Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

Pullstart
13 hours ago, The Tool Crib said:

I let my horse loose but only for a few

feet! 

Don’t ya just love low range?

• Like 1

adsm08

New muffler, and adjusted the governor that I knocked loose getting the old one off.

Next up, is probably a bath.

Edited by adsm08
  • Like 3

The Tuul Crib
1 hour ago, pullstart said:

Don’t ya just love low range?

One word..... POWER! Makes ya want 

to go out and pull a stump!!

• Like 3

pfrederi

Gave my towing/backup chore tractor a tune up.  310-8 with 10 pinion differential and ags.  She has gotten lot of work as it is to soggy to use the big tractors.  Spent a fair amount of time cursing the Kohler employee who stamped the timing marks on flywheels.  I think he had a second job as the before model in Charles Atlas ads.   Just once I would like to be able to find the marks with out having to pull the shroud (and coil and throttle linkage etc)  get a wire brush to clean the wheel enough to find them then paint them then reassemble.  Just getting all the little bolts holding it on aligned and started is a real pain. All of which takes a lot longer than actually adjusting the timing....

IMG_0048.JPG

IMG_0049.JPG

Edited by pfrederi
  • Like 8
  • Excellent 1

953 nut
55 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

Spent a fair amount of time cursing the Kohler employee who stamped the timing marks on flywheels.  I think he had a second job as the before model in Charles Atlas ads.

A little notch on the flywheel would have been much too hard to do!              :soapbox:             If it was one of the older S/G model you would have had to pull the flywheel too.

102_2843.JPG.9b73d07151e4db276f955c703b80f4fb.JPG

• Like 3

chip61

Moved the trailer hitch from my hydro tractor to the 314-8. I hate backing a trailer with the hydro.

• Like 2

richmondred01

Swapping the Ag tires for turf tires on the 418-8 and cleaning it up preparing to sell her. 

Hate to let such a low production rare model go but, I’m down sizing to just one wheel horse and one IH cadet. 

I will most likely regret it because they are harder to find for me then the 520-8 but......got to put the big boy pants on and say good by. 

FDDD3748-1A99-4F63-86C2-30AF37DCDABE.jpeg

8949C0F3-7298-40DF-8440-834DA8D6B7DF.jpeg

AE5DB843-3F57-4262-810E-D9C9549AFB0E.jpeg

Edited by richmondred01
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

TonyToro

Getting the herd ready for the first pull of the season.

image1.JPG

image2.JPG

• Excellent 4

Daron1965
18 minutes ago, TonyToro said:

Getting the herd ready for the first pull of the season.

image1.JPG

image2.JPG

Good Luck.   Remember to post pics of the horses in action. 

• Thanks 1

bds1984

I finally got to use the rototiller I inherited from my grandfather for the first time today with my C165 at my first house I bought.  The K341 purred along without breaking a sweat!

20190518_172335.jpg

20190518_172249.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 5

Lane Ranger

Wish I could get to use my tiller but the ground is just too wet yet!  Our garden is on top of a hill but rain in April and May had been four days a week!  

E41A1E3B-6F4D-434A-874B-9E6BDC4EEBE1.jpeg

• Sad 2

rjg854

Spent a couple of hours on my 1/4 mile driveway with a york rake and the '68 Commando 8 , regrading it.  Filled in the ruts and potholes,  so now it's somewhat flat again. 

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

WHX??

And we you know you did this @rjg854because of the :text-coolphotos: you are going to post?

Edited by WHX22
Speeling
  • Haha 2

rjg854

Does it count if Squonk saw the york rake when he was here Saturday? 

Not much to see other than a lot of stone :ychain: and maybe a touch of sunburn. Got into the 80's for the first time today.  Up until now the best we've had is 60's and its rained all but 2 days this month. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

TonyToro
12 hours ago, Lane Ranger said:

Wish I could get to use my tiller but the ground is just too wet yet!  Our garden is on top of a hill but rain in April and May had been four days a week!  

E41A1E3B-6F4D-434A-874B-9E6BDC4EEBE1.jpeg

I know the feeling...and now the mosquitos are in full force!

WHX??
36 minutes ago, rjg854 said:

Does it count if Squonk saw the york rake when he was here Saturday?

NO... we don't trust Squonk on seeing anything but you can chew his @$$ for us  for no pics of the Commando working, even if he wasn't ther! :lol: 

• Haha 2
  • Heart 1

rmaynard
On 5/16/2019 at 7:38 PM, The Tool Crib said:

I let my horse loose but only for a few

feet! 

C3613706-FAE6-4443-8AD0-6B755801FB97.MOV

Is that one of them new-fangled self driving things?

The Tuul Crib
1 minute ago, rmaynard said:

Is that one of them new-fangled self driving things?

Hey hold my beer!! Watch isss!

:ROTF::ROTF:

• Haha 1

Pullstart

Fixed the exhaust on the Commando 6 so it won’t hit the hood, tightened up the super loose backing plate for the engine shroud and borrowed Frank’s battery for a bit.  This baby starts and purrs!  Oh, I also put a functional choke cable and new fuel line on to fix the small amount of seepage under the tank.  Next order of business is fitting an air cleaner!

7AF96534-6C53-438B-BF67-4F8E0B5775BC.jpeg

72918936-59E0-47FE-B912-8C75DC675CE8.jpeg

1C55FA61-9803-4D98-B202-B1D96E8DBEDE.jpeg

• Like 5

Goldann520

Part 3, "the bomb" well I'm back again after another 8 mo. Hiatus. Sold out all my wh and green stuff over the winter. Had nothing to play with so picked up this c 161 automatic for not much. Was outside for 10 years probably. Hood pitted so bad would need bondo to fix it. Flywheel cover rotted out at bottom, every nut and bolt stuck, you know, FUN! No compression so pulled head and exhaust valve was stuck and intake valve was bent! No bolt marks on head like I've seen a lot of from air cleaner assembly bolts. Any ideas on how it got bent would be appreciated.  Valve guide and head fine. Hello to all again, Terry 

20190515_132342.jpg

Edited by Goldann520
  • Like 4

Goldann520

Sorry, didn't mean to bust in on your topic. Im rusty like this tractor 😆

• Confused 1

Pullstart
4 minutes ago, Goldann520 said:

Sorry, didn't mean to bust in on your topic. Im rusty like this tractor 😆

This is a perfect place to update, unless you want to start a build thread!  Welcome back!

• Like 3

PeacemakerJack

Welcome Back Terry! You picked the perfect spot to reconnect with the forum.   If you are going to do a refurbish/resto on this tractor—open a thread in restorations and I’ll follow along.  Looks like a fun tractor to bring back to life...

• Like 2

Goldann520

@PeacemakerJack ya they're quite desirable down Charlotte way here. Have had a few people asking to find these. I like it cause its only 2 years made, hydraulic lift (i dont do lift handles anymore), 16 hp, kohler, old style hood and dash, it was complete,  whats not to like. The tricks gonna be doing all this work on the cheap. 😀 it  needs a lot. So far ive had parts in stock. Got the intake valve, had the starter solenoid it needed. And came with a solid 42 deck. 

20190518_163923.jpg

• Like 4