Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

ebinmaine
5 hours ago, Thor27 said:

what a beast it is

Agreed. 

And beautiful tractor!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Tuneup
8 hours ago, Thor27 said:

I've been down for 3 weeks with covid so my grass was getting long,

I hear ya and I hope you're getting over it. It was about 3 weeks for me and I still have to watch what's up in the head. That and hay fever. Anti-histamine - that little pink pill - has been great.

My weed lawn was almost 9" tall. Had to go over it twice and might have been able to sell the hay it made.

Get well!

8 hours ago, Thor27 said:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

rick

I was cutting the grass yesterday with my '97 314-8 / '93 48" deck listening to the knocking and vibration (louder than it has been).  Couldn't decide if it was a deck or engine noise so I cranked the mule tighter and the noise was quieter.  I had an idea then I had loose motor mounting bolts.  Checked this morning and the two left bolts turned freely and the front right bolt needed a little cinching up.  Rear right was okay,  I'll know next time I crank her if I did any good.

• Like 1

Oldskool

Adjusted the seat safety switch, made a battery hold down, hooked up the headlight wires, fixed the tie rod ends on one side and shimmed the front wheels on the 310-8.

Then.... took it and the tiller for a couple of passes in the garden. I'm so pleased with it. Even the wife was happy. That made me even happier.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

Chestnut

Getting the 520H snowblower ready. Changed the fuel shutoff  because it seemed to be plugged. It was. Fuel line was dried out and cracked so I ended up pulling the tank, cleaning, and installing a new fuel line. 

Been hearing a radio ad since we moved that says there are two seasons in Maine, Wintah and preparin' for Wintah, so I'm on it. Still a few more things to resolve with this tractor but I'll get there.

I haven't posted much lately It's been quite  a spring and summer. Bought the new house, had open heart surgery, moved, then sold the old house. Now getting a lot of work done on the "new" old house. Slowly getting back to a routine.

• Like 3

ebinmaine
12 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

there are two seasons in Maine, Wintah and preparin' for Wintah, so I'm on it

That's about right. 

Or:

Wintah and the 4th of Jooly. 

Good to hear you're headed back to kinda normal ish and looking forward to more posts. 

• Like 1

peter lena

@Ifixoldjunk like the looks of that oil soaking , when the metal , turns black , its in there , leave it upside down as long as you can , to enhance the soaking , i use a small flat file to touch up my blades , removing very little metal , yet giving a very sharp edge , put some lube on the fresh cut edge , to stop rust and hold sharpness. been doing this for years now , it just works , pete

• Like 2

Ifixoldjunk

E48B2F4B-25E5-49DA-B74B-AA138D737BE4.jpeg.1263d58a20fb7aa4698f211454442bf7.jpeg@peter lena

Just got done soaking my nicer of the two decks. Should help hold off rust for years to come. I've always used a file on my blades as well. No sense wasting material with a grinder.

Edited by Ifixoldjunk
  • Like 4
  • Excellent 1

Handy Don
On 9/28/2021 at 9:01 PM, lynnmor said:

If you have four hoses and no steel lines, this might work for you

Yep, with steel lines you have to do a lot more disassembly because you cannot get at the supply and return lines until the side panels on the hoodstand are off. 

AMC RULES

20210930_162016.thumb.jpg.0ef8c685979c37d7be072cfe3d48c767.jpg

20210930_162003.jpg.dcea08b2708bcedbca33eb5a4b8850d2.jpgNew LED's went on the Honda-Horse last night.

20210929_184655.jpg.ed932428c6a08d2496dfad3e2f306c26.jpg

This, and it wasn't even dark yet.

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 6

nyquil junkie

While leveling off some gravel and dozing away some rough areas in the dryed mudscape, I found that these conveyor belt rolling plates make great blade weights. They hang on the blade nice and tight if you whack em with a hammer once or twice.  Each one weighs about 7 pounds give or take.

And here all this time I just had them hanging off the back for added weight.

8861.jpg

8085.jpg

• Like 5

nyquil junkie

Also we pulled this poor thing out of a pile of branches mud and other stuff that washed into it in one of the floods we had this summer... It sat out there for a good while, I figured it was toast. Surprisingly, no water got in anywhere it shouldnt and it fired right up.  It was put to work hauling firewood the other day.  Doesn't seem any worse for wear.

9842.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

peter lena

@Ifixoldjunk like the looks of that oil soaking , when the metal , turns black , its in there , leave it upside down as long as you can , to enhance the soaking , i use a small flat file to touch up my blades , removing very little metal , yet giving a very sharp edge , put some lube on the fresh cut edge , to stop rust and hold sharpness. been doing this for years now , it just works , pete

peter lena

@AMC RULES where did you get those lights ? how much $ ? regular 4" round? , thanks pete

Gregor
2 hours ago, nyquil junkie said:

While leveling off some gravel and dozing away some rough areas in the dryed mudscape, I found that these conveyor belt rolling plates make great blade weights. They hang on the blade nice and tight if you whack em with a hammer once or twice.  Each one weighs about 7 pounds give or take.

That is a unique looking tractor, I'll say that for it. :handgestures-thumbup:

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Hauled in an old cherry tree that fell in the farmers field last spring.   Got some winter horses out and put a summer horse away for the winter.

103_0018.JPG.cf91b271ff0650ab18761a7716c495c2.JPG

• Like 8

AMC RULES
2 hours ago, peter lena said:

@AMC RULES where did you get those lights ? how much $ ? regular 4" round? , thanks pete

20210930_150725.jpg.1ef018fa2da11d2f41eb6b6cd9e36404.jpgPete, don't be afraid to take a chance on these $25 Wal-Mart Alpena LED specials.

20210930_150740.jpg.294f97eea2c526e47172fa0baad812a3.jpg

20210930_151505.jpg.f8a412a7b4167abc81a14fa6a88f0ffc.jpg

20210930_155754.jpg.f97411422a0a62c43e44dff3453e1a02.jpg

The next day here and I'm still seeing them two white spots.

20210930_155820.jpg.6fa6120c768c78d64a81ac09ad14e916.jpg

20210930_150655.jpg.e45bfb836e989b12d17cf429e61ed32a.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 3

D_Mac

So I picked up my other deck that a friend of mine was welding some patches on. When I got it home it was time for a quick paint job. Out came the Regal Red spray cans and a few hours later it was on my 500 Special. Really pleased with the " Indy". For something I pulled from sitting in a weed field for years to a nice running and nice looking machine puts a smile on my face. So since I was already smiling I thought I would pull the 1075 and the 875 out for a little cruise. Again... the 875 was purchased as a parts machine as it had a blown engine, broken steering wheel, broken steering gear, and tires coming off the rims. It now is my most comfortable cruising machine. I have a plow blade I will be putting on it in the next few days. Need to make some room in the garage. The Lawn Ranger didn't come out today but I will get it out tomorrow. 

20210930_152446.jpg

20210930_153228.jpg

20210930_153247.jpg

20210930_154148.jpg

20210930_154157.jpg

20210930_154215.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 8

ebinmaine

@D_Mac

That's a couple great saves there Man!!

D_Mac
2 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

@D_Mac

That's a couple great saves there Man!!

Thanks EB. Here is a pic of the 500 when I got it. The deck came with it. Had a big hole in front of it.

20210701_123003.jpg

20210701_142222.jpg

• Like 4

ebinmaine
9 minutes ago, D_Mac said:

Thanks EB. Here is a pic of the 500 when I got it. The deck came with it. Had a big hole in front of it.

Quite a solid transformation. Ya done good. 

• Like 1

peter lena

@AMC RULES thanks for the light info , my 82 c-85- magnum 12 , frankenhorse will probably get those , that's my typical experimental horse , once i make a switch on that , and ensure its use , typically add it to the others , do a lot of near the road snow plowing , anything brighter and longer range , will be great , thanks pete 

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat:

They do definitely get you seen.

• Like 1

Ifixoldjunk
9 hours ago, nyquil junkie said:

8861.jpg

8085.jpg

This is one of those times I wish a machine could talk. That old horse looks like it would have one hell of a story to tell.

• Like 2