Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

jefftheref
5 hours ago, Pullstart said:

@jefftheref :text-welcomeconfetti: southerly neighbor!  That is more of a lawn tractor than the garden tractors we favor for the most part on this site.  That being said, it is much higher quality than any new crap sold of recent that is similar size.  As for value?  More in your garage put to use, than in your pocket for spending.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

Thank you

jefftheref
4 hours ago, WHX?? said:

:text-yeahthat: :WRS: Jeff

Like Kev says couple of hundred tops ... better to mow your own lawn with. Better yet put a kid on it and send him out in the neighborhood for pocket money. Does look to be in nice shape. 

Thank you

WHX??

Your :text-welcomewave:

ebinmaine
4 hours ago, Heatingman said:

Getting pretty close

Looking fantastic!

You may want to consider fabbing up a brace for the exhaust.  

That's a fair amount of leverage weight pulling down n out on the cast iron (brittle) block. 

Screenshot_20220922-042512~2.png

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2

Heatingman
4 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Looking fantastic!

You may want to consider fabbing up a brace for the exhaust.  

That's a fair amount of leverage weight pulling down n out on the cast iron (brittle) block. 

Screenshot_20220922-042512~2.png

Excellent point. Think I will look into this today. 

• Like 2

ebinmaine
Just now, Heatingman said:

Excellent point. Think I will look into this today. 

I used a piece of flat stock on my Cinnamon Horse C160 and just bolted it to a clamp that was surrounding that horizontal pipe.

• Like 2

ebinmaine
39 minutes ago, Heatingman said:

Ask and you shall receive.

Side note: that hood looks pretty good in grey, but Im pretty sure Im painting it red.

A8821C09-9081-42E6-A5A2-4169460DEA60.jpeg

5A41E05E-6CB2-479A-AF9B-4098E3DB6D44.jpeg

DB174D27-8CC9-4A50-9337-4A8055B47EA4.jpeg

I like it!

Agree with the hood being red too.  

• Like 3

Heatingman

Thats a fine looking herd there @WHX??

That Dually in the bottom pic, is that just used for yard art? Seems way too nice a machine for that.

Edited by Heatingman
  • Thanks 1

WHX??

I also got tired of @Achto to crap or git off the pot on shooting a 701. Sorry bro but this project is takin up some real estate we need for PD and I need a roller.

I used Old 55 in a rattle Dan and I like it. Covers like crap but with small consistent  coats shines like...you know.

We'll still do the sheet metal out of a gun but for the gals we go out with.... good enough and once we stick it in the dirt it's fisticuffs anyone whines. 

I'll get out a BFH  and see how chip resistance  it is once it cures. Me thinks this is an underrated paint comparing to the $$ of Van Sickle.

I used the same paint in IH off white for the rims and seat on the Amigo and was happy. 

20220922_200217.jpg

20220922_200244.jpg

20220922_200229.jpg

20220922_202913.jpg

Edited by WHX??
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 7

Achto
18 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

Me thinks this is an underrated paint comparing to the $$ of Van Sickle.

True story - Old 55 is Vansickle enamel. Not their acrylic enamel like I use on my tractors but their strait enamel.

Just to prove it, compare the part number on your can to the Vansickle part number. Only diff is the Old 55 has an "M" in front of the number.

https://vansicklepaint.com/products/tractor-equipment-industrial-enamel?page=1

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Heatingman
14 minutes ago, Achto said:

True story - Old 55 is Vansickle enamel. Not their acrylic enamel like I use on my tractors but their strait enamel.

Just to prove it, compare the part number on your can to the Vansickle part number. Only diff is the Old 55 has an "M" in front of the number.

https://vansicklepaint.com/products/tractor-equipment-industrial-enamel?page=1

You buy that factory direct, or off the shelf somewhere? Might try them on the next one, but Id have to order direct.

• Like 1

WHX??
1 hour ago, Heatingman said:

Thats a fine looking herd there @WHX??

That Dually in the bottom pic, is that just used for yard art? 

Thank you sir but yard art my A$$ heatingdude...702 custom built for the missus. Paint by @Achto and assembly by me.

20200419_133152.jpg

20200419_133330.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 8

WHX??
16 minutes ago, Heatingman said:

You buy that factory direct, or off the shelf somewhere? Might try them on the next one, but Id have to order direct.

Off the shelf guy... if they have it at our local farm & barn. These days everything is out of stock. Thing I liked about this paint is out of the can ease compared to no rust noleum come out the can oleum . Very comparable to their sunrise  red in color but maybe a tad more brighter.

Edited by WHX??
  • Like 1

oliver2-44
1 hour ago, WHX?? said:

I used the same paint in IH off white for the rims and seat on the Amigo and was happy. 

Now how many times haven’t you ranted to the “no photo police”  and here we haven’t seen a thread started on the Amigo. You know that’s what the “other Brands” section is far. :naughty: :ychain:
But I’ll give you a break, you have posted some good show pictures lately. 

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 4

Achto
8 hours ago, Heatingman said:

You can buy Vansickle factory direct or see if there is a dealer in your area.

Old 55 is an exclusive brand name for Fleet Farm, apparently they won't sell paint on line.:( Looks like the closest Fleet Farm to you is in Delavan WI.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

WHX??
9 hours ago, oliver2-44 said:

we haven’t seen a thread started on the Amigo. You know that’s what the “other Brands” section is far. :naughty: :ychain:
But I’ll give you a break, you have posted some good show pictures lately. 

Thanks Jim... I know ... the missus has been all over me about wrenching on the Amigo so to appease her I painted some stuff on it and got it a roller. I had to promise her after plow day it would come in the shop for the winter and get it going. 

WHX??
11 hours ago, Achto said:

So what or how does the acrylic improve the paint. What are the benefits? 

Curious @Shynon do they have the Old 55 at your Fleets?

Edited by WHX??

Achto
2 hours ago, WHX?? said:

So what or how does the acrylic improve the paint. What are the benefits?

Acrylics have a harder surface once cured and better gloss retention. Urethane's would be the next step up, followed by epoxy's. 

• Thanks 1

Wheelhorse#1

Finally installed a knob that I purchased at the big show this summer.
Stuck it on the motion control stick.Used a reducer coupling, tap,threaded it through the existing plastic tip.

Not sure what type of plastic wheel horse used 🤔but that stuff is unbelievably strong,worked out pretty good I think.

C328DF8B-409C-48BA-8825-98747B28E0A2.jpeg

Edited by Wheelhorse#1
  • Like 5
  • Excellent 1