry . spiking regularly , make it much softer , for growth . just back out of the shed , ball hitch from seat , i,m  spiking , pete 

• Excellent 1

cleat

Looks better than new.

Great job!

• Thanks 1

ebinmaine
10 minutes ago, cleat said:

Looks better than new.

Great job!

@c-series don

:text-yeahthat:

• Thanks 1

Monstrosity
4 hours ago, c-series don said:

Got one side panel, foot rest, fender pan and the seat mounted up today. New double bulb taillights as well. I’m getting closer! New drive belt should be in today, then I can install that and put the right side panel and foot rest on. Sorry the pictures are cloudy, I need a new phone case!! 

IMG_9302.jpeg

IMG_9303.jpeg

IMG_9304.jpeg

Putting in the work 💪 🙌  nice don!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart
On 5/21/2024 at 2:19 PM, Handy Don said:

Every time you post about this I’m reminded of my Dad’s stern direction never to take the lawn tractor near the pond. Guess who ended up submerging it?

Surprising to me, the local small engine guy was able to resurrect it for several more years of service.

My kid’s boyfriend just got a full time job at the local property management company.  Hardscapes, rocks, mowing, etc.  his first time mowing for them yesterday, he buried a zero turn next to a pond.  He told the 19 year old manager on the job he hadn’t mowed before and got off easy :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Handy Don
1 minute ago, Pullstart said:

buried a zero turn next to a pond

Stuck in the soft ground? 

Yep, z-turns are easy (and fun) once you know how but there is a definite learning curve!

I realized when teaching my children to drive that there is NOTHING intuitive about it. It is ALL learned behaviors.

Why does the steering wheel turn the way it does? Why does pressing one pedal make it go and another pedal make it stop? And why is the go on the right and the stop on the left--and what’s with this clutch thing? Why does the turn signal lever go down for left and up for right (and hey, it turns itself off!)? And on and on...

It is all practice and muscle memory BUT then also a lot of conscious thinking to be aware of what’s going on OUTSIDE the vehicle.

I can brag a bit that all three of them thought I was a good teacher.

Descending from soapbox...

• Like 1

Pullstart

Bahh, he knew better.   It just one more swipe a little closer?  Stuck.

• Haha 4

Easton Rich
7 hours ago, c-series don said:

Got one side panel, foot rest, fender pan and the seat mounted up today. New double bulb taillights as well. I’m getting closer! New drive belt should be in today, then I can install that and put the right side panel and foot rest on. Sorry the pictures are cloudy, I need a new phone case!! 

IMG_9302.jpeg

IMG_9303.jpeg

IMG_9304.jpeg

That girl poster will never come down :D

• Haha 2

WHX??
23 minutes ago, Easton Rich said:

That girl poster will never come down :D

Not on my watch anyway...we think he has a Farah Fawcett one too...:lol:

Stainless hardware Don? 

• Like 2

kpinnc
9 hours ago, c-series don said:

Sorry the pictures are cloudy, I need a new phone case!

I thought it was my tears of joy ... That thing is beautiful! :thumbs:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

953 nut
7 hours ago, Pullstart said:

Bahh, he knew better.   It just one more swipe a little closer?  Stuck.

:confusion-confused:             Sort'a like go'n too deep in the field with bus.              :ychain:

• Haha 6

D_Mac
8 hours ago, WHX?? said:

Not on my watch anyway...we think he has a Farah Fawcett one too...:lol:

Stainless hardware Don? 

1 hour ago, c-series don said:

You are correct! That was the first thing that I hung up in my garage. When I first hung it up my wife said “ oh no you don’t” I said yes I do ! I told her that she doesn’t understand, this woman hung in my bedroom when I was a teenager. I had a relationship with her, a hands on relationship. 👋🤣At that point she probably called me a jerk or something and went back in the house. 

No I don’t have Farrah, but I do want one. However I do have Heather Thomas, and yes I had a relationship with her too when she hung in my room as a teenager. 😜🤣

And yes of course, stainless steel hardware! 

IMG_9307.jpeg

I thought everyone still has their Farrah poster. Mine still hangs proudly.

20240529_231423.jpg

• Haha 8