Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

LengerichKA88
16 hours ago, Lee1977 said:

I got my 312 Horse out and we trimmed some bushes. Had the Toyota and trailer out too just to haul them away. Finished up with the C-120/180 and small trailer to finish cleaning up.

SAM-0925.jpg

I’d love to have an old Yota like that. Keep em maintained and they’ll run forever. 

pfrederi
1 hour ago, LengerichKA88 said:

Well, I finally got to use just a tractor for snow removal.... did four drives, ran outta gas and then the battery wouldn’t turn it over. One trickle charger and 100ft extension cord later it’s back at Home. 

Im not sure if it’s theboff brand battery that’s junk (came with it), or if the S/G isn’t working properly, but I’ll figure that out when I can feel my fingers again 

0D641335-8629-4B3A-8B50-439EE4CC8C97.jpeg

Engine running what is voltage measured at battery???  about 14 volts your S/G is Ok batteryt at fault.  12.6 or less and S/G may be cause.  Ground the F terminal on the Genny see if voltage goes up.

Edited by pfrederi
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lee1977
1 hour ago, peter lena said:

lee1977, that horse look pretty stout ,and well cared for, any modifications to its set up? pete 

It has 25 x 900 x 12 All Trails II on the rear with the rear fender gas tank and the fender bracket raised 1 3/4"  The 400 x 8 Tri ribs on 3" wide wheels with the long front spindles for 6" wheels. They have been reinforced. Cree 24 watt Led flange mount lights. A Harbor Fright winch in a receiver hitch on back. I also added a 1/2" spacer under the front seat hinge as I didn't like the angle of the new seat. The steering wheel has been raise 3". 80 lbs. of wheel weight in each rear wheel. And the frame brace.

SAM-0888-2.jpg

SAM-0872.jpg

SAM-0460.jpg

Edited by Lee1977
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 8

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, LengerichKA88 said:

Well, I finally got to use just a tractor for snow removal.... did four drives, ran outta gas and then the battery wouldn’t turn it over. One trickle charger and 100ft extension cord later it’s back at Home. 

Im not sure if it’s theboff brand battery that’s junk (came with it), or if the S/G isn’t working properly, but I’ll figure that out when I can feel my fingers again 

0D641335-8629-4B3A-8B50-439EE4CC8C97.jpeg

There's a super easy bench test to do for your starter generator.

Once you determine if that is any good or not then you can figure out if your voltage regulator is the culprit.

• Thanks 1

ebinmaine

I spend some time experimenting with the Mid Mount grader today. I'll post some pics of that in another thread.

While doing that the brake shoe from the 1267 came out on the driveway. I did not figure it was in my best interest to leave it that way so I took one off of a shelf transmission and put it on there.

IMG_20190210_153427744.jpg.f4d3e0d047efa58b53ecb77abb989ea3.jpg

IMG_20190210_153416889.jpg.f6204efc2fcf2250b3e4b4914459bc75.jpg

Pullstart
On 1/28/2019 at 2:34 PM, Redman2018 said:

Good afternoon, new guy on this site. Hey just wanted to thank people who posted charging system issues on 520 H. I was removing snow this morning and voltmeter was reading 18 volts, well needless to say good by headlights, and read where voltage regulator may have to be grounded to get it to function properly, well put a ground wire from engine ti battery , hi five , we are back at 13.5 volts, thanks to all the sly,smart, people who know wheelhorse, I have owned since 1984. Tractors in Poseidon are 4-16 8 and 520 H , both were really given up on, both seem to perform well. Thanks to everyone, Reman 2019.

Hey @Redman2018:text-welcomewave: from just a stone’s throw away!  

• Like 1

Pullstart
On 1/31/2019 at 3:00 PM, 19richie66 said:

Well I adopted one.👍 We welcome to the family a 522xi with mowing deck. Made a deal and went and picked it up today. Going to give it  a nice home and plenty of red friends.

B3C093A7-A806-4616-8325-79580C0ABA01.jpeg

77235680-F2B5-48D5-A55F-0521E1EF9A30.jpeg

2EC2AA3B-7AB1-4E64-9657-325E134B23E1.jpeg

You should just start drop shipping your “just one more”’s to the Carolina property, don’t ya think Richie?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

LengerichKA88

@pfrederi & @ebinmaine: thank you gents! I need to find where I stuck my multimeter, and I’ll see what’s what and go from there. I hope it’s as simple as the battery (I’ve never had luck with off brands) but push come to shove we’ll get her going again. I’ll report back. 

I did leave it on the trickle charger once we got it home for about an hour. After that it seemed to be running well so I went and cleaned up the straggling snow that had accumulated. All in all about 3 hours of seat time today, so even with the hiccup I can’t really complain! 

• Excellent 2

Blackhood Bill
On 2/9/2019 at 1:07 PM, peter lena said:

WHNEWONE, go going on that cab, having been using this for years , to preserve vinyl and rubber , recommend   303 MARINE / RECREATIONAL AEROSPACE PROTECTANT, TO REFRESH THAT VINYL CAB. it will clean and feed that material, making it last and it will shed moisture like a duck. good luck with it , Pete

Thanks for the tip. I have been looking at the 303 marine and wondering if it was really any good.

WHGuy413

I added wheel weights to my 753 and my bronco 14. I don't need them but my boy's are now gonna give a crack at plowing. The boys then took the bronco 14 out and did a couple trailers of firewood.

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

ebinmaine
53 minutes ago, LengerichKA88 said:

never had luck with off brands

I'm not sure how many batteries nowadays could be considered an off brand.

Many of the major companies batteries are made by the same factories that make those off brands.

A lot has changed over the last 15 years or so because of the extreme competition.

There are threads here on Redsquare about the subject.

• Thanks 1

The Tuul Crib
5 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

I'm not sure how many batteries nowadays could be considered an off brand.

Many of the major companies batteries are made by the same factories that make those off brands.

A lot has changed over the last 15 years or so because of the extreme competition.

There are threads here on Redsquare about the subject.

:text-yeahthat:Eric!!!!

• Like 1

Volant1006

Put chains on the ole girl

cns1.jpg.91f3040cf68512147f3c66dbee1799f9.jpg

• Like 7
  • Excellent 1

PeacemakerJack
On 2/10/2019 at 2:23 PM, LengerichKA88 said:

I’d love to have an old Yota like that. Keep em maintained and they’ll run forever. 

There are more pics and a short write up on page 7 in the Vintage Trucks thread if you are interested...very cool mini truck for sure! Hard to believe that it is almost 40 years old:scared-yipes:

• Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
6 minutes ago, WHX22 said:

will be offering this service

Please keep me posted on this.... I don't read the classifieds much...

• Confused 1

WHX??
9 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

I don't read the classifieds much...

Whachamatter wif you... every addict worth his horse follows the classifieds.  :ychain:

• Haha 7

ebinmaine
18 minutes ago, WHX22 said:

Whachamatter wif you... every addict worth his horse follows the classifieds.  :ychain:

Agreed. Classifieds cost me money so I don't read them.

:ROTF:

• Haha 1

WHX??
29 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Classifieds cost me money so I don't read them.

Quit being a tightwad then EB...just cause a guy ain't hungry don't mean he can't look at the menu. Life's too short and ain't never heard of taking it with ya! 'Sides the other fellas  tell me the bank comes to you when they need money! :ychain:

• Haha 3

Shynon

This is what my Wheel Horse has done for me. Red overspray,  so the last few weekends have been disassembling and cleaning. 

received_350961995532785.jpeg

received_241108873484086.jpeg

20190210_104510.jpg

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

WHX??

Gotta like that reflection off the derby cover! :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Thanks 1

chip61

Haven't done anything to my own tractors it's been too cold and wet. My neighbor brought her 310-8 over for me to install blades-it needs a lot more than blades! It hasn't run in 2-3 years and has been out in the weather. I decided to get it running before looking at anything else. At least it was stored with no fuel in the tank. It started and ran fairly easily but while I was letting it run I started getting hit by little pieces of something-turned out to be the friction surface from the pto clutch. That was a first!! 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

ClassicTractorProfessor

Worked on my 701 a little bit tonight, decided to give it some custom touches. Flipped the front spindles to lower the front end, was thinking of lowering the whole thing, and still might, but I think it looks pretty wicked how it sits right now. The pics really don't do it justice, it looks a lot better in person. Need to find some wider wheels and some different tires for the rear. 

20190217_200625.jpg

20190217_223248.jpg

20190217_223253.jpg

20190217_223306.jpg

20190217_230708.jpg

20190217_230727.jpg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 3

Shed

That's awesome looking. How did you flip the spindles and hook the steering up.