Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

Achto
1 minute ago, ebinmaine said:

That a weighted propane tank?

I believe that @dclarke made it using a 60gal air compressor tank. It's filled with sand, sand weights about 12.76 lbs per gallon so it should weight about 750lbs.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

dclarke
24 minutes ago, Achto said:

IMG_20200605_125221429-min.jpg.4e3a1fd305bb10a26e370a796f21d9ae.jpg

Denny, the roller works great!! The only change that I might make is to shorten the axle stubs a bit. I hooked them on a few things in the yard while I was rolling, nothing serious, just a couple of nicks.:thumbs2:

Dan, I’m sure you can make short work of shortening those axle stubs.... I never had a problem with them hooking anything but then again I never used it. Which is why you have it. Lol

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 2

953 nut
4 minutes ago, echris said:

my nephew showed up with 2 friends in a GIANT diesel flatbed to pick up my tiny Husqvarna YTH-180 tractor. You could easily put an F-350 dually on this thing. Like using a freight train to move a single grain of rice. I should've gotten a pic. Hilarious.

Years back I bought a used pallet jack CAT Hand Pallet Jack - United Equipment - YouTube from a fellow we frequently shipped produce to. He sent it back inside a 48' tractor trailer that was deadheading back to Florida. Driver showed up and told the packinghouse foreman he had a full load of equipment for me :).  I hadn't told him this was coming so he called me out to the packing house to inspect the delivery, doors swung open and the foreman about fell out laughing over the "full load".

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

johnnymag3

Great start....time for a deck wheel or two there bud....Nice work

310-8 r side.jpg

• Excellent 1

Achto
24 minutes ago, echris said:

Is it normal that my Wheel Horse is in the garage and my car in the driveway? I thought so. :)

I know of no other way.:)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

echris
21 minutes ago, johnnymag3 said:

Great start....time for a deck wheel or two there bud....Nice work

Oh, they're shotter than shot. I'm gonna order the kit with the 5 rollers and wheels. For $55 it's a good deal.

Edited by echris
  • Like 1

chip61

Not a restoration by any means, I cleaned up and painted the hood, seat pan and foot rests on my C141. It's a worker-had lots of issues when I bought it.  I just wanted it to look a little

better. Terry's decals look great-probably the best part of the tractor.

How it looked when I got it

20190929_151059.jpg.9e4010fc71e45b5b779b97a7edf2315d.jpg

After a little touch-up

20200605_194008.jpg

20200605_193747.jpg

Edited by chip61
pics

D_Mac

Well continued receiving parts in the mail today. Im telling you its like Christmas. Today I got two packages. One from my buddies at K and B Horse Parts. This time they sent me brand new front lens for the C-161 and a new air filter assembly. The lens looks teriffic, old one was obviously broken. The air cleaner is a little different then the one I am removing. The plate is the same that screws to the carb but the dish is not as deep. Does anyone know what size filter I am going to need with the new dish on it? Part # perhaps ? Here is a photo of the plate I took off. Hanging on by a thread. Do you think thats cause by the " shaker " mounts? The second package was the rear lens. That was the good news. Bad news is that the lights are not working again. Thought I had it figured out but it keeps blowing fuses. Looks like I have something to do tomorrow. Maybe its the switch... I dunno but the little glass fuses are starting to add up !! I also picked up a Rubbermaid Riding Mower Shed. I got it for my mother some years ago served its purpose well. She wanted it gone so I brought it to my house....... you know what that means dont ya .......???:D

20200605_201232.jpg

20200605_201404.jpg

20200605_145234.jpg

20200605_160731.jpg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 2

D_Mac
  51 minutes ago, echris said:

Is it normal that my Wheel Horse is in the garage and my car in the driveway? I thought so. :)

Its not called a garage anymore.... its a " stable ".

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, echris said:

Brake drum has a lot of oil on the hub. Bad seal

Lotsa great work there!!

Yeah... Bad seal.

Easy fix.

Parts available from multiple places.

WHX??

Watched paint dry! Got the job half done and the rattle can plugged up....:ranting:

Edited by WHX24
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

Andy N.

Did some custom engine detailing on the wife's '86 312-8.

IMG_0419.JPG

Edited by Andy N.
  • Like 6
  • Excellent 1

SylvanLakeWH
7 hours ago, WHX24 said:

Watched paint dry! 

That can be quite entertaining... 

Opportunity to refill you glass... :orcs-cheers:

Pick lint out of your belly button... :teasing-neener:

Contemplate which shade of red you really should be using... :confusion-confused:

Deep stuff... :eusa-think:

• Haha 7

johnnymag3
10 hours ago, WHX24 said:

Watched paint dry! Got the job half done and the rattle can plugged up....:ranting:

Save the tips and spray nozzles from empty cans, keep them soaking in Paint thinner....seal them in a nice container. When the rattle can acts up next time, pull the spray nozzle and add a new clean one !!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

squonk
13 hours ago, D_Mac said:

Well continued receiving parts in the mail today. Im telling you its like Christmas. Today I got two packages. One from my buddies at K and B Horse Parts. This time they sent me brand new front lens for the C-161 and a new air filter assembly. The lens looks teriffic, old one was obviously broken. The air cleaner is a little different then the one I am removing. The plate is the same that screws to the carb but the dish is not as deep. Does anyone know what size filter I am going to need with the new dish on it? Part # perhaps ? Here is a photo of the plate I took off. Hanging on by a thread. Do you think thats cause by the " shaker " mounts? The second package was the rear lens. That was the good news. Bad news is that the lights are not working again. Thought I had it figured out but it keeps blowing fuses. Looks like I have something to do tomorrow. Maybe its the switch... I dunno but the little glass fuses are starting to add up !! I also picked up a Rubbermaid Riding Mower Shed. I got it for my mother some years ago served its purpose well. She wanted it gone so I brought it to my house....... you know what that means dont ya .......???:D

20200605_201232.jpg

20200605_201404.jpg

20200605_145234.jpg

20200605_160731.jpg

Don, the Napa # for the filter   is 2373 or

702204. Foam pre filter is 702276

• Thanks 1

squonk

"Horsed " the deck on to HHHOOOWWWAAARRRDDD!!!  for a little "old school" mowing.

IMG_1981.JPG.fbec5bb0648fcdcee2919599f4f0477c.JPG

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 2

johnnymag3

Spent the morning in the Stable, Nothing to do on the Horses, waiting for a carburetor kit to arrive for the WALBRO.....

SO...….    I started to dig in my Wheel Horse boxes I bought. I came across an electric lift that works perfect, in great paint and condition !!!  I have not seen one of these in a long time. I also came across ALOT of gas tanks, steering wheels , new front spindles...and a TON of other goodies. I will be posting Horse stuff on a table or 5 very soon. That is what I did for my Horses today. !!!   Im sure I will be doing something else since there is a lot of day left. I just hate running them on super hot … humid days.  

magnaflow stack.jpg

• Like 2

johnnymag3
17 hours ago, Achto said:

I believe that @dclarke made it using a 60gal air compressor tank. It's filled with sand, sand weights about 12.76 lbs per gallon so it should weight about 750lbs.

Try pulling that with a Home Cheapo Tractor...…   I mean mower

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine

Like that special edition Wheelhorse milk can too.

Screenshot_20200606-134737.png.075c109d5f116ad1175edcfe6ec84d29.png

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

SylvanLakeWH
3 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Like that special edition Wheelhorse milk can too.

Screenshot_20200606-134737.png.075c109d5f116ad1175edcfe6ec84d29.png

:text-yeahthat:

Hey @Vinylguy - Pretty nice decal...Who did it for you? :ychain:

:D

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Vinylguy
1 hour ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

:text-yeahthat:

Hey @Vinylguy - Pretty nice decal...Who did it for you? :ychain:

:D

I know a guy:D

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 4

AMC RULES
1 hour ago, Vinylguy said:

I know a guy:D

:eusa-think: Thinking, we both know the same guy, and yeah, he really is a great guy.  :bow-blue:

• Like 2
  • Heart 3