Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

KensSmallEngines

Did it solve the wheely popping issues so common on these?

• Haha 1

Lane Ranger

Ken : so far yes ! I will wait to tell the story at the Big Show on “my wheelie popping “  experience with this one! 

I have a couple that will pop in third gear but this one popped second worse than any third gear pop I ever experienced!   

The head bolts snd gas had to be torqued  on this and after that was done a new throttle cable.   The think starts first or second pull on low choke setting and has quite a bit of power.  

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

Jhook

Started tearing into my 416h that lost spark backfired and died during my first mow with it 

20210601_190853.jpg

20210601_201123.jpg

• Sad 6

Gregor

Sounds suspiciously like a partially sheared flywheel key.   :confusion-confused:

• Like 1

Jhook
13 minutes ago, Gregor said:

Sounds suspiciously like a partially sheared flywheel key.   :confusion-confused:

Ill take a look at the key tomorrow. I was planning on it being the ignition module since i tested coil and ran a jumper wire bypassing all safetys with no luck 

D_Mac
2 hours ago, pullstart said:

Unloaded my new toy this afternoon.  A little more than 200 miles round trip and :ph34r: over state lines.

6C2D035D-8E95-46B5-B591-AD06CAE8DBC2.jpeg

02BE4BE5-F6F5-48D3-8ABC-234CD02CD3D3.jpeg

Nice but where is the rest of it?

• Haha 6

Pullstart
27 minutes ago, D_Mac said:

Nice but where is the rest of it?

That’s all there is!  It’s pretty much the tractor that became the legacy you know as Wheel Horse :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2
  • Heart 2

Gregor
3 minutes ago, pullstart said:

That’s all there is!  It’s pretty much the tractor that became the legacy you know as Wheel Horse :handgestures-thumbupright:

Is that all there ever was?

• Like 1

ebinmaine
5 hours ago, Gregor said:

Is that all there ever was?

Yepp

• Like 1

ebinmaine
19 minutes ago, pullstart said:

any of that other stuff that gets in the way of what you’re trying to accomplish

The Safety Division of the company I work for was once jokingly referred to as The Delivery Prevention Team

• Haha 5

SylvanLakeWH
42 minutes ago, pullstart said:

:text-yeahthat:

Back when OSHA was what you half got out of your mouth before the threshing machine tore your leg off... No seat suspension, no brakes, no steering wheel, no foot rests, or any of that other stuff that gets in the way of what you’re trying to accomplish.

21 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

The Safety Division of the company I work for was once jokingly referred to as The Delivery Prevention Team

True…

But, that little town in Wisconsin - OSHA - is probably the main reason many of us are still able to post things on this site with all, or most, of our fingers…

Balance is the key… balancing stupid with efficiency with safety… not easy. Sometimes they get it right, sometimes they don’t…

Just a thought…as I look at my jumped seat shut off (from previous owner) on my “new” C85…

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

D_Mac
48 minutes ago, pullstart said:

:text-yeahthat:

Back when OSHA was what you half got out of your mouth before the threshing machine tore your leg off... No seat suspension, no brakes, no steering wheel, no foot rests, or any of that other stuff that gets in the way of what you’re trying to accomplish.

So you are telling me there is no place to plug in an MP3 player?

• Haha 6

WHX??
5 minutes ago, D_Mac said:

Nope....and no cigarette lighter to charge a cell phone or run the pellet grill :lol:

• Haha 6

SylvanLakeWH
6 minutes ago, D_Mac said:

Nope - MP3 is so old school… it’s Bluetooth capable and a mobile hot spot… :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Haha 4

Snoopy11
13 hours ago, pullstart said:

Sure lives up to its name... torquie horse with wheels...

Don

• Like 2

Lee1977
2 hours ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Nope - MP3 is so old school… it’s Bluetooth capable and a mobile hot spot… :handgestures-thumbupright:

I'm happy to say I know very little about what you just posted.

• Haha 8

Pullstart
3 hours ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

mobile hot spot

Hot spot?  I imagine it’ll draw a crowd.  Mobile?  Give me another day... :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Haha 2
  • Heart 2

elcamino/wheelhorse
1 hour ago, Lee1977 said:

I'm happy to say I know very little about what you just posted.

Yes , I agree , have no idea and don't even have a cell phone.

Lee1977
3 hours ago, pullstart said:

Hot spot?  I imagine it’ll draw a crowd.  Mobile?  Give me another day... :handgestures-thumbupright:

With all those Wheel Horses  does that new horse hauler have a trailer hitch if not better whip one up. Might need your double decker horse rack if you plan to bring more home from the show,

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

OutdoorEnvy

That is really cool oldworkhorse!  Job well done all around.  If you line it up with others at the show you'll be know which ones yours for sure :)  I hope it brings years of enjoyment to the family.  Thanks for the post

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, OutdoorEnvy said:

That is really cool oldworkhorse!  Job well done all around.  If you line it up with others at the show you'll be know which ones yours for sure :)  I hope it brings years of enjoyment to the family.  Thanks for the post

I'm looking forward to the day when he can get his three tractors lined up with my Cinnamon Horse, Colossus,  Trina's bright red Pony 657, Pigpen 867, her military tractor, and whatever else we have.....

All with @JCM Jim's herd and @Oldskool Mike's custom collection.... @Stepney Spencer's crew, as well as whomever we can bring together.  

THAT will be a great picture!!

• Excellent 1
  • Heart 4